MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Calling out JIM@SHOWSTOPPERS (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/376471-calling-out-jim-showstoppers.html)

jwillard0201 07-30-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by blasian
Meh... I've had something that took longer than it should to get to me. It took me over a week to have it shipped and that was with me constantly reminding.

I didn't feel the need to make a thread about it although it was my hard earned money.

Well, that is what makes us all different....we all have different tolerance levels. With you it took over a week...in this case I believe the OP said months...

When you purchase something you buy with expected shipping time...once you pass that and you arent getting any calls/responses and you unwound the only recourse(dispute with paypal) you do what you have to do.

A simple phone call/card/email/pm saying hey...I apologize for the delay but this is whats going on could and would have kept this negative feedback from spilling out into the forum. Since this vendor pushes his products in this forum why not use it as a tool to get some answers. :confused:

blasian 07-30-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by minispider
a week? and you were worried? try months!!!!:icon38:

I waited months to get new test pipes because a set broke... Still no complaining. I PM'd, eventually got a message... was forgotten about and reminded them and then I got my product. Guess I'm not as anal.

Zstealth 07-30-2008 04:16 PM

:icon21: I LOVE ASUKAL!

minispider 07-30-2008 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by iStan
I think the biggest concern is the OP felt like he was being scammed. Jim has not always been the quickest, but he also hasn't scammed anyone. He's got too much to lose to make a few hundred scamming.

You think waiting for a roof cap is rough? Imagine having your Z down in Socal for three months as they do R&D.

yea, but your getting sh t done to your car and most likely free!!!:bowrofl:

blasian 07-30-2008 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by jwillard0201
Well, that is what makes us all different....we all have different tolerance levels. With you it took over a week...in this case I believe the OP said months...

When you purchase something you buy with expected shipping time...once you pass that and you arent getting any calls/responses and you unwound the only recourse(dispute with paypal) you do what you have to do.

A simple phone call/card/email/pm saying hey...I apologize for the delay but this is whats going on could and would have kept this negative feedback from spilling out into the forum. Since this vendor pushes his products in this forum why not use it as a tool to get some answers. :confused:

Could be because he's not just on this forum :dunno:

Bet yes, I've waited months before but I guess I have better tolerance.

iStan 07-30-2008 04:20 PM

Bet yes, I've waited months before but I guess I have better tolerance.

It's the asian in you.
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Gav...C10126600.jpeg

blasian 07-30-2008 04:20 PM

:icon18:

My Zen patience points are high

minispider 07-30-2008 04:24 PM

oh yes...my wife is half Japanese and half Colombian so I gonna have me some oriental ON me tonight after all this aggravation!

jwillard0201 07-30-2008 04:26 PM

Could be because he's not just on this forum :dunno:

I really dont see how that has anything to do with the issue. Your customer base is your customer base regardless of where or how you get them. Its called managing your business. Vendors should realize that a happy customer is great advertisement...but piss them off and its some of the worst publicity you can get...cause people always like to talk about crappy service.

My tolerance is pretty bad when I am not given the service I expect....or am promised. Once you have been scammed on the internet its kinda hard to get that warm and fuzzy feeling when your order has issues and the communication isnt there.

Maybe Jim should hire a hot secretary to help him with his work if he is getting slammed. :)

iStan 07-30-2008 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by minispider
oh yes...my wife is half Japanese and half Colombian so I gonna have me some oriental ON me tonight after all this aggravation!

Ok, it looks like Crisis avoided... so...

:worthless:

Of Half Japense/Columbian Wife of course. We don't care about the Roof Cap anymore.

iStan 07-30-2008 04:28 PM

Maybe Jim should hire a hot secretary to help him with his work and to slam. :)

Genious.

minispider 07-30-2008 04:30 PM

Ok, it looks like Crisis avoided... so...

:worthless:

Of Half Japense/Columbian Wife of course. We don't care about the Roof Cap anymore.

well not really...now she's gonna pay for all this...:D

blasian 07-30-2008 04:31 PM

I really dont see how that has anything to do with the issue. Your customer base is your customer base regardless of where or how you get them. Its called managing your business. Vendors should realize that a happy customer is great advertisement...but piss them off and its some of the worst publicity you can get...cause people always like to talk about crappy service.

My tolerance is pretty bad when I am not given the service I expect....or am promised. Once you have been scammed on the internet its kinda hard to get that warm and fuzzy feeling when your order has issues and the communication isnt there.

Maybe Jim should hire a hot secretary to help him with his work if he is getting slammed. :)

Never been scammed... but I guess I'm pretty smart about it.

Oh well... carry on. This thread will die down and people will continue to buy from Jim.

minispider 07-30-2008 04:33 PM

and here she is...

back on topic, well Jim let's see that traking...crown royal is waiting!

milkit 07-30-2008 04:36 PM

i ordered an injen ses exhaust from them on a monday. they said it would ship thursday and to call back and get tracking. i called friday and they were closed for a car show. i called monday and no answer, i was getting mad.

then i came home to a giant ass box with my exhaust in it that night and i felt bad.

minispider 07-30-2008 04:39 PM

^^^^ I hope that's me tomorrow, now i'm gonna have me some sushi!

SupaDoopa 07-30-2008 04:48 PM

I guess this thread is eligible for LOCK.

J0NNy 07-30-2008 06:42 PM

i like cheesecake...

minispider 07-31-2008 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by SupaDoopa
I guess this thread is eligible for LOCK.

Not yet.

Fletch69z 07-31-2008 03:56 AM

Good luck man. Communication is key and it really isn't that hard (or shouldn't be if you care about your business being successful). All it takes is a quick e-mail or PM or phone call and this whole thing would have been resolved. However, I'm sure that Jim has a lot of other happy customers as well, so maybe he just needs some help maintaining his lines of business but again, that's his problem, not yours.