Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Chicago Police Z :Owned

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:10 AM
GHOST1207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think cops are cool people, well the ones I met at least, if you show them respect, do what you're told by them, and don't drive like an ***.

I remember one time my buddies and I all got caught drinking out somewhere in the desert. About 6 cars pulled up and they pull us away and questioned us, why are we drinking, did you know that drinking out here is considered drinking in public, etc. Yeah they were asses and douches to us, but after a while of talking and lecturing us, they figured we learned our lesson, so they called our parents, we were 17 at the time, and they let us off with a warning. While waiting for our parents to come, they chilled with us and talked about when they used to drink and stuff like that, at that point I felt like I was talking to a regular joe, not an officer.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:13 AM
bloodwings19

Originally Posted by illjim69
1 out 10? that is kind of stretching it.

jim

1 out of 10 maybe are bad cops. For as long as I owned my Z (4 years), I have never put a license plate on the front and I've never been pulled over. If there are bunch of bad cops, I don't think I'll be this lucky.
I hope that the 350Z (in Charlotte, NC) came with those wheels when it was confiscated because if they didn't, they have a lot of explaining to do.
I understand why the Chicago Police kept the Z, if they auction it which they are supposed to, they would not get the market value for the car. One reason they painted the car like that is to showoff to the kiddies, it was meant as a show, not as a pursuit car. I think that Chicago Z is more likely parked in front of schools than in front of an area of crime.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Dissenter

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
5 year olds pay taxes?
OMFg! You are hilarious! Is that "cop humor" or what?

But since you obviously want to have a "discussion" Mr. Officer, I have a cousin on the local city police force (he was recently voted "Officer of The Year") who has told me the antics of our so called civil servants who feed at the trough. That is NOT calling you a "pig," I'm more intelligent than that, but someone who is being paid by the taxpayers. Also, my fiancee's step sister is a dispatcher for 911 and has confirmed my cousin's statements. Yea, these are people to look up to.......NOT!

Really, if you think you are all that by catching speeders, you need to take a good look in the mirror. Most of the time police are called AFTER the fact. "AFTER" being the key word!!

Personally, I have the means to protect myself so maybe I should be paying myself!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Dissenter

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
I think cops are cool people, well the ones I met at least, if you show them respect, do what you're told by them, and don't drive like an ***.
Respect is earned and not given!!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Dissenter

Originally Posted by illjim69

anyone who thinks the government should be allowed to STEAL property for minor offense should DIAF.

jim
Old 08-10-2008, 01:20 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Dissenter
OMFg! You are hilarious! Is that "cop humor" or what?

But since you obviously want to have a "discussion" Mr. Officer, I have a cousin on the local city police force (he was recently voted "Officer of The Year") who has told me the antics of our so called civil servants who feed at the trough. That is NOT calling you a "pig," I'm more intelligent than that, but someone who is being paid by the taxpayers. Also, my fiancee's step sister is a dispatcher for 911 and has confirmed my cousin's statements. Yea, these are people to look up to.......NOT!

Really, if you think you are all that by catching speeders, you need to take a good look in the mirror. Most of the time police are called AFTER the fact. "AFTER" being the key word!!

Personally, I have the means to protect myself so maybe I should be paying myself!
Your cousin represents all police officers across the country and has been voted their spokesman... Congrats.

BTW, you do not pay my taxes. My agency is non-appropriated funds. Try again.

Your fiance's sister's cousin's neighbor, whatever... 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon???

Law enforcement, just as any other professional demographic, has its share of douche bags; however, for the very large majority, they are honest hard working folks. Until you have worn the shoes or been exposed to everyone of us, STFU, coming on here acting as if you know everything about the profession and the mentalities behind the uniform. Because you don't know jack.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by kutnupe14
and you know this how?
Cause we save their cats.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:46 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Cause we save their cats.
You can have her.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
WhiteOnWhite350z

I am sure the drug dealers had that police paint job on their car before...Ya drug money paid for it...righttttt

Originally Posted by bamyi
Me bad.

No, its actually the drug dealer's money that's funding it

Last edited by WhiteOnWhite350z; 08-10-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:46 PM
MrSteak

If the cops actually used that car it would get damaged VERY quickly.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 PM
GHOST1207

Respect is earned and not given!!
Exactly, respect the officer and he or she will repect you.

Cop bashing FTL
Old 08-11-2008, 04:26 AM
SupaDoopa

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
Exactly, respect the officer and he or she will repect you.

Cop bashing FTL
+1. If you act like a dick to the cop, do you think he's going to smile? Wrong.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Demonbfg

Originally Posted by SupaDoopa
+1. If you act like a dick to the cop, do you think he's going to smile? Wrong.
What if the cop acts like a dick first?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Typeone

Hey, at least they didn't put an ugly *** vinyl across the side of the car.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Dissenter

Law enforcement, just as any other professional demographic, has its share of douche bags;
And you make an excellent example of your words!!
however, for the very large majority, they are honest hard working folks.
And so does the majority of people who has to deal with the ilk like you!
Until you have worn the shoes or been exposed to everyone of us, STFU, coming on here acting as if you know everything about the profession and the mentalities behind the uniform. Because you don't know jack.
Nice comeback A-HOLE! STFU? No, I'll keep posting because your "authority" doesn't work on me nor on this forum.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:36 PM
haeshik

Originally Posted by imonlykidden
Police have a Turboed Z somewhere around the North Carolina area that tries to get youto race it, then calls ahead and the cops pull you over for racing. Sounds like entrapment. no?
thats facked up
Old 08-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Peak350

Those of you bashing on cops, I'm not sure I understand. I know I couldn't deal with the **** most have to put up with. Dealing with homeless squatters, prostitutes, petty drug dealers and the rest of the scum no-one wants to have to deal with. Then when they pull you over they are probably in a bad mood from everything else. If you were driving dangerously it annoyed them some, if you are a dick and don't show respect, of course you won't get it back, if they're rude, try smiling and being nice, it works pretty well.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:12 PM
HDPDZO6

Nice comeback A-HOLE! STFU? No, I'll keep posting because your "authority" doesn't work on me nor on this forum.
I wouldn't expect it to work on someone who hides behind a keyboard.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:38 PM
diwun67

Can a car be taken by a police agency if it isn't owned outright by the perp (a lending institution owns the car, perp is still making payments)? I've heard they can't...
Old 08-15-2008, 08:32 PM
350zsunshinefl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the car is still under a loan and has a substantial ammount of money still owed to the bank , technically the banks owns the title to the car- so they can't confiscate a vehicle that isn't owned by the driver.

But in some cases, if the owner has payed out 80% or more on the car the police would work with the bank to confiscate it and pay it out.

If the car isn't owned by the driver committing the crime then they can't confiscate it. Knew a guy who raced his mom's bmw, got caught in a street race - long story short the police doesn't want to deal with the hassle if the car is owned by someone else.

Quick Reply: Chicago Police Z :Owned