Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why exactly I will never buy another STILLEN product

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 07:04 AM
zrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big business just doesn't care about anything except the bottom line. So what if they **** of a few folks, they're obviously too busy and don't need the business. And here you are the small few stating that you'll never buy from them again? Big whoop de do, they'll never notice.

Good customer service is rare, you could have the best product in the world and have a complete dickwad representing it and you'll still sell millions, it's just the way it is. Believe me, Stillen is not going to feel your pinch. Matter of fact they probably forgot your name by now.

Now, had that loose piece of metal inside the muffler shot out and injured you? They would be on their knees kissing the tip of your....
Old 08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

zrob, what you say is true to some extent but if they get a bad rep in these forums and their z product line sales suffer as a result then they might just take notice.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:45 AM
WashUJon

My company won't pay for the customer to ship our product back to us, but if the product is found to be defective we will ship it back to the customer on us. That's common practice.

Still, they have no regard for the customer and I'm shocked at all the stories I hear about their service. I just can't believe any representative would talk to a customer like that and treat him with such low regard. Eventually it'll kill business.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:19 AM
cincyspider

Sorry...but that is just PISSPOOR service...you sell and ship a defective product, and then make the customer pay to return it??

excuse me...but that is BS!! I wouldn't spend a nickel with your company! I have bought ALOT of computer and electronic equipement thru the mail, and the companies have FEDEX pick up their defective merch...

Wake up people!! You do NOT have to be captive to this poor service!
Old 08-01-2003, 04:25 PM
EgH

Glad you shared that dude, I'll probably be spending quite a few $$ over the years on my Z.......

Not a cent of it of it will go to Stillen....

Cause if that was me I'd have to get South Central on his ***. That kinda **** REALLY, REALLY PISSES me off!!! Cocky bastards.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:02 PM
kdvanwert

PhilGood sorry to here about your experiences with Stillen. I'll make sure to never by any Stillen products, and I'll make sure to pass the word on.

Also g35mt thanks for the info on american express.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:26 AM
mrsnetpro

By any chance did you charge it on AMEX? They offer a warranty of their own, and they will charge back the vendor for shipping costs, especially if it is defective. They will also, on occassion, "buy back" the product from you with their purchase guarantee. It seems like if it cost $300 and they want $100 to send it back they might just do it.

FYI - Amex will double or triple most warranties on anything, as long as you do not opt for an extended warranty.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Akira

In business, maintaining a customer is a key. If a business fail to do so, they will fail.

maintaining customer = $X
getting a new customer = $2X
getting back customer = $4X

It cost more money to get or get back customers through marketing then keeping an existing customers. If business is smart, they will do everything they can to keep the cost down. And with that said, I will never buy Stillen.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:23 AM
67 Demon

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with Stillen. That really blows!! What is even worse is that you didnt even raise your voice and the manager got on the phone in a defensive manner. Customer Service really sucks these days!

On a side note, i wholeheartedly agree with cincyspider. I realize we are talking apples and oranges with car parts and computer equipment, but business is business and cutomer support is customer support. I work in the medical field. One of "our" machines was not working properly (it was still under warranty) and so we sent it back to the manufacturer. The item(s) itself are worth much more than an exhaust system and combined weigh more. Anyways, "we" were not charged a single penny for sending the product back to the comapany nor were we charged for receiving it either. Like it was stated earlier, just because it is "standard practice" doesnt mean it is good customer relations. Why dont you break off from the "standard" and provide your own QUALITY customer support and maybe customers will return to your company for more business in the future. Sorry for the rant, just thought it was needed to let people know that there still is good customer service out there. Also, good story about Circuit City. Definatelty not my fav. company but will consider them next time!!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:52 AM
lowrider

Well IMO, Stillen must know that this thread exists (this is the largest "Z" and "G" forum around. I would hate to think they do not monitor it, or a loyal customer would let them know. One would think that if they had a case they would reply. Not a word at all from them???

Lou
Old 08-10-2003, 10:46 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will never by a $tealin' product w/ my money.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:18 PM
RANDY350Z

If you purchased the exhaust w/ your credit card--dispute the charge. i would call your credit card company and tell them that you recieved a defective product and it has not been resolved and refuse payment until it is correct. I would send the exhaust back and tell them you want your money back. Also call and get this Bill Clater's boss and write a formal complaint and a phone call to him---remeber --everyone has a boss