Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my new black baby!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4291465611

Here she is and she is fantastic!!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:59 AM
SnoopyZ

Absolutely awesome Raceboy... you are so lucky... all I get to do is... wait and wait and wait... =(. But yea... I am happy for ya. I can't wait till my touring black gets here, if it ever does.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:02 AM
nizl

Screw you and the beautiful black Z you rode in in!

j/k Congrats!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:12 AM
InternetABYSS

FREAKING BADASS.....black was my second choice.......

YOU LUCKY DOG
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my new black baby!!!-raceboyz.jpg  
Old 08-21-2002, 09:28 AM
raceboy
Banned

Well, I have put a 100 miles on the car and I can give you a little more information. I am still pretty excited and even without getting to drive it too hard yet there is still some pretty good info to give. The car is still burning all that new car undercoating off so it stinks, but that isn't going to stop my fun.

OK, the interior fits me like a glove. It is slightly better than my MR2 Spyder and that car was pretty damn good ergonomically. The seats really hold you in place and it was simple to get a good seating position. Personally, I think the interior is pretty nice. Nothing fancy but nothing chintzy either. It will take some getting used to not having a glove box. One complaint; I can't see too far behind the car out the rearview mirror. I am 6'2" tall and the roof blocks my view out the back. I have to duck a bit to get the right angle to look out for any John Q Laws.

Performance: I haven't pushed it too hard yet. I can tell you there is no 4000 RPM rev limit for the first 500 miles like the dealer said. Steering feels bery precise although much heavier than my 2100 lb MR2. The car just seems to stay flat, no dive, squat, or roll under normal driving conditions. The exhaust sounds awesome, but the engine does sound a little agricultural. I think that even if a CAI offers zero performance increase it will be worth it simply for the nice induction growl. There is also no doubt the shifter does vibrate slightly. You can't hear it, but you can feel it.

Looks! What more needs to be said. It's beautiful!! IMHO there is nothing like a black sportscar. Any hint of girliness disappears and the true purpose shows through. The red tail lights look awesome contrasted against the black paint. One problem. I already have condensation inside the headlights. They should be totally sealed shouldn't they? I'll have to see if others have this problem.

My dealer: Team Nissan Oxnard. Totally great. Lee Bowles the salesmanager has been great and kept me totally up to date without me having to prompt him. I brought in my own financing and the process just went fast and smooth. Nearly everyone that worked at the dealership came out to watch me take delivery including the owner, Steve Wallace. I felt like I was getting a Ferrari or some super exotic the way I was treated. Driving it away everyone was trying to get a look. I was getting thumbs up everywhere!! I was scared someone was going to hit me trying to get a look. I took it to my friends work to show him and people were stopping and getting out of their cars just to look at it. Personally I'll be glad when there are more Z's on the road so people aren't so inclined to try to look into mine.

Oh well. It is going to be hard trying to sleep tonight. I also have a lot of business to take care of tomorrow, but then I have 4 days to just break in my baby and get a few coats of wax on her. Further updates to follow. Can't wait to see all of you guys with yours!!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:51 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Steve,

Great writeup. I was looking forward to your impressions. The Super Black really does look tough. Keep the updates coming as you get more time behind the wheel.

The condensation issue is a little disconcerting. Let us know what happens with this. Anyone else with their car have the same issue?

Thanks again,

JD
Old 08-21-2002, 10:00 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Condensation... I have a feeling you won't be the only one.

I feel a recall coming up.

Condensation in headlights plagued Hondas... and you didn't have to be lucky to get it.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:02 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Hey Steve...congrats on your new baby!!

If I had any hair I'd pull it out by the time mine comes...just the thought of waiting till the end of Sept or October is driving me nuts...enjoy
Old 08-21-2002, 10:23 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by djtonium
Condensation... I have a feeling you won't be the only one.

I feel a recall coming up.

Condensation in headlights plagued Hondas... and you didn't have to be lucky to get it.
I sure hope it doesn't become a problem. Water spots on the inside of your headlights can look pretty ugly. I'll wait and see how other people end up fairing.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:38 AM
nizl

If condensation inside the headlamps is as bad as it gets, I will be happy, even if a recall does happen.

I had 5 recalls on my 99 Mercury Cougar, two of which were serious electrical/mechanical issues that required I leave the car there for a week.

I DON'T THINK I'LL BE ABLE TO DEAL WITHOUT MY Z FOR ANOTHER WEEK!

EVER!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2002, 12:06 PM
bayarea-sunset

congrats raceboy the black with rays looks amazing!!!DAMN MY WIFE FOR NOT LETTING ME GET BLACK
Old 08-21-2002, 01:29 PM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

Originally posted by raceboy
.... Personally I'll be glad when there are more Z's on the road so people aren't so inclined to try to look into mine.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing today when I made a quick stop at the local dealer to get another look at the Z. A friend put a hand on the car and I was going to say something. It was like somebody had just touched the Holy Cow and I was just speechless.

raceboy, that picture of you sort of looks like the editor from Import Racer magazine.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:22 PM
RainmanZ

Default Beautiful

Outstanding color. We are all glad for you yet envious as well.

Jealously rules...
Old 08-21-2002, 04:02 PM
Track_350Z

I was getting thumbs up everywhere!! I was scared someone was going to hit me trying to get a look. I took it to my friends work to show him and people were stopping and getting out of their cars just to look at it. Personally I'll be glad when there are more Z's on the road so people aren't so inclined to try to look into mine.
That's my bigist worry. I have NO garage. I'm gonna have to carry a bottle of windex with me just to wipe all the F-ing nose prints off the glass every time I get in my car!
Old 08-21-2002, 05:27 PM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

sweet....
i'm drooling right now...
you lucky bastard,
congraz....
Old 08-21-2002, 06:05 PM
mdouvris

Default Looks Great!

Raceboy looks very happy!!
Old 08-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Zedagive

Raceboy looks very happy!!
Check out that haircut.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 08-21-2002 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:39 PM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

Performance: I haven't pushed it too hard yet. I can tell you there is no 4000 RPM rev limit for the first 500 miles like the dealer said. [/B]
What do you mean by "there is no 4000 RPM rev limit for the first 500 miles"? Did the dealer tell you the car wouldn't let you go over 4000 RPM until the odometer passed 500 miles?

I'm confused but its early for me and I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found your initial thread and see that the dealer did in fact tell you there was a rev limiter. Where did he get that crazy idea from? Silly dealer

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by gibbsy1; 08-21-2002 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:41 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Thumbs up

Good for you R B! Looks awesome! You are a brave soul to get a BLACK car!
Condensation in the headlights is truly disturbing for me, as I have had to have my entire assembly replaced by LEXUS in my GS, (which coincidencely also has HID!) it took a week or so to get them ordered in, but took only an hour to install by the dealer. Surely Nissan did some testing with the HID's with their enclosed headlight setup before releasing it to the public? Question R B, when exactly did you notice this? During the day or at night? And were your XENONS on? And was it relatively warm or some what cool outside?

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 08-21-2002 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:09 PM
fatZo

Default looks nice!

holy smokes! looks awesome! congrats!
(the next 4-8 weeks are going to be soooo painful for me!)

When I got delivery of my bike, there was so much water in the high beam headlight that I could probably keep a few goldfishes there. Apparently, when washing the bike, the idiot at the dealership used too much water pressure and water somehow got into the headlight from behind the boot covering the back of the headlight. I had to drain the water and seal the boot.

Quick Reply: Pics of my new black baby!!!