Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z makes sure I'm broke

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
konaforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better yet, get your girlfriend to wash it. My ex used to wash mine. I think she noticed some neighbors watching her...
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I go to the do it yourself quarter fed places.. for 3 bucks in quarters I can hose it down, foaming brush the entire car and rinse it off and clear coat it. always looks better then coming from a drive through place.

though twice a year it is not a terrible idea to go through a drive through if they have underbody washing and whatnot.. the Z is not an easy car to clean underneath!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by Entaille
foaming brush the entire car

no
Old 09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

hasnt failed me yet, I always check the brush to make sure there is nothing there that will scratch. I have plenty of handwashing stuff that is a lot more gentle, but living in an apartment without easy access to a hose makes it kind of inconvenient
Old 09-08-2008, 10:30 AM
WhiteNoiz

^^I learned my lesson the hard way, luckily I learned it before I got the Z. Nothing touches my paint accept a very gentle mit.

Take a bucket with you to the car wash... something.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 AM
konaforever

I have like $100 dollars in car wash stuff: mitts, shammys, soap, wax...you name it!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Stop looking at nismo parts, waste-o-money and as many have said wash your car by hand
Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
raulzito

Wink

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
do you know them hanging rags that smack the hell out of your paint job how many contaminants are stuck all in there threads from other peoples cars? Like little stones dirt n w/e else??????

Are you serious?

And for a quick date you wash it with a mr clean gun, let dry while u pick out your clothes, run back outside and spray wax it with some mother's detailer, and bam your done!!! shower up get ready n say hello to your date in a shiney car!

Or take it to the car wash so you have some time to you minute man you!

Like I said, i prefer to was the Z myself. Yes, i'm aware that my car can get scratched at the car wash. But...How can you really was a car by spraying mr. clean all over it? To actually wash your car, you have to "WASH" it. Unless you have a professional washing machine that's pushing over 1000 psi, then you are NOT going to effectively do the job (clean the dirst out) by spraying your car. But if you really want to save time, maybe you should use your house's sprinkler system to wash your car. That way, when i'm done you will have enough time to take my load. lol
Old 09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raulzito
Like I said, i prefer to was the Z myself. Yes, i'm aware that my car can get scratched at the car wash. But...How can you really was a car by spraying mr. clean all over it? To actually wash your car, you have to "WASH" it. Unless you have a professional washing machine that's pushing over 1000 psi, then you are NOT going to effectively do the job (clean the dirst out) by spraying your car. But if you really want to save time, maybe you should use your house's sprinkler system to wash your car. That way, when i'm done you will have enough time to take my load. lol

you was your car? What is dirst?

and let me get this straight you want me to wash my own car with my sprinker's so that you can and then give your load to me?

are you serious with that?

well damn, least i know my car will be clean!

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 09-08-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 AM
raulzito

If you didn't understand my humor it wasn't that important. But since you asked about my TYPO's, let me clarify something a 3rd grader could decipher.

Now, I said "[B]i prefer to was the Z myselfB]", it is very clear that this was a TYPO. What was intended to say was "i prefer to wash the Z myself". If you didn't see this, read the context, we were talking about washing our cars. Could you really not see this?

Anyways I also mispelled dirt and accidentally typed dirst. Wow, read the context again.

Save you some time to look it up
context: the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect
-dictionary.com
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lmao

Sorry but seriously there are way to many English teachers here!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raulzito
If you didn't understand my humor it wasn't that important. But since you asked about my TYPO's, let me clarify something a 3rd grader could decipher.

Now, I said "[B]i prefer to was the Z myselfB]", it is very clear that this was a TYPO. What was intended to say was "i prefer to wash the Z myself". If you didn't see this, read the context, we were talking about washing our cars. Could you really not see this?

Anyways I also mispelled dirt and accidentally typed dirst. Wow, read the context again.

Save you some time to look it up
context: the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect
-dictionary.com

no need to get all bent over it man. I've got common sense enough to understand a typo, twas a joke.
my main concern was that sexually harassing comment at the end!

"That way, when i'm done you will have enough time to take my load. lol"[/COLOR]

It's hopeless to argue in someone else thread over a joke, but...

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 09-09-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Trackdays, tires and brake pads make me broke. I think i have a problem, maybe some wed night group therapy will help. Doubt it, they all go to the track with me.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:10 AM
KandJ350

I hear all of you about +1 on washing your own car, but if you live in the south like Georgia, like I do you can't wash your own car because of a little thing we call a drought. And trust me I would rather wash my car than have anyone else wash my car. I also like to take pride in my car as well.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Slow*Jim

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Trackdays, tires and brake pads make me broke. I think i have a problem, maybe some wed night group therapy will help. Doubt it, they all go to the track with me.

+1 on that. No point washing it if you're going to get crap all over the front end at the track next weekend anyways!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
YOGURT!

welcome to the club man.. thats what an addiction to cars will do..