Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everybodys bitchin about visibility!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 08:01 PM
LowFuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Umm.. well, although it is a common "feature" of sports cars, it's still a valid point they are making. I dont think we should limit peoples observations to only performance related thing just because it's a sports car. I want to know everything!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:08 PM
dvlad

Default Re: Everybodys bitchin about visibility!!!!!!

Originally posted by lazarus
Brickyard 350Zaniac
Hey everybody you guys are all complainin about the visibility. Have you guys ever owned sports cars!!! I here people with audi's and mercedes talkin! I've owned trans ams, eclipses, porches etc. VISIBILITY is always restricted these cars have low wheel bases and low drag cooeficents {.29} if the windows/ slash pillars were altered so will the performance and thats why we all bought the Z right? So anybody who doesnt understand that should give there Z to a true Sports Car Enthusiast!!

wo wo wo....hold on for a sec. Just because someone highlights a weak spot doesn't mean that they aren'ta lover of the 350Z. Have ever bought or drove a car which your not accustomed to? You can only compare it to the previous car. And you also find things which seem odd, or out of place.

yes, there is little rearward visibilty. But after many days of driving, it will go away. REMEBER...it takes time to be accustomed to a car.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:54 PM
pluckyduck

I currently own a 2000 Eclipse and it has the same issues. The top of the door is slightly above your shoulder, so it feels odd. And the visibility is limited due to the small, sloped rear window and large pillars. This is just what you get with hatchback sports cars. Trust me, you will get used to it in no time.

-Plucky
Old 08-21-2002, 09:11 PM
rai

I bought a Z3 based on drop top test drive. Well a lot of the time is spent with top up. Rear visibility with top up is not good at all, but I never held that against the Z3. The fact is there are mirrors on the car. Also a lot of people drive trucks or pannel vans with no rear view mirror and the world keeps on rolling.

Bottom line if you are going to complain about rear visibility or glove box location, than you are just looking for an excuse if you ask me.

Old 08-21-2002, 10:48 PM
vanstorm16

Having not sat in a Z yet, I'm really looking forward to checking all this stuff out. I'm actually developing a list on what to look for like roofline visibility and the height of the doors and what not. Not cause I think its going to be a deal breaker to me, just for interests sake and see what I think of it compared to others. (its going to have to be really bad for me not to take delivery!)

I guess its all a matter of preference eh?
Old 08-21-2002, 11:12 PM
LA-Z

Dudes, I have been driving an 88 Iroc with NO rear visibility (lack of rear view mirror) FOR TWO FREAKING YEARS. So any rear visibility, tiny slit or not, is more then welcome. One of the guys who didn't buy the car, and complained about it, was paying 37K! (almost 10K more then my ride for basically the same car) which I think is the real reason he backed down. Anyway that is all fine as it will mean More cars for people that really want them, dealers boosting the inital price, which will, for a short time, increase the value of our cars seeing how most are paying MSRP or below, and make the car a little more exclusive, with most canceled pre-orders going for K's over MSRP
Old 08-22-2002, 01:04 AM
socos

I got to sit in a 350Z today for a few minutes. I own a Z32 and it didn't seem that much different. I'm only about 5'7 too. The only thing I'd be a little concerned with is the side quarter windows. On the Z32 I always check those quickly before changing lanes. On the 350Z there is barely any actual window there to see out of. From the outside, they look decent sized, but they're not.

As for seeing out of the back, I guess you just get used to it. I never had a problem with that in my Z. You see everything you need to see. I had also read about the high beltline of the windows. And sure enough it is higher than the Z32. But I think people overexaggerated about it. I think someone once posted that anyone below 6ft tall would have to "dislocate your shoulder" to rest your elbow there. Well, my shoulder is still intact and I rested my elbow up there. Sure it wasn't that comfortable to do as on the Z32, but it's not like it's torture or anything.

So I just say "DEAL WITH IT". You'll get used to it. I think the people that complain have been driving SUVs too long. :-) :-)
Old 08-22-2002, 01:10 AM
rai

what's the big deal about $37K anyway? I mean is this news to the guy? He could have ordered the base with no options just like everyone else. Now his car comes and he goes "gee I wish it were $27K instead if $37K" Doh
Old 08-22-2002, 04:09 AM
westpak
SFZCC

With the poor visibility, does that mean that my 5' 0" son wont be able to be a pimp and be seen in the car by his buddies? He is going to make me get up in the morning to take him to school once the Z gets here.

Quick Reply: Everybodys bitchin about visibility!!!!!!