Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The perfect Z morning!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 05:45 AM
SteveZzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile The perfect Z morning!!

One of the advantages of owning my own business and working from home it the freedom it affords me.

This morning, I got up and went outside at about 6:30 to get the paper. I noticed that is was a particularily clear morning, about 70 degrees and low humidity. Hmmmm, I thought. It's the perfect morning for a relaxing Z run.

I spent about 45 minutes just tooling around on some back roads putting the Z through a nice country drive. Then I stopped at a local Starbucks, and spent another 15 minutes or so driving down one of the main roads, just smiling as I watched everyone else stressing out in their cars as the rushed into the office.

I came home, washed the car and gave it another coat of CrystalGuard Quick and put it in the garage. Now I've spent some time on the forum to complete my Z morning. I've made the long "commute" to my home office and I'm ready to start my day by 9:45am.

Ahhh, the perfect Z morning.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:23 AM
wren57
Banned

Heh, sounds nice. I live maybe 2 miles from my office, in the middle of the city, so don't really get to enjoy it like you. Oh well, this morning I pulled a huge powerslide turning right through a yield thingy in a major intersection (my light was green, no worries). It was fun .
Old 08-06-2003, 07:46 AM
marhot

Default Oh shut up...

You make me sick!

Have you no compassion for your fellow Z brothers? Here I am, cubicle bound, reading about your great day, slaving away at work. The only pleasure I get at work is reading this forum. And now I read about your fun day. My poor babe is sitting at home in the garage until this evening.

Arrrrgh!

Peace
Old 08-06-2003, 07:49 AM
marhot

Default PS....

I love driving on Virginia's back roads!

A beautiful state, almost as beautiful as North Carolina!

Peace
Old 08-06-2003, 11:09 AM
drew703

Talking

Now THATS how every Z owner's morning should be..lol
Great story, I could just picture the whole thing! I really cant complain too much, cause my job is only about a 5 min. drive from my home. The only thing is, I don't get to drive my baby ENOUGH during the commute to and from work! So a lot of times, I'll just wake up early enough (I normally wake up about an hour before work since I live so close), so that I can get ready, eat, then drive around the area for a good 20-30 min. Then it's off to work, counting down the hours until I can drive her again...the very long, and very slow hours

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 08-06-2003, 11:24 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by drew703
I'll just wake up early enough (I normally wake up about an hour before work since I live so close), so that I can get ready, eat, then drive around the area for a good 20-30 min.
I wake-up early too, but I do it so that I get the good (safer) parking.