Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dash Board question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 06:33 AM
tbcz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrianZ
Uh, feed them? What? You have to do that too?
Animals are more trouble than they're worth. Next you'll be tellin' me my Dobie needs dog-crunchies too....
Duhhh...of course you have to feed them. I agree it's not easy. They always give me dirty looks whenever I walk into Friday's with my cat. So we eat more often than not at home now.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:08 AM
irishfan

Originally posted by JmanZ

At 12:00 noon, I am going to watch my Detroit Red Wings disassemble the Colorado Avalanche and take a 3-1 lead in the series leading to Lord Stanley's Cup.

I talk big, but truth is Colorado is the only team I think is capable of stopping the Wings this year.... so it's still anyone's series.

That didn't work out quite you like you planned, eh?

Go Avs! (The winner of this series shouldn't even be required to play the finals - just give them the cup!)
Old 05-26-2002, 07:32 AM
john0213

hey John... rumor has it I found your home page.... is this you?
which john
did u mention me?
Old 05-26-2002, 07:15 PM
irishfan

As a diehard Black Hawk fan, I have a hard time cheering for the Red Wings, but they are clearly the class of the league again this year. It really wouldn't hurt me too bad to see them take it all.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:07 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

That will be a big project. Why may I ask are you doing that? I can see doing it with a big SUV where it's tough to see behind you but with the Z?
Old 05-27-2002, 01:45 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

If I hadn't ordered the DVD Navigational system.... I know EXACTLY what I'd have had put in it's place....

(kidding of course, but it would have been funny)

-j-
Jay,

I don't think the XBOX will fit, it is TOO big and bulky. You'll need a SUV or Minivan trunk for that. MS knows software, but not hardware. Let's try PS2 or Gamecube.
Old 05-27-2002, 03:17 AM
john0213

Oh come on Touring, haha, you don't *really* want to start talking XBox against PS2 or Game Cube do ya? XBox is far and away more advanced a mazhine that both the PS2 and Game Cube. Don't take my word for it though... check pretty much any game magazine or game site online. PS2 does have a better game selection... but that'll change in time.

(almost all big titles that are PS2 are also Xbox or Xbox bound with the excpetion of the best driving game ever, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec and then Grand Theft Auto III. Other than those two... I can't think of a PS2 game that isn't coming for the Xbox. Although, I can think of plenty of kick *** Xbox games that will never be on the PS2. Game of the year last year, Halo is one for sure.

Just think though... *if* it were possiblt to work the Xbox into your dash... you'd have a hard drive in there so you could rip mp3's to your car. Whoa, that'd be cool.

Not sure if you knew that Touring.... the Xbox can rip mp3 files and store them on the hard drive so next time you're playing a video game, you can listen to your mp3s insted of the cd music on the game. It'll still pull the sound effects and voices off the game though, just it'll access the music from the hard drive's mp3s. Still want to talk about how superior the PS2 is?

haha... I'm just giving ya a hard time.... I know you weren't serious.

<b>I can't wait until Sony and Microsoft merge</b>.... haha, laugh now but inside 10 years... watch. Major companies merge or one absorbs the other. Even though these two really have little in common other than game machines. Ten years ago Time Magazine and Warner Bros. wouldn't have merged.... different companies and nothing in common yet today, they're Time Warner. Then five years ago, AOL and Time Warner wouldn't have thought about merging... today... they're one in the same. Compaq and HP.... dang, the list goes on and on and on.

I honestly think Microsoft and Sony will eventually do the dance. Maybe I'm crazy.

wait... I am crazy. haha

-j-
-j-

what's the purpose of merge if they both have a pretty high year earning rate? the biggest part on sony's salary is the home TV technology and entertainment technology which Microsoft is on software, aren't company merge because they run out of money?
Old 05-27-2002, 03:42 AM
tbcz

Default Jman...

MICROSOFT SUCKS!!!

Ummm...sorry, that just slipped out. To get back to the topic, I don't see where the fact that the Xbox is technically superior has much to do with it. The developers are having enough trouble keeping up with the hardware as it is...they can't utilize all the processing power available in the PS2, let alone the XBox. Well, most of them anyway.

IMO, the far most important aspect of a gaming system's success is software. History has proven this fact time and time again. How many technologically superior systems have bitten the dust over the last ten or fifteen years simply due to lack of software? And Sony has it all over MS right now. Yes, many PS2 games will come out eventually on the XBox, but by then much of the damage has been done. Out of the current top ten-selling games across all consoles now, the Xbox has one...and it's number NINE on the list. And it ISN'T Halo. Why? Because the few people who have Xboxes already bought it! No, the hottest ticket on the XBox right now is Rallisport Challenge. Huh? Maybe a great game, but hardly on the same level as GTA3 or GT3 A-Spec. Note: PS2 has 6 of the top ten. Oh, and you forgot perhaps the biggest PS2 franchise...Tomb Raider.

BTW, how much is Bill paying you?

P.S. Where's that Microsoft worshipper Mez so he can lay into me after this post?

Last edited by tbcz; 05-27-2002 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Oh come on Touring, haha, you don't *really* want to start talking XBox against PS2 or Game Cube do ya? XBox is far and away more advanced a mazhine that both the PS2 and Game Cube. Don't take my word for it though... check pretty much any game magazine or game site online. PS2 does have a better game selection... but that'll change in time.

-j-
-j-
Well Jay, if you put the generic word "Game Console" in the picture in place of XBOX, we would all think you're a genius. I think it is a great idea. I know your good intention, but promoting anything MS in a neutral ground, even non-intentional will touch a lot of nerve beyond the subject of game console. See, you already got Tim going. Did you follow the government anti-trust suit?

I work for a computer hardware/software company, and everyone in the computer industry know MS marketing tactic prowess vs. technical prowess. Watch your forum here, if in the near future it become one the the most popular site, then MSN will start one of the same and put you out of business. MS and Sony will never merge, MS doesn't know how to spell that word, they only know how to put others out of business. OK, enough MS stuff, it is wasting enough of your server storage space.

Look like you know the latest of game console more than I do, so I have to yield on this one. Well, let's talk computer hardware/software technology then, since you're also in this business. We can refocus this thread to Z entertainment. The hardware in the game console in general is similar to a computer (microprocessor, memory, I/O, etc.), with the exception of mass storage. So, by adding a hard drive, a game console become a computer. The idea of mp3 music is originated somewhere else. This is just another application of existing technology (hard drive + mp3) in a game console. Sony and Nintendo also talk about making their game console an Internet access device to bypass the need for a PC and Window. Putting mp3 capability in a car is great, but putting hard drive in a car is NOT. Current hard drive technology is susceptible to head crash with vibration or impact, so it is not suitable for a Z.

Look like what we need is a multipurpose in dash computer with DVD based storage and software (6 disc changer may be). It has the capability to play game, DVD movie, mp3 music, navigation, access Internet to check my350z forum. OK, what's else you guys think we should throw in there.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:59 AM
john0213

Default Re: Jman...

Originally posted by tbcz
MICROSOFT SUCKS!!!

Ummm...sorry, that just slipped out. To get back to the topic, I don't see where the fact that the Xbox is technically superior has much to do with it. The developers are having enough trouble keeping up with the hardware as it is...they can't utilize all the processing power available in the PS2, let alone the XBox. Well, most of them anyway.

IMO, the far most important aspect of a gaming system's success is software. History has proven this fact time and time again. How many technologically superior systems have bitten the dust over the last ten or fifteen years simply due to lack of software? And Sony has it all over MS right now. Yes, many PS2 games will come out eventually on the XBox, but by then much of the damage has been done. Out of the current top ten-selling games across all consoles now, the Xbox has one...and it's number NINE on the list. And it ISN'T Halo. Why? Because the few people who have Xboxes already bought it! No, the hottest ticket on the XBox right now is Rallisport Challenge. Huh? Maybe a great game, but hardly on the same level as GTA3 or GT3 A-Spec. Note: PS2 has 6 of the top ten. Oh, and you forgot perhaps the biggest PS2 franchise...Tomb Raider.

BTW, how much is Bill paying you?

P.S. Where's that Microsoft worshipper Mez so he can lay into me after this post?

and don't forget sony has the ultimate action game, the Metal Gear Solid 2 and ultimate RPG, Final Fantasy series, then the Tomb Raider, all the game company and and hardware company in Japan is supporting sony like konami, capcon, etc...
Old 05-28-2002, 03:31 AM
knihc2008

aaaah! don't dis the moderator! i'm not going there. i'll just say that ps2 is superior. to everything. period.

but i don't think it'll be too hard to put a tv monitor in that space and hook it up to a ps2 in the back.
Old 05-28-2002, 04:18 AM
tbcz

Originally posted by knihc2008
aaaah! don't dis the moderator! i'm not going there.
Awww, c'mon...we have to dis on the moderator. Ask his wife, his head's so big already he can barely fit through the door!

C'mon everyone! Dog pile on Jman!!!!
Old 05-28-2002, 05:29 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Awww, c'mon...we have to dis on the moderator. Ask his wife, his head's so big already he can barely fit through the door!

Well Tim, look like we are on the same side (non-MS), so do several other members that don't buy Jay's argument that XBOX and its games are better.

OH, OH! Jay, nobody jump on your side so far. Hmmm, wonder why. Look like you have to recruit some in-state neighbor in Redmond to help bail you out here. BTW, MS did try to put AOL and Quicken out of business several years ago. There are some exceptions. Sony do have a deep pocket. Also, MS is loosing money with every XBOX sold, whereas Sony is making money with PS2.

OK, Sony, Sony, Sony. Let's discuss a Sony entertainment system in the dashboard.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:04 AM
tbcz

Default Sony rocks....

I have to be the world's biggest Sony fan...my Sony gear:
(1) 35" TV
(1) 27" TV
(1) 17" Monitor
(1) 110 Wpc A/V receiver
(2) DVD players
(2) CD players
(1) VHS player
(1) Playstation2
(2) Playstations
(3) 900 MHz cordless phones
(1) Call waiting display unit
(1) Digital answering machine
(1) Programmable universal remote

I'm sure I forgot some stuff, but I think you get the point...
Old 05-28-2002, 08:11 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

I have to be the world's biggest Sony fan...my Sony gear:
(1) 35" TV
(1) 27" TV
(1) 17" Monitor
(1) 110 Wpc A/V receiver
(2) DVD players
(2) CD players
(1) VHS player
(1) Playstation2
(2) Playstations
(3) 900 MHz cordless phones
(1) Call waiting display unit
(1) Digital answering machine
(1) Programmable universal remote

I'm sure I forgot some stuff, but I think you get the point...
Wow! I thought I have a lot of Sony in my house but wasn't that fanatic. I do own some other brands. However, I do have a Sony car stereo with a 6 disc CD changer, which you didn't mention. I hope the Z isn't replacing your Sony car, isn't it, Tim?

Here is my thought about replacing Jay's XBOX in the dash board. Since Sony already make car sound system, it is a natural extension to add an LCD display unit, a DVD changer and a processing unit (PS2 extention) that can play game, mp3/CD/DVD music, DVD video, process satellite digital TV and XM radio signal, a cell phone, internet wireless access, ...

Hmmm, have I cover every Sony stuff you got, Tim? Let see MS and the XBOX can match that.

Jay, would you please update the dashboard picture you got. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:25 AM
john0213

roflmao~