2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So I went to a Nissan Dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:05 PM
OUCH
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I went to a Nissan Dealer...

Are So Cal Nissan Dealers always these rude and so unwilling to help?

I went to Universal City Nissan, to look at the 350z and they said for me to test drive one, I need a 5,000 deposit and pass a Credit Loan..

And not only that when I asked for information about the availability of 2004 350z and the difference between them and the older 2003, this is what I got “…with the 2003 you the customers were used by Nissan as a test bed to find anything wrong with the car, there were some problem but some of the kinks were worked on with the new 2004.” and when I asked if they do In House Financing this is what they told me... “You can lease, lease to buy, get a bank to give you a check, get your boyfriend (gave my brother and I a weird look) or your girlfriend, you mom, your aunt, your grandmother to buy you a car, we don’t really care as long as you buy a car."

I've never been treated so badly, and I'm not a punk *** kid wanting a joyride I'm 24 for God's sake and I WAS a serious potential buyer... Who's willing to trade in his Honda Prelude and put a down of upto 10k...

Hah and what sucks the most is the Sales Manager, not the Sales person but the Sales Manager, who while I was talking to answered a phone call, talked to a co-worker without even excusing himself, which I thought was very unprofessional… He did all these like me and my brother were never there.. He never introduced himself that’s why I don’t know his name, not once did he looked at me while we were talking, he rushed thru the conversation, and seemed disinterested with my business, that or he didn’t take me seriously. Just very unprofessional and something I wasn’t expecting from the #1 Dealer in the USA.

Last edited by OUCH; 08-08-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:24 PM
RitchieZ

I got mine 8-2-03 and I made the dealer here in south Fla.take my $hit for 9 hours until I felt ok with the deal.I left the dealer at 12.15 a.m.Also told him the only way I would finance was through nissan credit.I think it would be funner to go to the Dentist to get my teeth pulled. all of them. My advise if you have 10grand like you said get yhe deal you feel good with I had 16g's down.I was happy with my deal considering this is south fla.where the attitude at every dealer is if you want it its going 4 msrp for both the G35 and the Z and if not someone will be in later who will. GOOD LUCK DUDE
Old 08-08-2003, 11:26 PM
RitchieZ

Also dont lease or lease to buy the residule on this car is going to suck.Because of the little drop on msrp. this is not the car to lease.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:32 PM
OUCH
Banned

Were u able to test drive it before hand?
Old 08-08-2003, 11:39 PM
KONVERTER

hey!!!

hit me up djkonverter@aol.com the dealer near me is very cool... ive become friends with the guys there...

they have a bunch of z's in stock INCLUDING THE CONVERTIBLE!!!

they will let you test drive no biggie at all!!

The day i bought my z i stumbled in there on no sleep after gambling in vegas for 2 nights straight... and they let me test drive just giving them my licence...

they are good people...

i can meet up with you and go any time if you want... ill introduce you around... im home with a bad neck from my recent rear end accident...

cheers

Jason
Old 08-08-2003, 11:46 PM
RitchieZ

They let me test drive it.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:50 PM
neur0sis

You coming over from PO.com, Ouch?

I worked a deal with my local "Internet/Fleet sales manager" before I even test drove one. Told them (via email) that I didn't want to waste their time, and if they could get me around the price I was looking that I'd "think about taking one of theirs for a test drive"... I put the ball in their court. If they wanted my business.

The internet guys are usually a lot better about dealing, and don't try and mark up as much as floor salesmen. Might be wise to check the internet for your top 3 closest dealers and see if you can contact via email first. Once they know you might be serious about a car, then tell them you want to come drive one.

Might work out... worked for me!
Old 08-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Subbacultcha

heh, if you read the edmunds long term road test article, they also had a very rude experience with the same dealership.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:24 AM
RedComet

I was asked if I wanted to test drive the G35C and the Z by the dealers. I didn't even have a license at the time, I only had my permit! Try out a different dealer...
Old 08-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Buub

My dealer was also great to work with. I also made first contact with the Internet/Fleet Sales guy. This was almost a year ago, of course, but I think things would have only been worse then, since they had long waiting lines and really didn't need my business.

If you're treated like that, walk out and find another dealer. Of course make sure they know you are walking out, and why. :-)
Old 08-09-2003, 10:59 AM
OUCH
Banned

Oh man why cant we have decent dealers here in LA...
Old 08-09-2003, 11:04 AM
KONVERTER

drive up here mang....
Old 08-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Sosa

Try the dealership in Oceanside... They mark the prices DOWN $700 on their website and I've heard that they are a good dealership to go to. Also, if you wanna take a stroll down to the central coast, you can go to Coast Nissan/BMW (where I bought my car), and they'll give you the car @ MSRP, but it's nearly impossible to deal with them (I got $500 off because we are good friends with the service manager). The guys at U.C. Nissan seemed like a-holes on the phone, and if they treat ya like crap, let them lose a few thousand dollars! Good luck... as soon as you drive one you'll "need" it like most of us here.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:18 PM
topdaytrader

Try Superior Nissan. When I check out the Z there, the sales person force me to test drive the car.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by OUCH
Oh man why cant we have decent dealers here in LA...

Give me a call Monday!! I've gotten some great deals for a couple people through this Forum. I'm not too far from you. Ask for me in the Parts Dept.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Riceboy369

Default I had the same experience...

I live in South florida, and when i was shopping around for my 350Z, one of the dealers i went to was given the "Award of Excellence". For some reason, i feel that these dealerships that are given these awards think they're better than everyone else, and will treat their customers like crap... I had the same deal you got... had to sign papers, and put a desposit just to test drive it!.. where as other dealers are more then willing to hand you the keys...

It really is messed up how they would treat customers in such a unprofessional & rude mannar.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:30 PM
wld350z

Damn those are some bad stories I bought mine at cerritos nissan
i was in ther for 30 mins and got a test drive to the gas station where they filled the tank
got a good price too
Old 08-09-2003, 08:40 PM
kozik

hm//well..when I was car shopping I test drove z's twice at 2 different places and corvettes twice...all they ever asked for was the license...and I looked all scroungy in just a tshirt etc...
Old 08-10-2003, 07:43 AM
stevew

I would also recommend Mossy Nissan in Oceanside. That's where I bought mine. They were very good to deal with.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:23 PM
time4aspliff

I have also heard good things about Superior Nissan.

Also watch out for Cerritos Nissan!!!! I would avoid them like the black plague. In my opinion they're just as bad as Universal. There's another post in this thread that's related to Cerritos Nissan that seemed favorable. I don't know what's up with that. Maybe that person was lucky enough to find an honest salesperson but I my best friend got screwed HARD by the Fleet Manager. They ended up taking him for about 5 grand. I was with him when the Fleet Manager promised not a penny over MSRP (what a F*****g liar)...They'll treat you nicely (let you test drive, etc) but when all is said and done, they'll try to wring as much cash out of your savings account as humanly possible. And they're VERY sneaky at doing so. Please hold on to your hard earned wages and take the time to find an honest salesperson/dealership. Avoid Cerritos Nissan!!!!!!!! My friend learned a valuable life lesson but he payed dearly...

Good luck everybody!!!!!!