Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I hate know-it-alls!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 04:57 PM
haanz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hate know-it-alls!

Okay, so I go to Rita's Water Ice this evening for a little treat. I pull in in the Z and I park in a far corner. While I am waiting in line I had this conversation with this idiot:

Guy: Do all the 350z's have those brushed aluminium handles?

Me: Yip. They all look pretty much the same from the outside.

Guy: You should have gotten the G35c, 50 more hp!

Me: *girlfriend afraid I am gonna jump on him* No, I think it actually has about 7 hp less. (Meanwhile I am trying to be nice)

Guy: Well, it's an Infiniti, so they will put more hp in that one. But it's only if you get the bigger engine.

Me in my head: What! You idiot! Bigger engine!!!! Now I know you have no clue what you're talking about!

Me: Okay, if you say so.

Guy: Yeah, I know this guy with the G35 sedan and he got the brake package. I think they're yellow, and even the rotors are yellow. He said it has 300 hp.

Me in myhead: Okay, you can shut up now, you have no clue.

Me: Yip they're good cars.

At the end of it my g/f was proud that I didn't lose my temper. Can you believe some people though!
Old 08-10-2003, 05:00 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they like to think they have a clue, on other forums people ask about the Z, and people are like, no no, dont get it, there will be a turbo next year. ummm sure there will.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:00 PM
350zroadster

whaddayamean? There is going to be a twin turbo next year, along with a drift package.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:23 PM
drew703

Default lol

Haha, good job on keeping your cool. Although it hasn't happened to me and my Z (yet)...I have witnessed it happened first hand to other friends, and i guess they didnt keep as cool a head as you did! I'm sure it would have been worse if that guy was talking about HIS car, and how HIS car could beat yours! I know you would have gone nuts probly lol

dont let it bother too much though, unfortunately there will always be a HUGE number of people like that...they'll never go away It's best to just smile and nod calmly even though it would be nice to sometimes

besides, you're the one with a beautiful Z....dont let him take away from joy

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 08-10-2003, 08:01 PM
bshockley

Default Re: I hate know-it-alls!

Originally posted by haanz
Okay, so I go to Rita's Water Ice this evening for a little treat. I pull in in the Z and I park in a far corner. While I am waiting in line I had this conversation with this idiot:

Guy: Do all the 350z's have those brushed aluminium handles?

Me: Yip. They all look pretty much the same from the outside.

Guy: You should have gotten the G35c, 50 more hp!

Me: *girlfriend afraid I am gonna jump on him* No, I think it actually has about 7 hp less. (Meanwhile I am trying to be nice)

Guy: Well, it's an Infiniti, so they will put more hp in that one. But it's only if you get the bigger engine.

Me in my head: What! You idiot! Bigger engine!!!! Now I know you have no clue what you're talking about!

Me: Okay, if you say so.

Guy: Yeah, I know this guy with the G35 sedan and he got the brake package. I think they're yellow, and even the rotors are yellow. He said it has 300 hp.

Me in myhead: Okay, you can shut up now, you have no clue.

Me: Yip they're good cars.

At the end of it my g/f was proud that I didn't lose my temper. Can you believe some people though!
After I get my Z, I might just carry around pamphlets for it, as well as other cars. That way I don't have to argue, I can just give them a pamphlet and be on my way.

Other option is to act completely indifferent, almost stupid. Answer something like, "hehe, i like cars." Just keep repeating that no matter what they say.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:06 AM
drew703

Default Re: Re: I hate know-it-alls!

Originally posted by bshockley
Other option is to act completely indifferent, almost stupid. Answer something like, "hehe, i like cars." Just keep repeating that no matter what they say.

Hahaha!
I dont think I could do that, simply because I'd probly start laughing half way through it! That would hilarious if that actually happened... lol

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 08-11-2003, 05:46 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Oh man. I'm impressed you kept your cool. I doubt that I could have. But hey, I bet the spectators would have gotten a kick out of a tiny girl beating up a full grown man. LOL

I've been told some pretty stupid "facts," and most of the time, I just look at them like they're idiots. I don't have a problem if they just don't know and are asking questions--that's fine. But what irritates me is when people tell ME that they're waiting for the TT that's coming on the 04 models.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:56 AM
WashUJon

G35 Sedan with "brake package" = rusted rotors and stolen Brembo calipers
Old 08-11-2003, 05:26 PM
gooters

Default gj Haanz!

I could have never pulled that off. There is this kid (26) in my office who is a total know-it-all $**thead...noone likes him. He always has to be "one up" on everyone. Well, I cant stand his bs lies, so I always put him in his place.

One time he csaid almost the EXACT same thing to me because "hes gonna buy his gf a G35". So...I had to beat him down every time some diarreah started pouring outta his mouth. Now he never comes over to my area of the office, lol!
Old 08-12-2003, 05:36 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I get the worse kind of talk....

Girl: Your car is cute!

Me: [rolls eyes](uhhhhhhhh.......... NO! It's bad a$$!)

lol, girls and their cuteness labelizing...
Old 08-12-2003, 06:42 PM
mb27

I've hear a lot of " I'm waiting for the Twin turbo model" And "Why didn't you get the Twin Turbo option". I've also had a few younger guys bullsh**ing me saying " I know a guy that modded his with (fill in the blank) and has 650hp that could blow your car away".