Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

anyone ride with kid in the z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 PM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived with a friend, and would occasionally look after her 3-year-old daughter. I'd put her in the Z, in her car seat, and take her with me, while I'm out running errands. Just drive extra carefully, as mentioned, make sure the seat is secured correctly, and you're fine.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 PM
ladyzed

Ok, thanks.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 PM
350Zin'L.A.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havnt ben able to take my lil sister for a ride, but earlier today she took me for a ride.. shes a lil krazy behind the wheel,, she starts makin car sounds while shes steering.. i donk know ut it is.. it might be the greatness of the Z or it might b because she 4.. idk?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:33 PM
carfi179

I've done it a few times with my 5yr. old son on his booster seat, I drive really careful. He begs me everytime to floor it so he can here the boost, lol. Obviously I dont. Just push the seat all the way back and turn off the airbag if you can.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's illegal here to have a child in the front seat who is under 8 years old. The law even stipulates that is true for 2-seaters. Guess I can't legally advise you to allow your kid in the car at all....

Good thing my wife has an Accord...
Old 10-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Kanuck-Z

Default Hockey all the time.

I take my 5 year old son to Hockey every Saturday - he loves it.

My wife and I went for our first parent teacher last night and outside the class in the hallway they had the children's art work of what they were thankful for, things like my family, my friends, my toys were common, not for my son, his sign said daddy's race car.....I'm so proud!
Old 10-17-2008, 04:36 PM
40ozfreedom

As long as you don't drive like a lunatic, I don't see why having your little boy in the car would be a problem. Just make sure he is buckled up safe!
I'm not old enough to have kids, but my 6 year old brother loves riding with me in the Z and I make sure he is all strapped in and I drive safe.
My mom had 3 300ZX's when I was a baby up until I guess I was 5, and we commuted every single day to her work/my daycare, which was an hour away on a good day and there was never a problem. I just chilled in my car seat right next to her!
Old 10-18-2008, 04:25 PM
gmic350z

i dont remember where i saw it but either the sun visor or manual says anyone under age of 10 or something like that should not be in the car.i dont know,maybe bags will rip off their heads or something?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zin'L.A.
i havnt ben able to take my lil sister for a ride, but earlier today she took me for a ride.. shes a lil krazy behind the wheel,, she starts makin car sounds while shes steering.. i donk know ut it is.. it might be the greatness of the Z or it might b because she 4.. idk?
Wat?
Old 10-18-2008, 06:18 PM
limochad
Banned

Originally Posted by gmic350z
i dont remember where i saw it but either the sun visor or manual says anyone under age of 10 or something like that should not be in the car.i dont know,maybe bags will rip off their heads or something?
I don't know about your car but mine has the sensor in the seat that shuts the air bag off.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 PM
tanabe350z

if you drive safe and pay extra attention to the road then you will be fine i personally drive my best friends sister around shes 6 and loves my Z. just be extra carefull and use your head and you will be ok

hope that helps
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i just wear soft silk undies...and my kids are fine!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:30 AM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by 350Zin'L.A.

puff.. puff.. pass man!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Jgrizzle

Isnt there a seat anchor in the trunk. Seriously I found it the other day. I had no clue why there was a child seat anchor in the trunk.... I could be wrong.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:04 AM
matix101vz

i drive with my little brother and he thinks its the coolest thing
Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 AM
matix101vz

you are right, there is a seat anchor
Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 AM
RN7676

ok, how about an informative response....... I know! Unheard of!

Driving safe isn't the answer. They call them "accidents" for a reason. Nobody plans on getting in one. Although most crashed Zs described on this forum are single vehicle crashes where unsafe driving was clearly the cause, occasionally Zs get into multi-vehicle crashes that are not the fault of the driver and certainly not the fault of a child passenger.

2003 - 2006 350Zs do not have a system to disable passenger airbags, although an on/off switch is supposedly available. It sounds like '350ZCatfish' may have done it as described in a prior post.
From the owners manual: Your vehicle is equipped with a supplemental front impact air bag system for the front passenger. Therefore, children 12 or under should not ride in this vehicle without installing an air bag ON/OFF switch.
Letting a child ride in a <=2006 Z is a judgement call. If you do, they should be in a child seat or booster seat, properly belted and anchored, with the seat pushed all the way back. If they are properly restrained with the seat all they way back, the front airbag probably wont even touch them when fully inflated (unless the cabin collapses from a severe impact). Side airbags are a differant story. For starters, kids (and adults) should sit up straight and not lean against the door.

2007+ 350Zs include a system to automatically disable the passenger airbags.
From the owners manual: The front passenger air bag is designed to automatically turn OFF when the vehicle is operated under some conditions...The front passenger air bag status light is located on the overhead console.
Occupant Classification System (OCS) NHS000A1
The occupant classification system identifies different size occupants, out of position occupants, and detects if child seat is present in the front passenger seat. The occupant classification system receives inputs from the occupant classification sensor (located inside the passenger seat cushion assembly) and belt tension sensor (part of the passenger front seat belt assembly and located at the belt anchor location). Depending on classification of passenger, the occupant classification system sends a signal to the diagnosis sensor unit. The diagnosis sensor unit uses this signal to determine full, partial, or non deployment of passenger front air bag in the event of a collision. Depending on the signal received, the diagnosis sensor unit can disable the passenger front air bag completely.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:34 AM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get G37 instead..
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by RN7676
ok, how about an informative response....... I know! Unheard of!

Driving safe isn't the answer. They call them "accidents" for a reason. Nobody plans on getting in one. Although most crashed Zs described on this forum are single vehicle crashes where unsafe driving was clearly the cause, occasionally Zs get into multi-vehicle crashes that are not the fault of the driver and certainly not the fault of a child passenger.

2003 - 2006 350Zs do not have a system to disable passenger airbags, although an on/off switch is supposedly available. It sounds like '350ZCatfish' may have done it as described in a prior post.
From the owners manual: Your vehicle is equipped with a supplemental front impact air bag system for the front passenger. Therefore, children 12 or under should not ride in this vehicle without installing an air bag ON/OFF switch.
Letting a child ride in a <=2006 Z is a judgement call. If you do, they should be in a child seat or booster seat, properly belted and anchored, with the seat pushed all the way back. If they are properly restrained with the seat all they way back, the front airbag probably wont even touch them when fully inflated (unless the cabin collapses from a severe impact). Side airbags are a differant story. For starters, kids (and adults) should sit up straight and not lean against the door.

2007+ 350Zs include a system to automatically disable the passenger airbags.
From the owners manual: The front passenger air bag is designed to automatically turn OFF when the vehicle is operated under some conditions...The front passenger air bag status light is located on the overhead console.
Occupant Classification System (OCS) NHS000A1
The occupant classification system identifies different size occupants, out of position occupants, and detects if child seat is present in the front passenger seat. The occupant classification system receives inputs from the occupant classification sensor (located inside the passenger seat cushion assembly) and belt tension sensor (part of the passenger front seat belt assembly and located at the belt anchor location). Depending on classification of passenger, the occupant classification system sends a signal to the diagnosis sensor unit. The diagnosis sensor unit uses this signal to determine full, partial, or non deployment of passenger front air bag in the event of a collision. Depending on the signal received, the diagnosis sensor unit can disable the passenger front air bag completely.

plagiarism at its best!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
tanabe350z

lol +1

Quick Reply: anyone ride with kid in the z?