Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z delivered in Chicago!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 05:57 AM
wr_mem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked it up this morning -- i must say that I am really surprised at how nice the car turned out. I've seen the pictures, gone to the auto shows, etc.. but after actually sitting in it and driving in it today -- I can only say: great job nissan! (everyone I've seen so far can't believe its a nissan -- they think it's european, which is a compliment depending on who it's coming from, I guess)

I can't complain about anything (ok. the buyers guilt of buying a THIRD car for 34k -- but I'm doing my best to work through that! ). I think the handling and performance are superb (yes, I've kicked it down hard a few times past 4k -- come on! once or twice isn't gonna kill it! plus, you're a stronger person than myself if you can resist it).

I also think they did a bang up job with the interior -- I like it (from all the posts I expected something like a saturn or a mustang). I've driven a jag xjr for a while, and I must say having leather on EVERY portion of the interior is a little strange in my book.

I'm gonna be gone tomorrow -- but if there are chicago area z'ers who are interested in checking one out from someone who isn't going to "freak out" on you, maybe we can hook up on Sunday -- I live right around Foster and Cicero. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:07 AM
chicago_z

Default saving sanity... now its worse

I stopped trolling the board for a while to help save my sanity. Now I read that someone that lives in the neighborhood has a Z and is showing it today...

*smackhimself on the head repeatedly*
stoopid stoopid stoopid stoooopid!!!!

wr_mem PM me if you have not done the showing yet

WAAAAHHHHHH
Old 08-26-2002, 03:38 AM
dvlad

ok guy's we need to set up a date so we can all get together. It seems most of the Chicago people will ahve the car by OCT. Maybe during OCT we can meet up and have a goodtime. Suggestions for a site would be great. Enthuz, when are you getting yours? I remember NOV. for some reason.

So, lets starting thinking about the First my350z.com meet. Later

dan
Old 08-26-2002, 03:54 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Count me in Dan. We should pick somewhere pretty central, like Schaumburg or Oak Brook.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:59 AM
chicago_z

I'm in...

but I will not have my car until the end of November (last I heard)

I'll show up to gawk
Old 08-26-2002, 04:11 AM
VR3

I'm there. Either with a Z or G35c.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:40 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in on any Z Do. My do date as of 2 weeks ago is still late October........

Schamberg, Oak Brook, Higgins & Cumberland.........sounds like a Hooters Event!:

I need to see a Z!

Need to know if I should have leather installed or not. Gotta see stock Carbon. Still leaning towards:
Attached Thumbnails 350Z delivered in Chicago!-redblack-leather-seats.jpg  

Last edited by EnthuZ; 08-26-2002 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:52 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

How about all three Hooters? I think the i-club Subaru Imprezza people meet at the Schaumburg Hooters sometimes. We should go blow their doors off!
Old 08-26-2002, 05:56 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm ready Frank........What's the latest news on your delivery?

chitownZ, What color carbon vests should we wear?

Hope I have the day off......

Last edited by EnthuZ; 08-26-2002 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:58 AM
mike952

Originally posted by wr_mem
Got no probs letting chicago area z fans check it out -- you can even swing by the house and get a better look and "feel" for it (we can swing it around the block a few times).

I'll repost in a couple hours with the dealership after I've finished working out the financing with them (it wasn't supposed to arrive for another week or two). Not that I don't trust the esteemed members of this forum, but I don't want anything to "tempt" the dealer away from the MSRP sticker I got it for.

Hope you kooks understand! Like I said, I'll repost with the dealer info before the end of the day!
Ok, count me in! I'm taking the first flight to O'hare... LOL
Old 08-26-2002, 06:26 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Originally posted by EnthuZ
I'm ready Frank........What's the latest news on your delivery?
ZISME told me Sept 12, but that I should expect it earlier. I just emailed my dealer.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:41 PM
mdouvris

Default A Chicago meeting

That's a good idea Dan. We have to wait until most of us have our cars. Im still looking at October. They have not told me otherwise. I will still come and gawk though..
Old 08-26-2002, 04:59 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I started a tread in the Car Clubs section. If all Chicago people can post their info there, we can have a list of everyone to contact for a meeting.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:39 PM
justwant1

Frank I will do that.

I picked my Chrome Silver Touring 6MT up on Saturday from Star Nissan too. They are great, treated me very very well. I heard wr_mem and I might be two of the first 4 or 5 Z's in all of Chicago. The car is simply awesome.

Like wr_mem I only saw pictures and the one at the auto show, but nothing compares to the car in person. Incredible!!!

I won't go into loads of details, but I personally have no problem with the rear view visability. I'm 5'9" and no problems. The door frame isn't that high. I find resting my arm on the door frame while driving is very comfortable. The car is very well laid out inside, a dream to drive, and I drove it a lot over the weekend.

We should all meet at the Chicago Motor Speedway on Sept. 8th. Put some faces with the names from my350z.com.

Later.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:44 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Hey Randy,

What was the first delivery date your dealer gave you? I was told Sept 12, but I'm hoping for earlier. My girlfriend called me Friday to tell me she saw "my car" in Hoffman Estates. Was that you?
Old 08-26-2002, 07:01 PM
justwant1

No, wasn't me. I'm surprised I wasn't in Hoffman Estates, I think I drove everywhere else. I have everything you have, but no Nav. The car is great, by the way. The dealer originally gave me a date of Sept. 30th +- 10 days, then they called with the VIN back in early August telling me Sept 4th +- 5 days. It actually arrived at the dealership on Friday August 22nd and I took delivery on Saturday the 23rd. The good thing is they are arriving and arriving early.

Randy
Old 08-26-2002, 07:13 PM
MichaelU

I'm so happy chicagoland has Z's. I've been looking around my shoulder ever time something "Catches" my eye just in case it's a Z.

My dealership (Arlington Nissan) said Sept 5 but I don't have a VIN yet. Gotta call them again today. It's crunch time for me, I didn't expect the car untill the middle of Sept and am scrammbling to get my finances together. In case I don't, anybody wanna buy my car? It's a Super Black Touring 5AT all add on's no mud flaps.. . . I hope it doesn't come to that.

Ciao,
MichaelU

Last edited by MichaelU; 08-26-2002 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:42 PM
justwant1

Michael,

I hope not, because you will love this car!

Randy
Old 08-26-2002, 07:50 PM
Bruce_with_Z

I just called my dealer. He give me a order #W180898 and Nov.

Quick Reply: 350Z delivered in Chicago!