Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

plates

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 04:02 PM
three2seven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plates

Just picked up my plates from the dealer. I live in Illinois and I am pretty sure the state requires both front and rear plates, however
I see plenty of corvettes and transams, firbirds, with out front plates. Haven't seen any 350's without temp plates.

Anyone know if cops will stop you and how much the ticket would
be?

Z looks best w/t a plate in the front, any suggestions.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Backroad

three2seven -

I live in the Naperville area. I'm running without a front plate because I think it detracts from the looks of the front end. I saw a couple of "sport" vehicles this morning on the way to work w/o front plates. I'm carrying my front plate with me and if the law stops me will tell them that I'm waiting for a mounting bracket. We'll see if that works.

al
"gettin' there is half the fun."
Old 08-27-2003, 11:28 AM
jj1814

Originally posted by Backroad
three2seven -

I live in the Naperville area. I'm running without a front plate because I think it detracts from the looks of the front end. I saw a couple of "sport" vehicles this morning on the way to work w/o front plates. I'm carrying my front plate with me and if the law stops me will tell them that I'm waiting for a mounting bracket. We'll see if that works.

What he said! (Hey! I used to work @ Lucent - intern)

I live in the 'burbs of Cincinnati and see plenty of 'Vettes, Porches, etc. w/out front plates...so I am not running them on my car. I have had numerous officers around my car looking at it, and none of them have said anything about lack of a front plate. I do carry it in my hatch, though. It was also my plan that if I do get stopped for no front plate, I will tell them I'm waiting for the bracket to be delivered.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:18 PM
wildone_106

I can understand why someone would'nt want front plates on a nice car like the Z, a Porche and such..but I noticed alot around here in Seattle, people dont put them on normal cars like Saturns, Honda's ect and Im thinking to myself...WHYY????!!!??? Do they believe their cool quota is raised by doing that, or it makes the car faster?! I dont get it..obviously it matters or they would'nt have made the choice not to put them on those relativly normal looking cars..I mean the ones I saw were'nt even modded. Im not a Pysch expert but it just puzzles me.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Subbacultcha

Originally posted by wildone_106
I can understand why someone would'nt want front plates on a nice car like the Z, a Porche and such..but I noticed alot around here in Seattle, people dont put them on normal cars like Saturns, Honda's ect and Im thinking to myself...WHYY????!!!??? Do they believe their cool quota is raised by doing that, or it makes the car faster?! I dont get it..obviously it matters or they would'nt have made the choice not to put them on those relativly normal looking cars..I mean the ones I saw were'nt even modded. Im not a Pysch expert but it just puzzles me.
one person's junk heap is another person's pride and joy
Old 08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
350zSpeedRacer

I've never had a problem (knocks on wood) with my cars not having front plates. They're required in Texas, and the couple times I was stopped for speeding, I could have easily been given a ticket for no front plate, but never was.

With that said, if I ever DO get a ticket for no front plate, I'll pay the damn thing and still refuse to put the plate on. Just RUINS the front end, IMO.