gmueip
Hi Kids!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ridiculous pricing and now bad customer service
Old 11-14-2008, 10:51 AM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by speedraver2
My guess is that he worked on a set of lights that weren't yours and sent those to you in a rush. It may even belong to a member here and that person may have your "clean" lights or is about to get them.

Again, just guessing.... but I doubt any member here would say: "Hey, those look exactly like my lights with all those cracks!" cuz they're getting a nice new set... YOURS.
That's exactly what I said on the first page. Dammit, doesn't anyone listen to me?

:P
Old 11-14-2008, 10:52 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by gmueip
Well I didn't mind the pricing much AS LONG AS THE WORK WAS DONE RIGHT. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for", which is the reason I decided to let Cincity do the work instead of paying someone a lot less money to do the job .
Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 AM
speedraver2

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
That's exactly what I said on the first page. Dammit, doesn't anyone listen to me?

:P
Yes, I was just repeating what you said. For the record, Arnold K. said it first!

Okay... waiting for anyone from cincity to chime in...
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by speedraver2
Yes, I was just repeating what you said. For the record, Arnold said it first!

Okay... waiting for anyone from cincity to chime in...
Props to Arnold!!

Sorry, I actually missed that post too
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I think that may come from the paint curing and outgassing fumes? I'm not sure.

Also does anyone else get skeeved out at the way the cracks look?
Old 11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
sik350

Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by phreaktor
I think that may come from the paint curing and outgassing fumes? I'm not sure.
If that's the case, then he should have let the paint cure fully before putting the lens back on the housing. I would have MUCH rather waited another few weeks to get my lights back in the same condition I send them off in instead of getting them back in that condition
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Joe@Sage

Thanks for the post I was just about to send mine out they gave me a good price like a third off of the first quote i got.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:10 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by nismo0035
Thanks for the post I was just about to send mine out they gave me a good price like a third off of the first quote i got.
Ya they're currently having a sale I believe. But there's no way I'd ever send in my lights to Nic....not even to get fixed. I just don't trust him anymore after how he chose to handle this. Not a very professional guy...
Old 11-14-2008, 11:13 AM
stealthz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honestly those stress cracks can come from the lens getting too hot whether it was in the oven or someone heated them up while buffing them.... paint will crack like that too if it gets too hot... either case they should be replaced by Cincity, cause it seems likes a result of their work... and they should man up and replace the lens for you....
Old 11-14-2008, 11:16 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by stealthz
honestly those stress cracks can come from the lens getting too hot whether it was in the oven or someone heated them up while buffing them.... paint will crack like that too if it gets too hot... either case they should be replaced by Cincity, cause it seems likes a result of their work... and they should man up and replace the lens for you....
Nic already told me there is no way he is fixing the lens or replacing the lights for me. He offered to fix the few paint bubbles on the housing, but that's what what I'm worried about. Trust me, those 2 or 3 paint bubbles are the last thing I'm worried about. Not like you can even see them through those cracks
Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 AM
dsmZ

Originally Posted by gmueip
+1 id never pay 3-4-$500 for a halo mod when i can easily do it myself... the lights do look nice when finished, but the mod DEF in NO WAY is worth that kind of money... and he should have def replaced the lens, hes saying HE didnt cause it, but his WORK did...

if an electrician installs a new light switch and 3mths later the wiring causes the house to burn down, the electrician may not have literally flipped the switch to cause the fire, but his shabby work did...

he needs to own up. sounds like his customer service is -->
Old 11-14-2008, 11:23 AM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, that really sucks... and from the original pic.. you're lights looked flawless...

From the way the cracks laid out, it seems like it could be gas related... solvents i believe give a hazier cracking look, and being dropped, the lens cracking would be more severe...

Can't they just purchase the lens, just to replace the cracked one?

GL with your situation bro..
Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 AM
s2k2nismo

you gave him an xbox for the work i have a nintendo here, what can i get done you sound like a cheap ***......and sincity needs to re-evaluate how they do business....jmo
Old 11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Infinus

Oh my look what I've started now , glad I spoke up on G35 driver, hope it all works out for you buddy
Old 11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
A.H

To be honest I really don't know what to say to this thread. I was actaully in the same predicament as you are. Paid like 940 bucks for headlight work and I get that fog/dust stuff and I soon find out one headlight is fully condensated with water after I washed the car. Basically it looked worse than yours. But to be honest I think Nic and Cincity have the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE, at least that was my experience. I will be writing a thread when I get my headlights back as I shipped them today. But basically Nic had great communication with me and as soon as I told him the problem, he's like no problem just send it back and i'll take care of it. This was before I even asked for any sort of return or anything. Then we agreed that I pay one to ship and he'll pay the second. Then to top it off he said he'll throw in a free RED OP to go along wiht my red halo and I really felt amazed. At first very angry I was truly satisfied as a customer. He also melted ONE of my eyelids that were on teh headliht when i first sent them in and he bought me two and shipped it to my house. IDK why you had a bad experience but to be honest, I had teh best experience ever with Nic at Cincity. Just talk to him in a nice calm manner and he will take care of it. Beleive me, I was pissed as **** becasue of the fog and condensation caseu you coudnl't even see the beauty of the lights and thought I woudl jsut have to deal, but he turned me into a happy customer taht now does not regret purcahsing his headlights and I can't wait to get them back.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by jubes

Can't they just purchase the lens, just to replace the cracked one?
from what I hear, you can't purchase the lens by itself. Otherwise I'd buy new lenses and have someone else replace them for me. I wish I COULD buy those lenses
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Infinus

Originally Posted by s2k2nismo
you gave him an xbox for the work i have a nintendo here, what can i get done you sound like a cheap ***......and sincity needs to re-evaluate how they do business....jmo
He also gave them cash, I don't see anything wrong with trading an xbox though, it still has monetary value.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

they make a rediculous amount of money off of these forums too. it doesnt cost them much time or material to do these mods..

easily one of the most annoying things to me seeing them posting in all the trade ads, want to trade your volks for custom headlight work? I can only imagine how many car parts they have gotten for their own rides through the money they make here, and it's probably all tax free to them.

anyways, with the amount of profit they make per job they should have no issues remedying this situation, and I guess it really boils down to if they care enough or not.

Quick Reply: WARNING TO FUTURE CINCITY CUSTOMERS