2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

WARNING TO FUTURE CINCITY CUSTOMERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
calin
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.H
To be honest I really don't know what to say to this thread. I was actaully in the same predicament as you are. Paid like 940 bucks for headlight work and I get that fog/dust stuff and I soon find out one headlight is fully condensated with water after I washed the car. Basically it looked worse than yours. But to be honest I think Nic and Cincity have the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE, at least that was my experience. I will be writing a thread when I get my headlights back as I shipped them today. But basically Nic had great communication with me and as soon as I told him the problem, he's like no problem just send it back and i'll take care of it. This was before I even asked for any sort of return or anything. Then we agreed that I pay one to ship and he'll pay the second. Then to top it off he said he'll throw in a free RED OP to go along wiht my red halo and I really felt amazed. At first very angry I was truly satisfied as a customer. He also melted ONE of my eyelids that were on teh headliht when i first sent them in and he bought me two and shipped it to my house. IDK why you had a bad experience but to be honest, I had teh best experience ever with Nic at Cincity. Just talk to him in a nice calm manner and he will take care of it. Beleive me, I was pissed as **** becasue of the fog and condensation caseu you coudnl't even see the beauty of the lights and thought I woudl jsut have to deal, but he turned me into a happy customer taht now does not regret purcahsing his headlights and I can't wait to get them back.
I'm not saying that everyone who deals with Nic will get the same sh1tty customer service I got. The reason I decided to let them do my lights is because I heard nothing but good things about them, and all their work that I've seen in person looked really clean. I could have easily paid another member on the forum about $100 to get the same job done, but decided to go with Cincity because of their good reputation. But as soon as I started having problems with Nic and his horrible customer service, I regretted sending my lights to him
Old 11-14-2008, 11:32 AM
OldDirty Z33

Cincity where you at!!!!! some one send him a pm with this thread.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:33 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by s2k2nismo
you gave him an xbox for the work i have a nintendo here, what can i get done you sound like a cheap ***......and sincity needs to re-evaluate how they do business....jmo
I sound like a cheapass? wtf? lol

Nic was looking for an Xbox, which was the reason I offered mine.....how is that being a cheapass?
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Infinus
Oh my look what I've started now , glad I spoke up on G35 driver, hope it all works out for you buddy
haha it's all good....I'm glad you did.
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He also gave them cash, I don't see anything wrong with trading an xbox though, it still has monetary value.
Most legit businesses don't make money from the barter system. Sounds odd.

Anyways, I hope you get the situation worked out. -1 for CinCity
Old 11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
haeshik

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
damn........ that crazy man. and he isnt willing to replace the lens for you?

thats f'ed up
they need to man up and fix that sheit!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Most legit businesses don't make money from the barter system. Sounds odd.

Anyways, I hope you get the situation worked out. -1 for CinCity
Well Nic is the owner of Cincity, so I guess he could take any form of payment he wants. But ya, I know what you mean
Old 11-14-2008, 11:39 AM
haeshik

guess i will goto clearcorners even though i heard they are hella expensive and the wait time is pretty long
Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear this Calin.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
s2k2nismo

He also gave them cash, I don't see anything wrong with trading an xbox though, it still has monetary value.
pay for the work with cash.........thats the way to do business. cincity can use this transaction as an excuse. they wont be in business long from what i am reading here.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by haeshik
guess i will goto clearcorners even though i heard they are hella expensive and the wait time is pretty long
xXHotelCrazyXx on G35driver did his lights himself and they came out really nice. maybe you can work out a deal with him

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Sorry to hear this calin, this might seem really random to you but if you send me your headlights, i will paint them for free. I do excellent work and i take the time to do it right, the first time. If you want just shoot me a pm, im only offering this to you only because i feel bad for you bro. I can have them back to you in 2-3 days All i ask is that you pay for the shipping. Here are the lights i did for my car

Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 AM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by haeshik
the alternative is cracked lenses and poor customer service... gimme clearcorners all day!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 AM
stealthz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calin
from what I hear, you can't purchase the lens by itself. Otherwise I'd buy new lenses and have someone else replace them for me. I wish I COULD buy those lenses
no you can't, but you can buy some cheaper 03-05 headlights(the eBay style ones or OEM) and take the lens off of those even though it won't look the same it'll fit...

plus I was talking to CinCity about getting some lights done for me, sense I want to upgrade my 03 headlights to 06... But now I don't know...

doesn't CinCity know it's not about the satisfied customers that makes a business good but it's when things go south that show a true business' colors...

Last edited by stealthz; 11-14-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by east1999bt
the alternative is cracked lenses and poor customer service... gimme clearcorners all day!
+1

Even though Cincity service is not cheap, I would have GLADLY paid more to get my lights back in good condition
Old 11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Infinus

Yeah I got mine done by a buddy for $100 bucks including materials, and he redid one of my lights 3 times because he didn't like the way it turned out. With the money it looks like CinCity is losing now because of this thread and the loss of customers they might as well have bought new lights for calin.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:47 AM
haeshik

thanks alot calin
Old 11-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a nismo v1 spoiler painted and installed from a local shop. the fitment wasn't good enough and the paint sucked (they dont paint in house, the guy they hired did a bad job), they ate the loss and ordered me an authentic and hired a much more expensive painter and made it right.

from a business stand point, it makes sense to just take the loss to make things right. I've since spent a good chunk of cash at their shop... I can see them caring less though, it's not often you get a returning customer when ALL you do is headlight work.

/end random irrelevant story. :P
Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM
calin
Banned

With the money it looks like CinCity is losing now because of this thread and the loss of customers they might as well have bought new lights for calin.
Seriously. A few people on here already said that they changed their minds about sending their lights in to Cincity. All this could have been easily avoided
Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM
east1999bt

here's the clearcorner lights: (they look awesome in person)

Old 11-14-2008, 11:50 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Entaille
I had a nismo v1 spoiler painted and installed from a local shop. the fitment wasn't good enough and the paint sucked (they dont paint in house, the guy they hired did a bad job), they ate the loss and ordered me an authentic and hired a much more expensive painter and made it right.

from a business stand point, it makes sense to just take the loss to make things right. I've since spent a good chunk of cash at their shop... I can see them caring less though, it's not often you get a returning customer when ALL you do is headlight work.

/end random irrelevant story. :P
Now THAT'S how you do business!! Ya the business might have lost a few bucks for having to order you another bumper, but at least they gained a valuable customer who will be going back for more work. I guess Nic doesn't care about that

Quick Reply: WARNING TO FUTURE CINCITY CUSTOMERS