Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
06z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lgear080
WOW. Stop right there. You need to get your *** down there and
call the police. Tell the police that the shop is holding your car for
no reason. GET YOUR CAR NOW. Tell the shop owner to go **** himself,
and leave. Have your car towed to a normal shop.

**** COURT **** HIM AND GO GET YOUR CAR.

Jesus. I would have likely torn his arm off and beaten his face with it by
now.

+10000!!! I would call the cops walk my a$$ in there and take MY car. Then IF he is stupid enough to try and take you to court there is no way in hell he could possibly win without any signed documents
Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
VENOMSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure it's not a Nissan stealership undercover?
It sounds like something they would try to do.
Seriously though, seventy days is a long time to leave yors car anywhere.
He just might have an ace in his sleeve making you wait that long.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Strider619

Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 PM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd be in jail if someone did that to me. Good luck man.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:17 AM
350z-Jim

Call the police go and get your car. They are unlawfully holding your car. If you decide to take it you do not have to pay them. If the body shop is in the right, they can sue you and put a lien on the car. Of course they would need that piece of paper you signed saying for them to store the car and start work. Oh wait....
Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see where all of you are jumping on the "get your car" bandwagon. If the shop has a posted policy regarding storage then you owe them for storage, whether you signed anything or not. If you have your car towed to a facility and leave it there you are liable for the tow bill and the storage. Generally this is handled by the insurance company but in this case it doesn't seem like insurance is involved. If you left your car there for 70 days then you owe for 70 days storage, it's that damn simple. Don't be stupid and leave your car sitting somewhere for that long, the day it was towed in you should've been in contact with the shop, gotten an estimate and if you were not going to use that shop have the car moved somewhere else.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Parker01

Not taking sides here but I think you are all just jumping to conclusions and not looking at it from both perspectives.

It sounds like you are/were renting floor space... you can't just sweep a car under the rug, it takes up valuable room so the shop is charging you daily to store you car which isn't unheard of.

Now on the other hand, why was it there for so long, did he charge you from day one or since he quoted the car and you decided not to go through with it? Is there anything written in the shop, on the quote... just any sort of policy anywhere clearly stating that the shop charges to keep your car there? If there is nothing indicating/notifying you of this charge, they really can't enforce it as how are you to know?

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this tho, bummer
Old 11-23-2008, 07:45 AM
redman333

Originally Posted by Parker01
Not taking sides here but I think you are all just jumping to conclusions and not looking at it from both perspectives.

It sounds like you are/were renting floor space... you can't just sweep a car under the rug, it takes up valuable room so the shop is charging you daily to store you car which isn't unheard of.

Now on the other hand, why was it there for so long, did he charge you from day one or since he quoted the car and you decided not to go through with it? Is there anything written in the shop, on the quote... just any sort of policy anywhere clearly stating that the shop charges to keep your car there? If there is nothing indicating/notifying you of this charge, they really can't enforce it as how are you to know?

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this tho, bummer
I completely agree, I have no problem paying for a storage fee. At the end I even asked what do I owe for the tow and storage. However the price that he is charging for storage is outragous. I called all over and asked a bunch of shops what they charge for storage and the most I got was 25 dollars a day. Plus they shop kept stalling things. They wouldn't give me a qoute for the work that I wanted. They kept giving me a qoute for most of the work and saying that he will take care of the rest to not worry about it. I refused to sign off on any work until he gave a full qoute in writing. Thats why it took 70 days. This would have all been done and they probably would have been done with my car if he gave me the qoute I wanted the first time.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:22 AM
350z-Jim

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
I don't see where all of you are jumping on the "get your car" bandwagon. If the shop has a posted policy regarding storage then you owe them for storage, whether you signed anything or not. If you have your car towed to a facility and leave it there you are liable for the tow bill and the storage. Generally this is handled by the insurance company but in this case it doesn't seem like insurance is involved. If you left your car there for 70 days then you owe for 70 days storage, it's that damn simple. Don't be stupid and leave your car sitting somewhere for that long, the day it was towed in you should've been in contact with the shop, gotten an estimate and if you were not going to use that shop have the car moved somewhere else.
I hear what you are saying, however having a policy posted on the wall does not mean that somebody was agreeing to pay that fee. If taken to course that charge of $4000 could be competely thrown out (if it's considered unreasonable) or a lesser fee imposed based on what is commonly used through the industry. $4000 for 70 days is over $57 a day. Even $25 a day is steep but reasonable so the max they should be is $1750.

Even at that most industrial building are not renting at $25 a sq/ft, more likely $1.25 or less depending on the area. So even $25 a day is tough to justify.

They are asking for $4000 which is likely $50 a day x 70 days = $3500 plus $500 to tow. Thats retarded and I would never pay it.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:59 PM
R-TuneZ

report this to the BBB, they might be able to help you out. at the very least, you will warn other consumers of this pos. people are such f*cking morons. if someone tried pulling that sh*t on me, there would be a huge problem...
Old 11-23-2008, 02:08 PM
gmic350z

the shop that i work at charges 60 per day for inside storage and 35 for outside.after a week went past didnt you have a beef with why your car is at some strangers garage and you still have no estimate on work?kinda sounds like he maybe said he would fix damage and you wanted to add in for painting the rst of car,so he figured,he gave you a price on the fender and wheel work and kinda left in your court to give him the goahead and figured,why not keep getting storage money from you if its not that important that the cars been there for 2+months.you bet your *** if you go and let him know,that your taking him to court he will write up something and put it up on the wall,about the storage.call cops first and go in together and have them make report that there is no sighn at all about the storage.later go back by yourself and make him an offer to get your car without court and bbb complaints.trust me no shop wants bad rep,or court.sorry for the full page reply dude...
Old 11-23-2008, 03:58 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by gmic350z
call cops first and go in together and have them make report that there is no sighn at all about the storage.
Cops don't do reports for what you cited. At least none of the departments I have worked for.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Geesh, I just painted my car under $3,500 with a full warranty on the paint job as long as I own the car. It was done by a garage here that touches up new cars for the Ford and Nissan Dealerships, etc. That's how I found out about them. That place sounds like a rip off joint compared from what you've been told. Don't forget the BBB (Better Business Bureau), can always file a comlaint with them also.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:08 PM
gmic350z

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Cops don't do reports for what you cited. At least none of the departments I have worked for.
so if he calls the cops and says i cant get my car back and ive had enough,and im gonna snap .i need assistance before this escalates and a beef breaks out .hes got my property and im going to get it,kinda like hes acking for help cause he knows hes gonna have to physically take his car back by any means cause there is no other options for him to do
Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
incomming

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ was that english?

Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

so if he calls the cops and says i cant get my car back and ive had enough,and im gonna snap .i need assistance before this escalates and a beef breaks out .hes got my property and im going to get it,kinda like hes acking for help cause he knows hes gonna have to physically take his car back by any means cause there is no other options for him to do
I would say it's more like a "Attorney's" job, not a police officer. Sue the shop, if that's what it takes. Use the proper means to get the right legal help, that's what he should do. As to be "snapping", then get help through the proper medical/psychological help. That would be the answer to that. There's real options for both situations.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 PM
quietkilla6

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
with all them mods. they probably fixed your car and there whipping it around!
thats my first thought, definitly check the milage when you get your car back.
sorry to hear you found such a great shop, and unlucky me stuck in az cant go to it.
hope it works for ya
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 AM
HDPDZO6

Before jumping the gun here, look at what I was responding to...
Old 11-26-2008, 06:53 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by incomming
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ was that english?

I asked myself the very same question.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by redman333
I hit a curb in my Z. Damaged the front right qaurter panel and rim mainly. I wanted to see if the shop could paint the whole car for me and fix a few blemishes I had on the car. They kept telling me no they wouldn't do it because that it was too much work. They kept delaying everything with dumb excuses like his printer was broke for a week and couldn't get me a qoute. When I finally got the qoute it was $12,000 with rediculous amounts added in. I went to another shop and they told me that their prices are outragious. So I told the original shop to give me my bill because I was going to have another shop do the work. and 70 days in his shop he billed me at $4,000.l charging me $55 a day and refuses to change his price and says its because he is a quality painter.

I just wanted to vent here and hopefully someone would have some advice.
let's do the math:

70 days@ $55.00 a day= $3850

add a tow into that and it sounds like he charged you right. did you expect him to keep your car there for free taking up space? sounds like the only person at fault is you for leavign the car there that long and/or not doing your research on how much it will cost to paint an entire car ($12k is cheap)properly.

Last edited by Z04; 11-26-2008 at 07:11 AM.

Quick Reply: A body shop is screwing me over