Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Perfect Z Now Tainted by POS Tow Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 12:18 PM
350G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect Z Now Tainted by POS Tow Truck

To make a long story short, it took 2 months for some jack@ss to screw up my Z. Went to Phoenix Hill Tavern with some buddies, only to come out to my Z missing. Apparently (to make a long story short), my Z was mistakenly towed by a rollback! Needless to say, the front bumper/diffuser was smacked on the ground when they unloaded it, causing scratches, chips, bent plastic diffuser, and broken plastic molding on the under carriage. To add insult to injury, they refuse any liability and deny they caused the damage. I suppose the mud on the front bumper was from me doing a little muddin' Well, off to small claims court . . .
Old 08-21-2003, 01:01 PM
350zroadster

and off to catalog to shop for new front bumper.

Sorry, just trying to throw a little sunshine on you.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:13 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the "mistakenly towed" part is true, then there should be a list of people to sue untill every peice has been replaced to your satisfaction.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:17 PM
RedHerring

God I hate morons. They effectively STOLE and Vandalized your car. They should pay big. If not with criminal charges, then definitely with civil. Hire a lawyer and kick some a$$.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:00 PM
350G

I just finished filling out the small claims complaint form. I tried to call and get their insurance info and the business owner's phone number, only to get the cold shoulder (expected). Hell, I got one employee to give me the tow truck operators name and he gave me the first name, but "didn't know the last name." Sure . . .
So thus far, I've contacted the Secretary of State to obtain the business' corporate info for the summons, called the KY Attorney General to try to mediate the process (a prerequisite for small claims), and filled out the appropriate paper work. With all the pics I took and with the help of a friend, who's an attorney, I may end up getting some cash out of this to go ahead and put my Veilside kit on . . .