Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by davids
It's called appreciation.
Some people here go way OverBoard and you know what i mean
Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 PM
boulderZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ool/index.html

c'mon if porsche drivers are doing this to their 60k+ cars...
Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kham25
Some people here go way OverBoard and you know what i mean
Who cares if they go overboard? It just shows how much they enjoy the car and want to preserve it.

Don't criticize people for their habits.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:08 PM
kham25

Originally Posted by Kirk Lazarus
Who cares if they go overboard? It just shows how much they enjoy the car and want to preserve it.

Don't criticize people for their habits.
Kirk honestly I dont care ... Maybe when a little responsiblity comes along and they get a life they will see there's more to life than a car.I bought my cars to be driven my Lexus and the Z im sorry i must be retarded because of that

Oh and BTW your a funny ***** Kirk your posts crackes me up

Last edited by kham25; 12-16-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:53 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry storage people. I might have a single day per year that I don't hit the roads due to snow & other fowl weather. In the summer I usually drive the truck a couple of weeks or so, fishing & camping.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by kham25
Kirk honestly I dont care ... Maybe when a little responsiblity comes along and they get a life they will see there's more to life than a car.I bought my cars to be driven my Lexus and the Z im sorry i must be retarded because of that

Oh and BTW your a funny ***** Kirk your posts crackes me up
If you don't care... why post about it?

In reality, someone with responsibility will want to take care of and prolong the life of their belongings. Buying a Lexus/Z just to be driven is a bit unnecessary for something "just to be driven." Why not a cheaper chevy or ford? Do you want the cars as a "status symbol?" Hyundai offers a much cheaper alternatives with all the necessities, if not more, than what the Lexus/Z may offer.

Someone who criticizes someone for not being responsible while owning two unnecessary vehicles is not as mentally mature as they think they are.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Spork

Who's Z is also in winter storage?
I'm going through Z withdrawl. I need ZdayZ.
I feel ya
Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 PM
boulderZ

Saying you miss driving your Z, while YOU put it in storage, is like dating a christian chick and wondering why you dont get any pu$$y... just doesnt make any sense
Old 12-16-2008, 11:29 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

some people can only afford one car.. so it has to be driven all year, but if taken care of like a golden baby then it will be fine.

or I will just go get my old ford tempo from high school I gave to my cousin and use it for the winter.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:57 AM
KManZ
Banned

I, for one, would rather buy an extra vehicle for the times when:

-I need more seating space
-I need to haul stuff
-I go camping/outdoors

So I have my Jeep Cherokee 4x4. Why would I spend extra money to buy Blizzaks to drive the Z in sh1tty weather when I can drive my Jeep? I miss driving the Z, yeah, but I feel more assured driving the Jeep. No matter how awesome of tire or lbs of sand in the hatch, the Z is NOT a winter driving vehicle. FACT.
When Spring rolls around, I drive the Z everyday. I could care less how many miles are on it, but I'd much rather not drive it when I have the option not to.

Oh, and my Z isn't getting corroded by salt right now. HAHA

Last edited by KManZ; 12-17-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KManZ
I, for one, would rather buy an extra vehicle for the times when:

-I need more seating space
-I need to haul stuff
-I go camping/outdoors

So I have my Jeep Cherokee 4x4. Why would I spend extra money to buy Blizzaks to drive the Z in sh1tty weather when I can drive my Jeep? I miss driving the Z, yeah, but I feel more assured driving the Jeep. No matter how awesome of tire or lbs of sand in the hatch, the Z is NOT a winter driving vehicle. FACT.
When Spring rolls around, I drive the Z everyday. I could care less how many miles are on it, but I'd much rather not drive it when I have the option not to.

Oh, and my Z isn't getting corroded by salt right now. HAHA

i'd still drive my coupe
Old 12-17-2008, 06:24 AM
kham25

If you don't care... why post about it?

In reality, someone with responsibility will want to take care of and prolong the life of their belongings. Buying a Lexus/Z just to be driven is a bit unnecessary for something "just to be driven." Why not a cheaper chevy or ford? Do you want the cars as a "status symbol?" Hyundai offers a much cheaper alternatives with all the necessities, if not more, than what the Lexus/Z may offer.

Someone who criticizes someone for not being responsible while owning two unnecessary vehicles is not as mentally mature as they think they are.
When i see everybody on here going nuts with their cars for winter i .I do take care off my cars handwash both of them weekly..Ummm my take, maybe some members here think the Z is godly and will keep it forever and ever the way they sound.
I buy my cars because i like them an can afford them. Ive always wanted a 2seater the only reason i got the Z.. The Lexus is my work vehicle and yes in my line off job you do need a nicer vehicle. Perhaps when more important priorities in life comes along they will change as did I..
Old 12-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I won't bag on anyone for storing their cars and I would hope people that store their cars don't bag on people for driving their Z year round. There's nothing wrong with either decision.

I have one car, and I bought it to drive it, despite any conditions. I take care of it because I love it but I'm not really in a position to buy a beater and rent out a garage for the winter
Old 12-17-2008, 07:44 AM
davids
F U StuLax18

Thanks Ben, glad some people actually know how to properly post on the forum still.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:16 AM
cspinner

I'm just a bit east of you. My Z is tucked away in the garage because southern tier loves to salt the roads with the drop of the smallest snowflakes. If I didn't plan on keeping the car, I wouldn't care as much. But, it's my baby. It's not a Ferrari, but it's the nicest thing I own and I will treat it as such.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 AM
crskillz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, what a heated discussion, lol. After discovering the z is no go in the snow with out winter tires, I kept my first car and use it in the winter while the Z sits outside parked (private space). Last night I dusted the snow off the z while I took my other car....( I also thought about blizzacks, but being my first car prior to the z still runs and is paid off it was a no brainer.)

Besides (my other car) is great for when I run miscellaneous errands and drive into the city in not so good areas...ever get stuck driving next to or behind a salt truck on the highway....the sound of the salt hitting your car sounds like hail! And lets not mention those unforseeable pot holes...(nyc area)...
however, I do see g35, g37 and some z braving the snow...
Old 12-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Spork

Thanks Ben, glad some people actually know how to properly post on the forum still.
I'm here for ya David
Old 12-17-2008, 10:44 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My car will still be in amazing condition 10+ years from now while people who drive theirs in the salt and crap will be rusted out, if you don't wreck on black ice 1st

Im glad I have a daily driver. And a boosted one at that, which I still take great care of.

Jealousy is bad mmmkayyy

And some Porsche owners take better car of their cars than 99% of people.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ng-starts.html

But yes, i get pissy sometimes in the winter, and I know if I had to Z to relieve stress I wouldn't have near the PMS symptoms that I do sometimes.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:10 AM
davids
F U StuLax18

Originally Posted by cspinner
I'm just a bit east of you. My Z is tucked away in the garage because southern tier loves to salt the roads with the drop of the smallest snowflakes. If I didn't plan on keeping the car, I wouldn't care as much. But, it's my baby. It's not a Ferrari, but it's the nicest thing I own and I will treat it as such.
That is what a lot of people don't understand. The snow is not a problem, it's the fact they salt the roads so heavy your precious exhaust system will be trashed in a matter of a year.

BTW, didn't know you lived so close!
Old 12-17-2008, 11:10 AM
davids
F U StuLax18

I'm here for ya David
Zdayz bro, zdayz.

Quick Reply: Winter Withdrawl