Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Winter Withdrawl

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:46 AM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
My car will still be in amazing condition 10+ years from now while people who drive theirs in the salt and crap will be rusted out, if you don't wreck on black ice 1st

Im glad I have a daily driver. And a boosted one at that, which I still take great care of.

Jealousy is bad mmmkayyy

And some Porsche owners take better car of their cars than 99% of people.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ng-starts.html

But yes, i get pissy sometimes in the winter, and I know if I had to Z to relieve stress I wouldn't have near the PMS symptoms that I do sometimes.
Honestly you would actually keep a car for 10 yrs?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 AM
davids
F U StuLax18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kham25
Honestly you would actually keep a car for 10 yrs?
Dude why do you insist on trolling this tread.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
kham25

Originally Posted by crskillz
Wow, what a heated discussion, lol. After discovering the z is no go in the snow with out winter tires, I kept my first car and use it in the winter while the Z sits outside parked (private space). Last night I dusted the snow off the z while I took my other car....( I also thought about blizzacks, but being my first car prior to the z still runs and is paid off it was a no brainer.)

Besides (my other car) is great for when I run miscellaneous errands and drive into the city in not so good areas...ever get stuck driving next to or behind a salt truck on the highway....the sound of the salt hitting your car sounds like hail! And lets not mention those unforseeable pot holes...(nyc area)...
however, I do see g35, g37 and some z braving the snow...
Honestly fellas I see Porsche, Bimmers, Merc, Bentlys' Aston Martins etc driving here in snow storms and after when salt spreaders are out .. Perhaps me living in the city is the reason why i dont see you guys POV.. Its just a car .. 5 -6 yrs from now dump it and get another one ..
Old 12-17-2008, 11:53 AM
kham25

Originally Posted by davids
Dude why do you insist on trolling this tread.
Im not trolling the thread bro im just asking this guy a question? This is forum rite
Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 AM
davids
F U StuLax18

Im not trolling the thread bro im just asking this guy a question? This is forum rite
Old 12-18-2008, 05:31 AM
crskillz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Honestly fellas I see Porsche, Bimmers, Merc, Bentlys' Aston Martins etc driving here in snow storms and after when salt spreaders are out .. Perhaps me living in the city is the reason why i dont see you guys POV.. Its just a car .. 5 -6 yrs from now dump it and get another one ..
lol...my other car is 12 years old & still rollin with 250,000 miles (mostly highway)! It still looks new, rides nice, I have no car payments so all my $ goes to the bank or reserve for me to hook up my z...but to each his/her own...

Last edited by crskillz; 12-18-2008 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

last summer i saw a 360 modena parallel parked in the city and a few 911s parked this past fall just in one night of hanging out...they're just cars afterall...DRIVE THEM!

i think i developed this attitute as a teenager as i saw an interview by hans stuck. i think he was answering a question about a comparison between american enthusiast drivers and german enthusiast drivers. he said something to the effect that american drivers like to keep their cars pretty in the garage and keep nose bras, etc and german drivers just like to drive their rear wheel drive cars even to go skiing, fast on the autobahn, etc etc. that is the difference between an american driver and a german driver. it pretty much made an impression upon me.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:53 AM
KManZ
Banned

Honestly fellas I see Porsche, Bimmers, Merc, Bentlys' Aston Martins etc driving here in snow storms and after when salt spreaders are out .. Its just a car ..
For you maybe, and the other drones who buy a Porsche, Bimmer, Merc etc. simply for A to B transportation. Those people could care less about what they have... if you haven't noticed, a majority of people on here LOVE their Z, because to us, the Z is more than just a plebeian 9-5 vehicle.

Originally Posted by VQdriver
last summer i saw a 360 modena parallel parked in the city and a few 911s parked this past fall just in one night of hanging out...they're just cars afterall...DRIVE THEM!

i think i developed this attitute as a teenager as i saw an interview by hans stuck. i think he was answering a question about a comparison between american enthusiast drivers and german enthusiast drivers. he said something to the effect that american drivers like to keep their cars pretty in the garage and keep nose bras, etc and german drivers just like to drive their rear wheel drive cars even to go skiing, fast on the autobahn, etc etc. that is the difference between an american driver and a german driver. it pretty much made an impression upon me.
Good, great, grand... go live in Germany then.

Last edited by KManZ; 12-18-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 AM
VQdriver

Originally Posted by crskillz
lol...my other car is 12 years old & still rollin with 250,000 miles (mostly highway)! It still looks new, rides nice, I have no car payments so all my $ goes to the bank or reserve for me to hook up my z...but to each his/her own...
i have a similar attitude. i plan on driving and keeping my car as long as i meaningfully can. i suppose everyone has an opinion to either side of this...
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 AM
VQdriver

Originally Posted by KManZ
For you maybe, and the other drones who buy a Porsche, Bimmer, Merc etc. simply for A to B transportation. Those people could care less about what they have... if you haven't noticed, a majority of people on here LOVE their Z, because to us, the Z is more than just a plebeian 9-5 vehicle.

Good, great, grand... go live in Germany then.
actually i wouldn't mind trying to lap the nurburgring in under 8 minutes lol i love my car too, and it's my commuter and fun vehicle as well. those guys have a right to own their vehicles just as we do ours. maybe they're so baller that a 360 modena is their beater?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by VQdriver
actually i wouldn't mind trying to lap the nurburgring in under 8 minutes lol i love my car too, and it's my commuter and fun vehicle as well. those guys have a right to own their vehicles just as we do ours. maybe they're so baller that a 360 modena is their beater?
A jaunt on the Nurburgring or Autobahn would be amazing! It'd be nice to have the Z, but I think the best would be to have an M3 for just such an occasion.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:26 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

W-i-t-h-d-r-a-w-a-l.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:06 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

The way I set up my payments it usually takes like 5 years to pay off the car, I would keep it probably 2 years after its payed off, by then there would be something better out (370z) that will be by then, be cheaper.

But you always find yourself wanting something more.. GT-R... ugh
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
rane_man

Originally Posted by KManZ
I have to agree. It's not the make of the car that determines how it's treated; it's the person behind the wheel. My car is all wheel drive and there's still no way I'm taking it out in the snow. Heck, all that has to happen is for me to hit one chunk of ice and bye-bye front lip!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Robs_350Z

Some say people who have their car in storage are over thinking things… Let's play devil's advocate for one minute. Decently modified Z with wheels, turbo, and a body kit. I drive a lot more than an average commuter and seen a lot of stuff happen especially in the snow. Let's say you don't care about the cosmetic effects of winter on the body or you can handle the RWD in the snow, what about other drivers around you. I've been hit sitting still, seen others drift randomly into parked and moving cars. One could argue you could always get hit by someone at anytime of the year but the odds are arguably a lot higher in the snow seasons.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:10 PM
mcbrown35

Gonna be a long winter with 2 in storage...

Last edited by mcbrown35; 12-19-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,662 Posts

Drove mine to work today, and yesterday and even to and from work on wed. with the snow storms out here.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 PM
MarvinMartian

Just got back from a drive this evening.

About two hours, driving around some backroads with both windows open.

Gotta love Texas.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

storaged mine...

Old 12-25-2008, 09:16 AM
350z Guy

merry christmas guys!

hope your enjoying your day right now

luckily i live in CA where it isnt snowing