Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Totalled my z

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by graffkid732
Sucks that some, or most "young" kids must show off in front of their friends and think crap like this won't happen. Glad you're okay, but can't blame anyone for this EXCEPT YOURSELF.
Fixed.

OP. been there done that...life goes on (this time) avoid repeating these actions.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

at least you seem to be mature about the situation. I hope you do learn from this.

only you and your friend will know what really happened I'm sure, I'd be willing to bet you were doing something stupid but it's easier to convince your parents and insurance company otherwise if you can lie to yourself about it.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:03 AM
nickg350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12.29.08 a Z dead today. brooooooo that **** sucks so much, that Z is like a gf wow bro. no more Z, imagine waking up everyday and knowing that u dont have ur Z anymore. fckkkkk bro i would kill myself.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Silver350zed

Hey man... if you get the chance want to trade interiors before they hack your car for parts?
Old 12-31-2008, 11:32 AM
stein

Z -> rip
Old 12-31-2008, 11:32 AM
sconosciuto

Originally Posted by Entaille
only you and your friend will know what really happened I'm sure, I'd be willing to bet you were doing something stupid but it's easier to convince your parents and insurance company otherwise if you can lie to yourself about it.
My thoughts exactly...

Originally Posted by z8urv8
Well, the whole expeience is a huge blur to me, but when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd i lost control. I was probably going around 45-50 when it happened. I lost control, hit a road sign and went in a ditch and turned over somehow and rolled over I'd say twice.
That's great, so you want to raise awareness of how dangerous the Z can be. I think most people who buy this car are aware of it's capabilities and in fact bought it for that purpose. The real lesson is that at 19 you weren't mature enough to handle such a vehicle. It's the same reason why so many people have given you such a hard time here...we know how stupid we acted when we were 19 ourselves. Hopefully whoever helped you get this Z won't make the same mistake twice.

You admit that you lost control of the car but nowhere do you take responsibility for CAUSING the accident and endangering your passenger. I fail to understand how you would lose control of a vehicle going 45-50 even in slightly damp conditions. Did you mean to say you were shifting from 3RD TO 2ND and not "2nd to 3rd"? Cars don't just fly off the road into ditches and flip a few times...just don't be in self denial. You're lucky you didn't kill your passenger...that would be a b1tch to live with the rest of your life!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Fallen612

how many rpms are we at in second going 45? isnt it like 4500? i can see the back tires breaking loose if you dumped the clutch and lost traction. sucks man but like others said. ur fault.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:18 AM
350z Guy

i am so sorry to see this happen, but glad to see that your okay
Old 01-01-2009, 03:19 AM
350z Guy

Originally Posted by nickg350z
12.29.08 a Z dead today. brooooooo that **** sucks so much, that Z is like a gf wow bro. no more Z, imagine waking up everyday and knowing that u dont have ur Z anymore. fckkkkk bro i would kill myself.
+1

if that happened to me, i dont know what i would do
Old 01-01-2009, 05:43 AM
cspinner

Live and learn.

I think most teenagers know how dangerous something can be. They just have the attitude that it can't possibly happen to them if they are "really careful".
Old 01-01-2009, 07:24 AM
sconosciuto

There's a reason why insurance is so high for males under the age of 25. Statistics show that you are the "highest risk" category and no matter how you twist those numbers they don't lie...you're living proof! I can only imagine how much you (or should I say your parents) have been paying each month for insurance on a 2-seater sportscar. I can guarantee you're F-ed now though, your insurance is gonna really go through the roof! You're only 19 though so you probably don't have any concept of money, so what does it matter..........................................
Old 01-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Changvi

Sorry to hear that bro. At least you and your passenger are both ok, and alive. Just hoped that you've learned from the experience and be cautious next time around. Don't worry about others giving you a hard time because you're 19. Just move forward and be glad that you are ok. Cars can be replaced, you, can not.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:01 AM
mikedbz

Glad that no human life was taken. The car can always be replaced.

Accidents are just that.. they can happen to any one of us, no matter our age, maturity level or driving ability.

If you get another fast car, please invest in some track time with a driving instructor. One day on the track with a good instructor and you will learn and do more than you'd pick up in years of street driving. It's also a limited risk place to excercise your urge to drive fast.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 PM
z8urv8

As much as I loved my z...im probably going to get another z71 now. Ive noticed that Im really more of a truck guy here lately.

And, for the people who say my parents bought me the car....there is some truth in that. I sold my 2004 z71 that my parents bought me when i turned 16, and used the money I had saved up from working at advance auto parts for 2 years for most of the rest. The car was payed for I was just about 2 grand short of paying my dad back when I wrecked it. Just an fyi
Old 01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
XIceDragonX

HE JUST SAID IT... working at advance... man, what a shame. I used to work at one till I got a real job. Place is a joke, I have yet to be in an advance where I met anyone knowledgeable or that wasn't using outdated procedures. The guy I used to work under would tell people to test their 2002 car's battery, to start it up and just take the cables right off the battery after starting it. I can see where you were led astray. Hopefully you too can move on from advance, for you are forever doomed to living the life of a 17 year old's job, only paid less and appreciated even less! Only place I ever worked for where the manager won't say a word to a customer if they are standing there cussing you out because their alternator was shorting out after they just bought it only 3 years ago haha.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:01 PM
z8urv8

Originally Posted by XIceDragonX
HE JUST SAID IT... working at advance... man, what a shame. I used to work at one till I got a real job. Place is a joke, I have yet to be in an advance where I met anyone knowledgeable or that wasn't using outdated procedures. The guy I used to work under would tell people to test their 2002 car's battery, to start it up and just take the cables right off the battery after starting it. I can see where you were led astray. Hopefully you too can move on from advance, for you are forever doomed to living the life of a 17 year old's job, only paid less and appreciated even less! Only place I ever worked for where the manager won't say a word to a customer if they are standing there cussing you out because their alternator was shorting out after they just bought it only 3 years ago haha.

I've been in many Advances where they are completely stupid also, but actually we had some really knowledgeable people in my store, (at least 3) that I really trusted and respected what they had to say. You can't put down a whole franchise of stores just because of the experiences in one, or a few. And as for being stuck at advance all my life, thats not happening. Im on a full academic scholarship to Troy University, and have plans for my future that exceed a little further than an Advance Auto Parts manager lol.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:20 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

I guess they don't teach street smarts at Troy? Haha, but it is cool you are on scholarship.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:23 PM
RedlineAZ

the z has DOUBLE the highest death rate of any other sports car on the market. Thats what I read online after buying my z, glad your alright dude! Cars can be replaced, your life cant.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
my350isblack

^^so whats that website where you got that info from?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 AM
10-E-C-350Z

And, for the people who say my parents bought me the car....there is some truth in that. I sold my 2004 z71 that my parents bought me when i turned 16, and used the money I had saved up from working at advance auto parts for 2 years for most of the rest. The car was payed for I was just about 2 grand short of paying my dad back when I wrecked it. Just an fyi

I think alot of bitterness in some of the posts comes from this. I've wanted one of these bad boys since I was 18 but could never afford one. Thus, I drove a Chevy Celebrity that wasn't even worth a picture of a Z. I was really limited to what I could afford on my own. Almost 6 years later, I'm finally here...Having had to work for it without any help will definately make me (as well as the majority of others here I'm sure) respect the Z for what it really is. Anyway, I'm glad you are safe. Enjoy your Z-71.

** I just remembered...That Celebrity had cardboard quarter windows

Last edited by 10-E-C-350Z; 01-07-2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: I forgot the funniest thing...

Quick Reply: Totalled my z