Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What color is your Base Model?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 08:53 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What color is your Base Model?

Please reply ONLY if you have a BASE model.

(I'm predicting a total of 3 posts in this thread)

I'm the kind of guy who takes the Sunday ads into the store, and only buys from that. I make sure I get every freakin' product rebate, no matter how much time I have to spend on the phone talking to yahoos telling me "check has been printed- you should have it in 2 weeks".

And as much as I like Nissan for building this beautiful new Z, I kinda hope they are thinking "Damn! Someone else pre-ordered a base model".

Thanks,

Jeff "Scafremon"
Silverstone Base Model
Old 05-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Scafremon

I ordered a Silverstone Base Model.

(Ooops...forgot I started this)

I think I may have been optimistic thinking I'd get 3 replies. On other hand, if I post again.....

What I meant by that Nissan reference is that I'm thinking the base model is the 'loss-leader'. The car is so awesome, that they lose money on this trim. And since I like bargains, this appealed to me.

I know what you're thinking... "Jeff, stop typing, get the camera, go back to Nissan". I will, I will, I promise. Did you see RxO's post in another thread about more colors next week?
Old 05-26-2002, 05:19 PM
RainmanZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Scafremon.... I love the Silverstone. Great choice. I ordered one too... just not a base car....
Old 05-26-2002, 08:49 PM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

Jeff,

I went silverstone base as well. At the time, I figured it would be one of the least popular color choices, and would give me a little more exclusivity. Oh well. Cannot wait to see our color.

I went with the base because, at the time, the extras you get with the higher prices didn't seem that important to me. I debated a while back about adjusting my order, but decided against it. I'd like the xenon bulbs and the aluminum pedals, but I can live without them. Actually, I'm hoping to be able to add the aluminum pedals later. Is that possible? I know so little about cars it's scary, especially since my dad's a mechanic.

Good luck with getting more color pix!! I'd love to be up there with you, but I have to work. Damn that need for money. Oh wait, I bought a lotto ticket last night, maybe I should check those numbers.

Thanks again for all your efforts,

Dave
Another SoCal Silverstone base
Old 05-26-2002, 09:02 PM
dizave

Default Silverstone Base, here too :)

When I made the decision on color, it was between Silverstone and Daytona Blue. Now that I've seen the blue, I'm going to call my dealer on Tuesday and try and change to blue and add the aero package

-Dave
Old 05-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Scafremon

Very cool Dave!

Our thinking was very much the same. I've also wondered about changing my order to a higher trim, and also adding the aluminum pedals afterwards. If you look at some of the hi res pics of the interior, it almost looks like the aluminum part is attached to the standard pedal. It looks like they have some flanges that wrap the pedal to hold them on, maybe screws on backside. If it is possible to add them afterwards, I hope they don't gouge us on the price. I'm thinking $50 would be fun to pay for them, but I can see them charging $250.

I'd never heard of xenon lights till I started researching this car. It's another option I wish I had, but one I am prepared to live without.

LSD sounds like something you definetly want, if you plan on really utilizing the full power of the car. That was the biggest thing I was worried about not having. But I doubt I'll ever accelerate fast enough to break traction.

All in all, I think we got great deals on a great car. I look forward to seeing our 'twin cars' parked together at a My350z Club get-together.

Jeff
Old 05-26-2002, 09:17 PM
Scafremon

Default Re: Silverstone Base, here too :)

Originally posted by dizave
When I made the decision on color, it was between Silverstone and Daytona Blue. Now that I've seen the blue, I'm going to call my dealer on Tuesday and try and change to blue and add the aero package

-Dave
Dave (Dizave),

Maybe wait a few more days before changing colors. I'm hopeful that next week someone will have pics of the silverstone. I admit, that blue looks incredible, but the silverstone could be just as impressive.

I'll be going to Nissan HQ for my third week in a row, to try and get some pics. I'm going to try and go earlier in the week, but I've had success on 2 Fridays in a row, so it might be Friday again.
Old 05-26-2002, 09:58 PM
dizave

Default mmmm, blue :)

My decision to order the base model was strictly based on options. The only 2 options I wanted that the base model doesn't have are:

1. LSD - I could have jumped up to the Enthusiast model to get the LSD, but at an additional cost of $2000, I figured I'd hold out for a little while and get the NISMO LSD.

2. Ray's 18" Rims - If I can order these directly from Nissan for less than a set of Volk TE-37's, I will, otherwise I'm ordering a set of gunmetal 37's

The brembo's would have been nice, but I don't need em

-Dave
dave@global-image.com
Old 05-20-2003, 10:37 AM
ochinsan

Default color of base model

walked into the dealer and got a sivertone base model for 26,500 or 28,000 out the door. Only took two hours of bargaining to get it down that low. Now I imagine it would be easier to get it a little lower than I did. Go at the end of the month and shoot for 800 to a thousand over the dealers cost.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:20 PM
FrankieZZ

Default You Can Add Anything

You can add the metal pedals just as you can add the LSD and anything else . The standard LSD sucks! Go for a mechanical LSD . I got the base because I don't like the traction control ( I'm older an never have had it and don't want it now ) . I also , at the time , wasn't about to pay extra( for a standard transmission) for the model I wanted just to get the orange leather seats . The base has the potential to be an artist's canvas . You can do anything you want to it , using the $$$$$ you saved !By the way , I'm a silverstone owner , too! It is the best and most classical color of all ! You'll be glad you did 5 years from now !!!!!!

FrankieZZ
Old 05-20-2003, 01:23 PM
neo

Default Brick Base

Brickyard Base here... Love it!

Taking all that extra $$$ I did not waste on the upper models and will be doing the following.

1) Tint
2) Clear bra
3) Wheels
4) In-dash computer (DVD, MP3, GPS, touch screen)
5) Speakers, amps, etc...

Got it for $25,950 out the door with (taxes, tags, etc extra.)

Came with these options:

Aerodynamics Package
Aluminum Kick Plates
Floor Mats
Splash Guards
Trunk Mat

Last edited by neo; 05-20-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:49 PM
nmilsaps

Default Blue Base

Mine's a Daytona Blue base, just passed 1K miles this weekend. When I got mine, I choose between a black or blue. Had to go with the blue.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Mr B

Redline here and my plans were to deck out the Z with aftermarket parts so I didn't wanna waste my money on stuff I wouldn't need.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:34 PM
Pat1USMC

I have a base. Redline, w/ aero, splashguard, kickplates and mats for 26,500
Old 05-20-2003, 03:37 PM
stevew

Thumbs up

Base with aero, splashguards, alum.kickplates, mats, cargo net. No complaints, just grins. Oh, it's chrome silver. Might add the alum. pedals eventually.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love these posts! :)

You might not have noticed it, but this is almost one year old! Really brings back the memories, the anticipation and the aggravation waiting for any information on the cars. Thanks for digging this one up ochinsan and welcome to the board!
Old 05-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Slexis200

base silverstone over here.......
Old 05-20-2003, 06:38 PM
mb27

I own a Base Super Black z. Love it. A lot of car for the money, and I can add stuff like LSD when the cash somes in.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:36 AM
j's350z

Base CS... ordered 3/02 and received 10/02...... You see the upgrades...
Old 11-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Kyle

Silverstone Base

Change the wheels, plan on adding Nismo LSD, StopTech Brakes, Factory leather and pedals.

Quick Reply: What color is your Base Model?