Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

sigh... Z prices are too low.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:30 AM
DiscoLiveOpera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the next civic.. they did not make as many Zs no where near the civic amount.. sure, there will be ricer Zs more, but I mean do you see that many of the old model Zs around being drivin by kids? I don't know if the Z33 is special enough to attack kids more so then past Zs, the way the economy is, most kids cant afford it, and most kids I know that are getting out of school can not even find jobs.

But my Z is 1 of only 4 or 5 (that I know of) in my county of 48k people. Although, like I said in a past thread, my county is the poorest in the state, and most people (and kids) drive either civics or redneck pickup trucks. An I know all of the other Z drivers, all are older then me (I am 21 the one older then me is 30) and we all hate ricers and never use cheap duck tape mods, except one guy that has an ugly as sin front bumper kit..

Last edited by DiscoLiveOpera; 01-02-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 AM
SoldzMyZ

Won't high insurance be a hindrence? I am seeing more and more riced out Zs. Oh well. I'm keeping my car forever.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 AM
angelzhope720

Originally Posted by TRYNALIVEPRO
I don't think it'll be the next civic because not a lot of people can afford to NOT have back seats
Not just that but one good thing about high insurance premiums is that it weeds out many of those teenage kids. Even if they can afford the car, they simply wont be able to afford the insurance.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:36 AM
jray8

the price drops, the spirit lives on
Old 01-02-2009, 07:22 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
I guess it was bound to happen. The 350Z is going to become a car synonymous with teenage ricers.
Originally Posted by davidv
The 350Z was an exclusive club in 2004. Today we are constantly wrestling with 18 year olds and “What is the coolest shift ****?” threads. Such is life. Take it in stride.
Originally Posted by norapat01
our Z is going to be the next "civic", I'm telling you. but I don't think many kid will be able to mod them tastefully, though. Even though the price of a used Z is quite low, but the real authentic aftermarket parts for it like HKS, INGS, etc....cost quite a bit.
Agreed...

A couple threads for confirmation:

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...heap-mods.html
Originally Posted by Marcus93
So, I just got my Z and I'm itching to do something to it. Since I'm just a lad I don't have too much money.(Probably about 100 dollars or so)
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...ir-intake.html
Originally Posted by Sufferdajoy
So I've been researching through countless of threads and everyone generally leans towards keeping a stock air-box with a K&N drop in... Right... I needed to change it up a bit; perfectly summed up in this term...

"Home Depot Racing"

And before I get tons of criticism. a little about myself. i work part-time, go to a cal state full-time and pay all of my bills on my own behalf.... so please don't chew my a$$ up, for the lack of mutual respect i owe my car =]

I had no cash to stab a whole in my front bumper so i decided to find out how to re-route air from outside the car into my stock air-box....
Long Story short... i got an air-duct + aluminum tape to drive air into the box..

CHECK IT!

It looks ghetto.... but low end i feel a difference.... AND NO ITS NOT PERMANENT.
Lemme know what you think....
Old 01-02-2009, 07:36 AM
DML85

I don't know how people really don't expect to get flamed for **** like that
Old 01-02-2009, 09:18 AM
dsmZ

The people who agree with this thread should remember that you bought your Z because you loved it, not because younger people couldnt afford it. If you spend your whole life worrying, and trying to "out-do" an 18yr old's automobile then.... thats a problem. The more they rice out their cars the better yours will look
Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmZ
The people who agree with this thread should remember that you bought your Z because you loved it, not because younger people couldnt afford it. If you spend your whole life worrying, and trying to "out-do" an 18yr old's automobile then.... thats a problem. The more they rice out their cars the better yours will look
That was beautiful man [wiping a tear from my eye].
Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

Not all younger buyers are ricers. I'm not 18 but I'm a younger than most of the people on my350z at 21 and have no intentions to rice out my car. I think you learn with age and past cars that buying the cheapest parts its not the way to go. I've learned that the hard way. I just bought the Nismo .v2 full kit with 19 in Tenzo R version 2 mess wheels and will be sure to post pics when I get it installed and painted to clearify.

Originally Posted by angelzhope720
Not just that but one good thing about high insurance premiums is that it weeds out many of those teenage kids. Even if they can afford the car, they simply wont be able to afford the insurance.
Not really, because they can just go on parents insurance. I'm sure if they somehow managed to find a way to afford the Z, Their parents had something to do with it and would have no problem helping them with insurance too

Last edited by Ryan18Bailey; 01-02-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Steve-O Z33

I still enjoy my car but I see it coming to a point where some douche in a Z is going to get beside me at a light and end up sideswiping me for lack of driver ability when he tries to race me. That or kids are going to be trying to key the tasteful Zs or steal parts off of them more than people already do. I love my Z but I just hope people don't make me change my mind. I can see the potential for it to happen. That's more of the point I would like to make. I already have to leave my car at home a lot b/c of how much it gets messed with in parking lots.

I guarantee you that some of us are going to watch a young person run their Z off the road trying to show off in front of our Zs. Lets just hope that they don't take our Z out in the process. I've seen inexperienced people wreck them in cold weather and go across 3 lanes to hit a tree. This was before I ever had mine. It can always happen but I think the chances are about to go up.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmZ
The people who agree with this thread should remember that you bought your Z because you loved it, not because younger people couldnt afford it.
True, but no kids was an added bonus.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 AM
dsmZ

I still enjoy my car but I see it coming to a point where some douche in a Z is going to get beside me at a light and end up sideswiping me for lack of driver ability when he tries to race me. That or kids are going to be trying to key the tasteful Zs or steal parts off of them more than people already do. I love my Z but I just hope people don't make me change my mind. I can see the potential for it to happen. That's more of the point I would like to make. I already have to leave my car at home a lot b/c of how much it gets messed with in parking lots.

I guarantee you that some of us are going to watch a young person run their Z off the road trying to show off in front of our Zs. Lets just hope that they don't take our Z out in the process. I've seen inexperienced people wreck them in cold weather and go across 3 lanes to hit a tree. This was before I ever had mine. It can always happen but I think the chances are about to go up.
I guess i can agree with you on that, but i feel like that could happen with any car... more prone with a sports car (Z) yes, but everyone seems overly worked up about the situation.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 AM
350z Guy

Originally Posted by Robs_350Z
Whoa guys, I think you're putting too much thought into the idea that younger people are buying Z's and may rice them up ect. What ever happened to loving your Z for what it is and not for who else is driving it. But I do see where you're coming from. I don't want to see a 350z around every corner with knock off mods and crappy primer painted body kits anymore than the next z enthusiast.
+1

you tell them! i honest agree with you, this is only a prediction, i highly doubt teens could afford the Z, also you guys gotta factor in gas prices and insurance

teenagers with their lack of driving experience and high insurance rates, i high doubt parents would put out the money and buy them a Z you know? just too much

and i feel the next civic would probably be the scion tc, i see them every day
Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
350z Guy

hopefully the younger generation gets more mature and doesnt wreck something as wonderful as the Z, i hate to see such a nice car gone to waste by some idiots behind the wheel
Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

this topic ==
Old 01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
The guys who disagree are all the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK who have been here less than a year...........how ironic I say.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
The guys who disagree are all the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK who have been here less than a year...........how ironic I say.
+1

I lulz I that... And it seems like the newbs are the first to complain about things.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRYNALIVEPRO
I don't think it'll be the next civic because not a lot of people can afford to NOT have back seats
I agree. You can't fit that many Illegals in a 2 seater.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Coolest shift **** threads are a breeze compared to all the "drift kings" that are going to arise in 2009. It's just tough to see it come to this after a good run. I guess the good thing will be the rarity of the Z once all the 16 year old douche bags total them.

What is the coolest shift **** anyway?
amen there...not to mention all the guys "building their car for track use"
Old 01-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Those were the days when the Z meets were good now we have a bunch of wanna be thugs acting like morons at meets. I don't even pay attention to other Z's on the road anymore unless it properly modded.
another amen!

ultimately though, it is what it is. It wasn't an expensive car to begin with (some of us just made it so!), and as the value falls, it opens it up to the younger crowd. What can ya do. I saw it happen wiht the Datsuns too, and every other affordable performance oriented car. Nevertheless, there is still always that core audience than keeps the enthusiasm alive, even as the tools come around

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-02-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: sigh... Z prices are too low.