Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
GooDy151

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share the experience I had purchasing a set of Volk LE-37 from member TheBlackPearlZ. This is meant as a warning for anyone looking to buy these set of wheels.

The short story is I paid $2,500 via paypal and I never received my wheels, all I got was many different promises to ship and a fake tracking number. To this day (I paid on Dec. 18), I do not have wheels, or a refund. After the initial refund from him failed (not enough funds or something), I tried to call him from the phone number that I have been in contact with him and it was disconnected, so I am making this post.

The long story:

I saw that TheBlackPearlZ had a nice set of Volk LE-37 for sale, so I went ahead and made him an offer. After a while he accepted my offer so I sent payment (Dec. 18, 2008). A couple days after I sent full payment to him, he went ahead and bumped his for sale thread, I thought this was weird and it should have been my first warning, but I just shrugged it off because of his high positive itrader rating. After a few weeks I was completely in the dark about the status of the wheels, all I was told is that they were shipped, that's all (if you just dropped $2,500 on something you would be nervous to). After about the third week or so of not receiving the wheels he finally told me that he still had the wheels...He said that the address he sent them too was wrong (Note: I've made plenty of sales via my paypal account and no others have had issues sending to my verified address). At this point I opened a paypal dispute because as many of you know you only have a limited time to file a dispute, also, if you didn't know, filing a dispute is not a bad thing, it will not effect the account if it is removed. After I opened the dispute he told me that he is absolutely refusing to ship unless I dropped the claim (if you close a dispute you cannot reopen it). He kept trying to reassure me, telling me that I needed to trust him. I really just wanted the wheels, so I went ahead and closed the dispute. After about a week he sent me a tracking number telling me that the wheels were shipped via UPS (yay!) The tracking number he sent was 1z8f5p940243240384, which did not work. When I brought this to his attention and asked him to re-send it to me, he said he didn't have it anymore but assured me that they would be here on Saturday. At this point it's mid January and I am without wheels, wheel status, or money; so I called paypal and the guy I talked to said that he cannot re-open my dispute, but that he escalate a new one for me, but after this one no more. So now TheBlackPearlZ threatened to stop shipment of the wheels (you can't do that) unless I dropped the claim. I told him that all I wanted was a tracking number and I would immediately close the dispute, just like I did last time. He kept telling me that I needed to just trust his that the wheels were going to be there on Saturday. At this point I am just tired of his, so I ask for a refund, and tell him that if in fact the wheels to arrive on Saturday, that I will just keep them and immediately re-send him the money. He said that if I did not drop the claim, he will go have the wheels rerouted back to him, but I was firm and told him; No tracking number = No dropped claim. So he he finally refunded me my money and said that he had a wheels reshipped to him. Well, I get a notice from paypal that the refund he issued to me didn't go through because of insufficient funds or some such, so I immediately sent him a text message asking him what's up, but no response, so I called him and found out that the number had been disconnected.

So here I am; no money, no wheels, and very upset off. TheBlackPearlZ, if this is all some misunderstanding, then please just refund me my money.

Also, I am attaching some of the conversations that we had, and some of the paypal payment proof.

Well, thanks for taking the time to let me vent and wish me luck, $2,500 isn't exactly pocket change.
Attached Thumbnails Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ-picture-1.jpg   Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ-picture-1.jpg.jpg   Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ-picture-2.jpg   Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ-picture-4.jpg   Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ-picture-5.jpg  

Old 01-13-2009, 08:26 PM
godlike0104

Bring this into my threat and make a police report right away like all of us did
Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 PM
GooDy151

I just read your thread and I'm going through the links.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 PM
KenTuckyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get nervous when I do things like this through forums over far less money.
I remember this guys thread and I remember thinking yeah...., right.

Good luck at getting your funds and or your wheels.
It's sad that people have to play this type scam on members of a community.

This type of scam is plain criminal.

Last edited by KenTuckyZ; 01-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

I hope this hollister douche bag get what's coming to him
$2,500 - I would kill a mauh'fcker.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Zstealth

goody damn you got scammed too? wtf 2500 damn nexttime you need to ask me if you want some wheels.thats why i havent seen you around at meet lately.aight hope you get your money back..
Old 01-13-2009, 08:56 PM
GooDy151

What's really shitty is that I only reason I went through with this for so much money because he had such a high positive trader rating and such a high post count.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hmm
Old 01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
KenTuckyZ

I don't know that there is much that can be done, this type of thing happens so often and people just get screwed.

I never do any business like this with any one that I haven't actually spoken to for quite some time. I also make sure they are a well engrained member in the forum. So engrained that it would just ruin them if they got called out doing this type of trash.

Good Luck.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Sleeper01

Don't tell me this is from two years ago?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Sleeper01

The letter from pay pal says 09/3/06 as the transaction date
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
TheOtherRob

Are there any forum members that live in his area? Someone should take a stop on by and see whats up.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
norapat01

damn, how many ppl get scammed from this same set of wheel?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
banshee

Wow hasn't this guy been around for a while... I seem to remember him from a while ago... He's got the hottest gf I've seen on this forum... And now $2.5K of dishonest money...
Old 01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Originally Posted by GooDy151
What's really shitty is that I only reason I went through with this for so much money because he had such a high positive trader rating and such a high post count.

Lesson learned, high post count doesn't mean jack ****.
dunno about the trader rating tho...
Old 01-13-2009, 09:24 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

His location shows Ft. Bragg. You may want to find his CO there.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
godlike0104

He used exactly same strategy trying to stall us with some lame excuses, UPS errors, wrong address, weather delay, blah blah, god i wish this kid gets bashed crazy in jail.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Divergent13

Originally Posted by dave079
Man I hope this POS kid gets raped in prison
+1, what a scumbag kid.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM
GooDy151

Originally Posted by Sleeper01
The letter from pay pal says 09/3/06 as the transaction date
I don't know what happens with that but I just got this Email from paypal to day.

That might be the time when he joined Paypal.

here is the same pic with wider crop.
Attached Thumbnails Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ-picture-1.jpg.jpg.jpg  

Quick Reply: Scammer warning: TheBlackPearlZ