Clayjpeterson will take your money! DIRTBAG

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:07 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayjpeterson
umm wrong

1. jputzeh made a deposit for wheels.
2. Waited for 1.5 weeks no payment or status responds..
3. Sold the wheels to another buyer 4 days later.
4. Now you will not return the deposit to jputzeh? He really got 2 weeks of me not getting payment and waiting.
So you are going to charge jputzeh for “waiting?” Wouldn't hold up in court. Doesn't hold up here.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
So you are going to charge jputzeh for “waiting?” Wouldn't hold up in court. Doesn't hold up here.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 AM
NSN350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayjpeterson
that is the best laugh I had all day... Concave, I mean if it will make it better. He can come to me and pick up his deposit if he want it. But I will not make the time to withdraw money from my account and to refund his money...
how bout i go pick up HIS money for him and Ill send it to him?
OP are you ok with this?, because Ill do it, to help you out man.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:23 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by Kirk Lazarus
Omg quick! Make this into a 20 page thread!
GREAT ! A GODZILLA thread in the making.

The Godzilla Thread Police
Old 01-18-2009, 02:52 AM
utsadude

This applies...
Old 01-18-2009, 04:36 AM
AshMan
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

I think I would have kept the deposit until I sold the wheels. Once I sold the wheels I would have refunded it immediately. You waste my time? I waste your time.

As far as taking the time to pull 50 bucks out of your account... He transferred it through paypal which takes more time for me to log in than to transfer 50 bucks to someone. I could have done a transfer in the amount of time it took me to write this.

Jputzeh should clear this thread up. You knowingly put 50 bucks of your money out there & wasted this guys time. Why are you buying rims if you don't have the jack in the 1st place? It's 500 dollar rims. If you don't have 500 bucks then don't do anything about it until you have 500 bucks. I just paid 1300.00 for rims. I waited until I had the money. You're @ fault here too because now this clay guy is gonna have a thread negatively about him when it's really a gray area. You would have had your rims if the story started with " ok, I sent the 500+shipping to Paypal! Gimme my rims!" You could just dispute it through Paypal if you never got them.

Clay, you should pay him back... IF you're wanting a total unbiased opinion. I can see both sides of the argument. It's just the right thing to do. Karma has a way of getting back @ you from which I've learned in the past. Just remember that. I hope all of this helped out.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Fletch69z

I've sold enough things on e-bay and craigslist to know that people talk big and then are seldom able to actually purchase an item. I've never taken any deposits but I know that when I sold my last daily driver I almost got screwed because I was too nice. I talked to some folks that said they were going to buy the car but it was already to late that night to go to the bank. The woman said that she was busy the following day and then would go on the day after to the bank and then bring me cash. I went ahead and put a deposit down on my new DD the day after she said she was going to buy the car. Then the following day I get a call "I couldn't get a loan for it, " She never said anything about the loan and I was under the impression she was going to buy the car cash so now I don't have a buyer and I'm obligated to buy another car. If I'd taken a deposit in this case I don't think I would have refunded it because think of the spot I'm in because of her not fulfilling her part of the deal. In this case, it may be a little different but say that someone else had wanted the wheels and jputzeh had put this deposit and clay had held the wheels for him while the buyer that had the money bought another set of wheels, etc. I can see Clay's side of it and maybe if I hadn't had bad experiences before I would have said just give him his money back (and maybe in this case he should because he did end up selling the wheels) but he was inconvenienced and jputzeh did say he was going to purchase the wheels and then never paid. So, I could see it either way. I don't think Clay is a thief and I would tell jputzeh not to put deposits down on wheels that you can't buy.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:30 AM
SOZ

I've always thought deposits were not normally refundable. What you are doing is paying for a service. In this case it amounts to the seller holding something for you for X amount of days until you can get the necessary funds to complete the transaction. After X amount of days if you have not completed the sale, the seller has completed the service that you paid him for. It's the same as any other task you pay a person to do for you. The seller has, during the time of holding the item for you, passed up sales to people who could have given him the money but have now moved on and he is stuck with the item he wanted to sell. Seems to me you would be an asshat for expecting him to give the deposit back just because you couldn't uphold your end of the agreement. I've got to side with clayjpeterson on this one.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:44 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Clay, returning the money is not a big deal. You have no grounds to keep it or defend your actions.

J, you wrote a misleading thread. You have no grounds to keep it or defend your actions.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:07 AM
jputzeh

Last edited by jputzeh; 01-18-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:17 AM
JEKL

I think AshMan and SOZ make the most sense to me.

If I asked someone to hold off selling his rims to someone else that could actually afford $500, then missed the deadline that I established, never gave him an update then asked for a refund with no explaination, I would expect him to tell me to go **** myself.

Yes, it would be nice for the seller to refund the money. But under these circumstances I don't think he is a total piece of $hit like some are making him out to be.

I just want to see some ownership on the OP for not living up to his end of the arrangement. To start a post saying what a scammer this guy is without mentioning that he missed the deadline and offered no explaination before asking for his money back isn't fair to the seller.

Now if the OP got back to him and said that something has come up and he can not financially afford them and could the seller refund the deposit, I would feel different about it.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 AM
jputzeh

Old 01-18-2009, 07:24 AM
JEKL

J, did he sell the wheels before you were supposed to have paid him? Because that would make him a total scumbag.

Either way, he should have told you that he couldn't wait any longer and was going to sell them if he doesn't receive payment from you ASAP. (not sure if that happened or not)
Old 01-18-2009, 07:35 AM
jputzeh

Old 01-18-2009, 08:48 AM
gmic350z

its only fifty bucks!!the dude told you he was leaving for school and wanted to get it done,which is a nice way of saying stop the poorboy runaround and pay up!!which you didnt so just forget about the money and next time payup on time.its not like you guys know each other,your doing bussiness and should have acted on paying the dude when you said..50 dollar lesson on keeping your wordand acting responsible.thier are consequenses for not keeping your word...
Old 01-18-2009, 08:51 AM
J350z101

lame.

ive seen 50 dollars(in 1dollar bills) come out of my *** before.
not worth the time to even lose sleep... Dont make a deposit on something when you dont have the money to buy it when you say you do.. Yah even though the nice thing would be to do it give him his $ back... But .. =\
Old 01-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hraesvelg up in this mother *****!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Hraesvelg up in this mother *****!
Oh noes! Hide your children!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:12 AM