Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
michaeljr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blame obama
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLine 350z
I it doesn't matter on the age, but it is revelant to most "My Car Wrapped Around A Tree" thread. The reason why most people blame age is due to the driver's experience.
Age does matter in these events. There's a reason why age is blamed in such incidents... Younger people generally look for acceptance among their peers, either by trying to look cool or acting tough/invincible/careless. These characteristic mixed with a not-so-slow car... is not a good mix.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 AM
13ringinheat

The legendary rsx awaits the OP........

Remind me to send a thank you note to your dumb a$$ parents for buying you this car so that all our insurance rate goes higher.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

In Rules for posting on forum.. If you crash your Z don't post a threat about it, your most likely just going to get flamed
Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by Ryan18Bailey
In Rules for posting on forum.. If you crash your Z don't post a threat about it, your most likely just going to get flamed
Then my350z.com would get boring
Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down

In for the carnage.

To the OP: No worries, I'm sure your parents will buy you another car to fawk up. Maybe next time ask for an EVO so you don't make the rest of us Z owners look like idiots..

Side note: amazing how nearly all 4 of his chrome OEM's cracked, I thought this problem was only with the 17" dealer chromed versions.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
z-u-later

No, not all Zs are destined to be crashed, fortunately. In reading this thread, I can tell that you are young, inexperienced and immature.

Pavement markers are usually used to keep you on specific lanes. Most drivers do not go over these markers when accelerating from a stop light. Not usually . . .

Originally Posted by MrJoe87
I was getting on to the highway on ramp from at a stop light. The left turn towards the on ramp was unusually wide and the the intersection I had to cross was littered with these damn circular pavement markers. So while accelerating, through the intersection my tires started slipping on the markers, by the time I cleared the intersection and was on the on ramp my back tires had lost all control.
Your maturity level is obvious based on your account below after the accident.

I pretty much went into shock and spent the next 20mins screaming and spazing out until my father and the tow truck finally showed up and brought me home....
Are you blaming the tires for your accident?

I have those lame coopers, I never liked em...
Or, are you blaming the Z's technology for failing to overcome your lack of driving experience?

haha, something like that...my back tires lost all traction...I'm surprised the TCS never kicked, but if I remember correctly its VDC that handles that kinda of mess...
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM
arneltec

Originally Posted by 2fast4comfort
then we would hardly ever get to read any.

im just wondering when a teenager wrecks a Z does it effect insurance prices for every Z or just those driven by other teenagers. someone please tell me what i want to hear
The more Z's that are in wrecks, the worst the statistics get for all Z's.
The worst the statistics gets, the worst the rate gets. It doesn't matter what age they are. But at the same time, the more teeagers get in wrecks the worst the statistics gets for them which intern the worst the rate gets for teenagers. Insurance companies don't really care about anything but the statistcs.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 PM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Another DB bites the dust
Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 PM
rdjonesku

This is why the Dad should get the 350z and the kids should get a Kia...
Old 01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
gennosuke1

Originally Posted by DiscoLiveOpera
you are going to be seeing it allot more in the next year or 2
:

Last edited by gennosuke1; 01-22-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
clarkemtp

I pretty much went into shock and spent the next 20mins screaming and spazing out until my father and the tow truck finally showed up and brought me home....

Sorry to hear about your crash, though I'm happy to hear no one was hurt, but I have to ask...

In reference to the 20 minutes of screaming and "spazing out", how did that work out for ya?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Get_Zwole

Bought an 06 enthusiast no less than 6 months ago and I've already crashed my Z just this passed Tuesday

I was getting on to the highway on ramp from at a stop light. The left turn towards the on ramp was unusually wide and the the intersection I had to cross was littered with these damn circular pavement markers.
So while accelerating, through the intersection my tires started slipping on the markers, by the time I cleared the intersection and was on the on ramp my back tires had lost all control. I fish-tailed twice, did a 180, which spun me around and caused my rear left tire to smash against a brick wall. After the bouncing off the wall from the first impact, the front left end of my Z grinds against the wall causing me to spin once more.
After coming to a stop completely perpindicular to the lane, I quickly moved to car off to the side of the ramp (luckily it had a wide shoulder).

Thank god me and my friend were unhurt, but I had literally lost my mind at this point, being this my first accident, my first car, and first near death experience. I pretty much went into shock and spent the next 20mins screaming and spazing out until my father and the tow truck finally showed up and brought me home....

Anyways, here's the aftermath, poor Z... =(
Though you can't see it all of the rims cracked except the one the rear right
This really is one of the stupidest threads i have seen on this site. I wish you would have totaled your car so you wouldn't be on the road in a sports car anymore. This is the time when i usually come in and say, "glad you weren't hurt, learn from your mistakes etc."
I have to ask myself though, do i really mean this? I mean, would the world be a better place without an idiot of your stature driving around polluting the gene pool? More then likely yes it would be. Thats all i have to say.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
This really is one of the stupidest threads i have seen on this site. I wish you would have totaled your car so you wouldn't be on the road in a sports car anymore. This is the time when i usually come in and say, "glad you weren't hurt, learn from your mistakes etc."
I have to ask myself though, do i really mean this? I mean, would the world be a better place without an idiot of your stature driving around polluting the gene pool? More then likely yes it would be. Thats all i have to say.
Darwinism ftw
Old 01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
J350z101

+1 goes to Get_Zwole ! ;]

Last edited by J350z101; 01-22-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stl wrx
I just got my Z 2 months ago and appreciate it so much that I don't do stupid things in it or try to get myself killed. I've waited since 2003 to own one so I don't plan on messing that up. Also 27 years old with no tickets or accidents, I do not street race or act stupid. So my Z is not destined to be crashed unless it's someone else's carelessness on the road. I also have a 300whp WRX that's never been abused like most would of that power and has only seen the dragstrip very few times... It's expensive to mod these cars and even more to fix them!
I'll never understand why people buy sports cars, mod them, and don't drive the hell out of them. It's like buying a Veyron, and just cruising downtown 25MPH... Waste of a car.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by mcarther101
I'll never understand why people buy sports cars, mod them, and don't drive the hell out of them. It's like buying a Veyron, and just cruising downtown 25MPH... Waste of a car.
I redline my car like once a week if that . I didnt buy the car to drive it like i stole it.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
cpham4

This kid has been bashed so bad I thought I'd join in..

"Wow what are these white things in the road? Why are there so many? Oh well lets drive over them instead of the regular road. Oh crap my tires suck wtf? Mom! Dad! Come get me I am like totally freaking out. I don't know what happen.. dam these tires!"

But yea I really do feel bad for you. What do your peers think of you now?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM
zman600

yelled till his mom and dad came...lololololololololol

Quick Reply: Are all Z's destined to be crashed?!