2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So let me ask you guys...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 AM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So let me ask you guys...

should i just end the sale for the hoodies and not even bother so i can just shoot straight to the new shirts??? theyre cheaper and have more functionality than the hoodies do...

s'up to you guys
Old 01-22-2009, 08:58 AM
jray8

no poll? i want a hoodie!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 AM
DracoLancet04Z

i wish i knew what sale your talking about, i could use a new hoodie
Old 01-22-2009, 09:52 AM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

Originally Posted by DracoLancet04Z
i wish i knew what sale your talking about, i could use a new hoodie
lol...oi u kids sometimes

http://dorkidori.com/group_buys/fm_hoodie.html
Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Brrcats

honestly, I really like your shirts, I occasionally try to wear mine even though it shrank like a ****. But the price on these hoodies is pretty high
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

Originally Posted by Brrcats
honestly, I really like your shirts, I occasionally try to wear mine even though it shrank like a ****. But the price on these hoodies is pretty high
ive found that the more you wear them and wash them...the LESS they shrink...i wear the **** outta my own (like 4-7 times before i wash them the 1st time...and the same between the 1st and 2nd wash) and they dont shrink ne more

i wonder if it has anything to do with hardwater and softwater effecting the shirts in the laundry...we have hardwater here in vegas and things tend not to shrink all that much
Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's not against the forum rules for vendors, you should provide a link in your sig.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think a picture of the actual product might help you out in generating interest. I look at those lame build-a-shirt/hoodie pictures and am not interested in the slightest.

I can't be the only one that feels that way.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 PM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

Originally Posted by Kirk Lazarus
If it's not against the forum rules for vendors, you should provide a link in your sig.
i was trying to set that up this morning but my browser kept locking up at work when id hit save signature...ill do it when i get home today
Old 01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13
i was trying to set that up this morning but my browser kept locking up at work when id hit save signature...ill do it when i get home today

It'll provide a quick, easy to find link that people can check out even if you don't advertise them.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

Originally Posted by Entaille
I think a picture of the actual product might help you out in generating interest. I look at those lame build-a-shirt/hoodie pictures and am not interested in the slightest.

I can't be the only one that feels that way.
ah yes...there in lies a problem...i dont premake the product before i have them sold initially because it is COMPLETELY random as to what sizes and colors people are going to order...and i dont like extra product sitting around thats not selling...everything you guys order from me is made to order which means i dont have a load of smalls sitting around that no one is going to order...or a load of 2XLs that i sell maybe one or two of a month

and im sorry my "lame" build-a-shirt/hoodie pictures dont work for you (not being snippy with you so please dont take it that way) but if you go take a look at my website (www.dorkidori.com) and look in the customers pics section...you will notice how closely the actual tees turn out to look like the artwork...or take a trip over to my myspace page (www.myspace.com/dorkidoriclothing) and take a look in the "printed shirts" section...youll see that i keep true to what i show u guys

here are a few examples of hoodies and tees ive done compared to the artwork...

350z 01 Shirt:
artwork:

printed tee:

G35 Coupe 01 Shirt:
artwork:

printed tee:

180sx 02 Shirt:
artwork:

printed tee:

i apologize i dont have any pics of my S13 hoodies close up...the only thing ive got on the web right now thats decent is a pic from the photoshoot i had done with my car a few weeks back

and if you have any questions about the quality of my tees and the printing on them...please ask forum members who have purchased from me in the past...or take a trip over to chicagoz.com and talk to the guys over there...theres over 100 people on that forum who own either my Z or G tees

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 01-22-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 AM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

so if anyone wants to pick up a hoodie for me to put them into production...u got til sunday night...otherwise im just gonna put up the new Z33 and G35 shirts
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

just examples like that showing customers what the product turns out as can be good. it is a huge gamble to order something without seeing the finished product. it may be a flaw in your business that can make sales harder to achieve, but perhaps you could sell demo products half of as a way to get the initial advertisement rolling?

your business, my two cents. : )
Old 01-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Brrcats

Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13
ive found that the more you wear them and wash them...the LESS they shrink...i wear the **** outta my own (like 4-7 times before i wash them the 1st time...and the same between the 1st and 2nd wash) and they dont shrink ne more

i wonder if it has anything to do with hardwater and softwater effecting the shirts in the laundry...we have hardwater here in vegas and things tend not to shrink all that much
yeah I dont know, I was trying to keep it clean since it was white, oh well.

but I love the shirt, great quality material, both the shirt and the graphic. So if anyone is hesitant about the quality dont be, its nice stuff and doesnt look cheap or made by some dud in his basement.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:02 PM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

Originally Posted by Entaille
...but perhaps you could sell demo products half of as a way to get the initial advertisement rolling?
only problem with that is screens are not cheap (it costs me about 22 bux a screen to burn them)...so for me to take a gamble in burning the screens with my only intentions being to test market them and maybe sell 5-10 shirts can be very hazardous to my business account

but i will be sure to post more pics in my threads of my actual finished items (like the ones above)...you did have a very good point that ive been over looking (im just so use to selling to forums that already have a ton of people with my tees that can EASILY vouch in all of my threads that i tend to forget not everyone has seen my tees in person and knows the quality of the product i release)

and just so you guys know for future reference...dorkidori clothing consists of ME and only me running it...i do all of the billing, packing, order processing, artwork, marketing etc etc...the only outside people i work with are my screen printers and they too are a very small shop (shop consists of 2 people)
Old 01-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

I would be a lot more likely to buy one if they print wasnt so... aggressive (not the word im looking for but you get the idea).

Id be down for a more low key subtle design like an outline or something.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Subninja
Banned

I would rock a hoodie..lol
Old 01-23-2009, 06:23 PM
FastBrickZ

U can't make pullover hoodies?I would buy one if u did for some reason I don't like zip-up hoodies...
Old 01-24-2009, 01:46 AM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

Originally Posted by FastBrickZ
U can't make pullover hoodies?I would buy one if u did for some reason I don't like zip-up hoodies...

well i doubt i will be offering this hoodie at all...ive only gotten 3 orders for them in the week theyve been up...unless i get 7 more by tomorrow night when i do my ordering list for the week...im going to be refunding the hoodie orders and bring out the new Z and G shirts instead
Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 PM
dorkidori_s13
Banned

if you guys wanna pick up a new G35 02...click the link in my sig or the links below (premier members only for the 2nd link)

http://dorkidori.com/group_buys/fm_shirts.html

http://g35driver.com/forums/group-bu...-anywhere.html

im closing this thread now