2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2 years and finally....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 AM
DukeEntDotCom
blah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
^ yeah but thats just the thing. I don't want the plate at all to be on the car out front. It takes away from the look big time.

My buddy DUKE has that bracket, and although it cuts the corner of not drilling, just won't look right in my eyes.
I think it looks better centered in the grill vs. in the bumper partially covering the grill.

If I weren't in NJ, I wouldn't even have the front plate at all!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:06 PM
johns350

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
I do my own inspections so thats how i passed.
Own inspections? Meaning - you pay someone to give you the sticker I assume?

Whatever - I agree with the rest of your statements - it seems to me police generally track/approach cars from the rear. Is the front place necessary in case the perp is chasing the cop? LOL
Old 01-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johns350
Own inspections? Meaning - you pay someone to give you the sticker I assume?

No, im authorized as an ERT/ERF to repair failed vehicles, and i also inspect/reinspect vehicles at my shop.

Emissions Repair Technician/Emissions Repair Facility

I did however receive a Memo through my Fax stating that i am able to pass a vehicle not sporting a Front plate. So in other words i over looked my own.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Parker01

Yup he was just doing his job, you know you're breaking the law so you can't blame him lol.

I agree the front plate takes away from the looks and function in some cases. Therefore I am pushing 2.5 years now with no front plate! So far luck has been on my side in regards to not having the plate; I got pulled over for speeding and I think the officer just never realized it wasn't there. The only time a cop mentioned it was when I when through a ride program (police check stop thing to make sure you not drunk etc..., you guys likely have a different term for it). It was a female officer, I thought I could stay close to the car infront of me so they wouldn't notice or think to look, but the car took off quite fast and there was my plane bumper out in the open. I saw her look right at it 'damn it!'. So I started the small talk with her right away to get her mind off of it, it seemed to be working but she was too quick and asked about it. She asked where it was, "in my trunk" i said with a smirk, then she asked how long has it been like that? "to be honest 2 years or more" again with a smirk lol. She then made me aware that the fine was $110 and that I should put it back on asap, and to have a goodnight! It still isn't on, I was just praying she wouldn't recognize me a couple days later hah!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Rodeo

I went about four months without a front license plate before getting nailed in VA.....I finally picked up one of those brackets that screw into your front tow hook.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by urbanchaos
oklahoma = no front plate
and i love it
Old 01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No front plate required in AZ either. Originally being from WA state where they are required I understand how much it sucks for those of you in states that require them. Really detracts from the look of modified cars IMO.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Man,

I got the stillen front license plate mount. I'll stop by today after work if you want to take a look. I'm assuming it's just like the zee bracket, but it bolts right into the tow hook.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM
GenPac

Nevada, same as AZ, no front plate required.

California on the other hand... not only do you need a licence plate bracket on the front, you absolutely have to have an actual licence plate and not a 'vanity' plate (non-DVM authorized)
Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM
coolblue830

I think I read someone on this forum saying how he kept his front plate and the actual brackets and install gear in his car so when he got pulled over he'd just say yeah I know, look I just bought all the stuff and was on my way home to install it and he always got off the hook lol.

I think I'm gonna try that after I get my ride back from getting fixed. I actually got in a fenderbender and rearended someone so I'm gonna keep my bent up front plate in my car with a bracket and just tell any officer that I'm waiting for a replacement plate and I have my bracket ready to go once I get it
Old 01-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Dr. Venture

Haha!! good one.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 AM
NewOrleans350z

Poor guys.....move somewhere that does not require the front plate.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Dr. Venture

I sometimes think that back in the day the dan Pilgrims left the Euro Lands due to to many rules and they wanted to escape. I've come to the realization that Most states here in our country is much worse. Probably cause there are dumb *** people living here, but come on!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 AM
07rdsterGT

For 3 years I didn't have one on my 3000GT. I got pulled for speeding in PWC Virginia and got off with a fix it ticket for the plate. Again, I was pulled for speeding, not my missing plate and got off with no speeding ticket, just a FTDT. So in the case it helped me out.

I got pulled one morning for no front tag in the 350Z on 66e HOV2 when I was late for work. Maybe the 5th time in my life that I used the HOV2 without a passenger. Anyways, he pulled me for no front tag; he had no clue until he walked up to the car that I didn't have a passenger. So in this case, it just screwed me more.

Anyways, I still have no front tag and don't plan on it either.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
03green350z
drift or die

im getting a new bumper on my z and i talked about not wanting to put the plate on it . My buddy says he just keeps his on his dashboard. If he gets stopped for it he just says he heard someone got there sticker takin off of they license plate and does not want his takin off . Said it worked for him...
Old 06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03green350z
im getting a new bumper on my z and i talked about not wanting to put the plate on it . My buddy says he just keeps his on his dashboard. If he gets stopped for it he just says he heard someone got there sticker takin off of they license plate and does not want his takin off . Said it worked for him...
Dude you live in VA and they will pop you like popcorn for no frt tag.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
juju

So glad I don't live in a state with this law. Although GA's window tint law sucks ;[
Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
itsamyZ!

I live in texas and i dont put the front plates on my cars. I get pulled over, they give me a ticket and i put the thing on the car get the ticket removed and remove the plate again. No fine just a bit of time down at the courthouse. They wont pull you over for just that usually somethingn else (like speeding) then they have the option to give me a fix it ticket instead of a real ticket.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
tanabe350z

Originally Posted by itsamyZ!
I live in texas and i dont put the front plates on my cars. I get pulled over, they give me a ticket and i put the thing on the car get the ticket removed and remove the plate again. No fine just a bit of time down at the courthouse. They wont pull you over for just that usually somethingn else (like speeding) then they have the option to give me a fix it ticket instead of a real ticket.
i live in texas and have never gotten a ticket or warning for not having a front plate
Old 06-02-2009, 04:00 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodeo
I went about four months without a front license plate before getting nailed in VA.....I finally picked up one of those brackets that screw into your front tow hook.
Originally Posted by superchargedg
Dude you live in VA and they will pop you like popcorn for no frt tag.
The Draconian Communistwealth of Virginia will hunt you down if you don't have a front plate. So instead of even risking getting pulled by a storm trooper for no front plate, I got the Z-Bracket installed when I bought the car.

OP: just get the bracket. You will get over the looks.

Quick Reply: 2 years and finally....