Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

And there went my car....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 07:38 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging from picture 7 it looks like you pulled a "George Lucas".

Those are insane pictures...I'm wondering what that woman across the street is telling the little boy she is with.

I'm glad you made it out alive....because if I was cruising by an accident like yours I would only expect the worst.

By the way...What was the house owner's reaction when they discovered they had such a beautiful ornament on their tree?

The Z looks fixable...good luck though.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:59 PM
OUCH
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I will prolly get flamed for this but.... oh ****ing well.. I don't feel sorry for you at all, infact I find it very funny that you did such a moronic thing and your parents too are stupid for buying you a very fast car.. I guess they wanted you dead huh Oh well.. I say get another Z and put a Turbo on it this time... Or better yet what about a Bad as$ 'Stang Cobra or a Z06
Old 09-03-2003, 09:08 PM
ckny

Originally posted by OUCH
Well I will prolly get flamed for this but.... oh ****ing well.. I don't feel sorry for you at all, infact I find it very funny that you did such a moronic thing and your parents too are stupid for buying you a very fast car.. I guess they wanted you dead huh Oh well.. I say get another Z and put a Turbo on it this time... Or better yet what about a Bad as$ 'Stang Cobra or a Z06
try thinking next time before you say something so asinine.

redcomet: glad to hear you're okay and the attitude you've projected in this post is much more mature than i would normally expect of a 17 yr old who's parents bought him a relatively expensive car. this isn't the end of the world and i'm sure we've ALL had some close calls here and there. good luck with everything.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:14 PM
OUCH
Banned

Originally posted by ckny
try thinking next time before you say something so asinine.
Why do I have to be nice and feel bad for him? When it's HIS FAULT that his car ended up where it's at? He should've know punching the gas when the road is wet especially when you're making a turn means YOU WILL LOSE TRACTION! Yet he did it anyway.. It's almost as dumb as Pointing a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger... And wondering why it killed you.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:25 PM
breakerboy

Stop talking sh*t, First of all, don't judge anyone...accidents can happen to anyone at any time..obviously looking back on the incident he learned a very valuable lesson and would never think of doing anything like that or putting himself in that type of situation ever again. After reading this thread and seeing the pictures it reminded and humbled me to the fact that I'm driving a very powerful sports car, and **** like this happens. I'm thankful that he posted what he posted and shared what he shared..I too am 17 and have had my car for about 6months, seeing all this will surely make me a safer driver by reminding me how horrible it is to get in an accident that could be prevented...

U know what I say, if thats all u can come up with to say, there is no place for u here on the boards.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:31 PM
nooooorb

Sorry to hear (read) about your accident. Glad you're OK.

However, I would agree with OUCH on some points, crude as he may seem. [Hind sight is wonderful, isn't it?] It seems from the pictures that you'll get your Z back. We certainly hope you learned from this ordeal. Learn your car and know what it can and cannot do.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:44 PM
ckny

Why do I have to be nice and feel bad for him? When it's HIS FAULT that his car ended up where it's at? He should've know punching the gas when the road is wet especially when you're making a turn means YOU WILL LOSE TRACTION! Yet he did it anyway.. It's almost as dumb as Pointing a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger... And wondering why it killed you.
"i guess they wanted you dead huh "

it's called tact.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:38 PM
mycatspot

Funny, if this were a 70 year old man driving a Buick, there would be a super long thread on how old people shouldn't drive. Yet, since most people on this forum are really young they sympathise with this guy.

This is the same guy who was complaining about $9000 a year insurance. Then it came out that his parents were paying for the car and the insurance and this forum ripped him a new one. But he said he "earned" it because he has good grades or some crap like that.

Bottom line, a $30K sports car should not be driven by (not to mention given to) a teenager! I really hope you learned a lesson here RedComet. If you did you'll trade in that Z for a used Honda civic.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:03 PM
KONVERTER

man.. sorry to hear about your accident...

it looks like you went into that turn at about 30MPH and then floored it after that and lost it as 2nd gear was starting to push the RPM..

you hit that tree at probably mid 30's PMH wize...

glad you are ok though... but you learn with mistakes unfortunatly... if this were in a front wheel drive car you would have gotten away with it...

did you hit the breaks or just try to turn out of it?
Old 09-03-2003, 11:06 PM
SweatyPalm

Originally posted by mycatspot
Funny, if this were a 70 year old man driving a Buick, there would be a super long thread on how old people shouldn't drive. Yet, since most people on this forum are really young they sympathise with this guy.

This is the same guy who was complaining about $9000 a year insurance. Then it came out that his parents were paying for the car and the insurance and this forum ripped him a new one. But he said he "earned" it because he has good grades or some crap like that.

Bottom line, a $30K sports car should not be driven by (not to mention given to) a teenager! I really hope you learned a lesson here RedComet. If you did you'll trade in that Z for a used Honda civic.
Well put....I couldn't agree more. A punk kid just called me immature or insensitive. Look at the pictures, the driver was definitely going a lot faster than residential speed limit.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:49 PM
zuff

There is nothing wrong with a teenager driving a Z... get over it!

What is wrong with this picture is that he and his parents didn't even ever consider getting him lessons on road handling and how to drive a sports car.

I've seen a number of capable teen race drivers so that arguement is just not valid. They just need to spend time on the track and figure out what works and what doesn't.

I bet this accident was caused by him turning off VDC/traction control just so he could have fun.
It's dumb things like that that magazines write up and kiddies try to follow through with.

IN the end the kid is acting his age it's his parents who should have kept tabs on his maturity and experience.

Anyway good to hear it was just mechanical damage.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:40 AM
xray

Originally posted by RedComet
You know you're in Deep Sh*t when MR T. comes to tow your car.

-xray
Old 09-04-2003, 02:46 AM
KONVERTER

Originally posted by xray
You know you're in Deep Sh*t when MR T. comes to tow your car.

-xray
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good one!!!!

Old 09-04-2003, 05:48 AM
CarFanatic

I'm sure the car can be fixed, and you will be back out there cruisin around again.

My best advice to you would be to find your local autox events and start participating in them. I started when I was 19 racing my civic for 3 years. Getting involved in autocrossing and being around the people that are involved in it, has helped me learn alot as well as become a lot smarter and safer driver. It alows you to race and have fun in a safe envionment as well as learn about driving. When I first bought my z I was sacred to death since it was rwd, but the more I drive it and the more autox events I do in it the more comfterable I feel with the car.

good luck!

Last edited by CarFanatic; 09-04-2003 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:06 AM
marhot

Default Sorry...

My sympathies.

Sounds as there is some good that has come from your bad experience…

First, you were able to walk away. Unfortunately , over the last year, as has been posted here and other sites, people have been killed in stupid accidents involving Zs.

Secondly, no others, i.e. innocent bystanders, were hurt.

Finally, seems you have maturated a lot in a short time. You have learned a valuable lesson cheap. Seems you‘ve learned more than most people twice your age haven’t.
‘… Just knowing that there could have been a kid on a bike, or someone walking along and I could have killed them. It’s too much. I guess it took me to have this accident to realize what a weapon a car really is, and how dangerous they can be….

Unfortunately I’ve lost both friends and close family in auto accidents. Stupid accidents caused by mistakes. It just takes a split second of not respecting what a car can do at speed, any speed, even low speed as your discovered. Yes, you are ‘… extremely lucky to have not been injured, and even more lucky to have not hurt anyone else …”. And you are a better man for recognizing that fact. You are blessed.

Do not leave the forum, regardless if you get another Z or not. We need more people like you on the forum regardless of your age or what kind of vehicle you drive.

My advice for a car for you: go for something FWD, like a Civic Si or an RSX.

Good luck with your future. Peace.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:51 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Sorry to hear about your accident. Thanks for posting the pics too. I could just see all those cops standing around talking sh*t about how this stupid kid wrecked his Z. I can remember when I was your age and spun my car the first time....luckily I didn't hit anything. It was an awful feeling being out of control. It hasn't happened since. It's called experience. You learn from it. I'll bet you will be 100 times more careful now. Glad to hear nobody was hurt.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:46 AM
bixby

Not totaled. maybe 10 or 12k damage though. No way is it a total loss.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:58 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I donno if anyone else has found this yet, but I find the Z doesnt take kindly to poor roads. it floats over humps, and jitters in the cracks. makes for a very dangerous and uneven power distrobution.

this would include rain.

if the road isnt perfect, I dont dare put it up to full throttle, with the LSD pushin both wheel I hit little bumps and one tire starts pushing harder than the other. gets squirelly real quick.

I donno how flat the road was, but if there was any manholes, cracks or anything, theres a good chance that was enough to throw the car out of balance on you.

and TCS/VDC is great, but sometimes, break whatever you want, a car will still follow the laws of physics. since he didnt do a 360 from what I read, the car was never truely out of control, I think the driver just wasnt in control; thatd be inexperience, but I dont see how now is the time to bash him on it. he fessed up to his crime and when your 17 if you didnt do something like this you didnt experience alot.

I did it a few months ago for those that remember, I was 19 at the time tho atleast, taken some racing classes, I had raced, driven for 4 years. sometimes testosterone gets the best of you.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:14 AM
SirMikel1

Hey there.. thanks for the kind words.. I'm really really sorry to hear what happend to your Z. But the good news is that you're alright and no one else was hurt, that's what matters. No matter what car you're in, driving is a big responsibility and it could have happened in any car. So i don't think the type of car is an issue. Everyone makes mistakes and we learn from them. You'll get over it soon enough and be back on the road with more experience from what's happened. Hopefully you'll stick with the Z
Old 09-04-2003, 12:52 PM
ZRated03

Ok.. So I scrolled down to the 1st picture and had to just stop. All I can say is.. wow.. Dude, your lucky to be able to walk away from something like that. I feel for ya man, truely a sad sight to see a Z in that condition. Atleats your all set physically tho, fix the Z and get back on the road. Just remember.. Next time drive the car, don't let the car drive you.

- Joe

Quick Reply: And there went my car....