Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Info/Suggestions/Help on Trading my 07 HR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll buy the wheels =)
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 AM
A.H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingBaby
I feel for you right now man...I know with all that extra horsepower you wanna control it...I hope you can swap out somehow...
Yea, it's kinda bugging me. Auto itself with my VB upgrade is actually pretty fun and raw but what kills me is not the auto but just thinkign about how uch i'm missing out with the stick....And all I want is to get every bit of extra contorl I can. Is that so much to ask for And I have these wants to swap out my tranny for a manuel one after I drive a buddies car that stick which reminds me what i'm missing out on
Old 03-10-2009, 05:22 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

It would probably be cheaper to do a swap to a 6mt. Find the parts and you are done. Many Z32 owners do this.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:22 AM
A.H

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
It would probably be cheaper to do a swap to a 6mt. Find the parts and you are done. Many Z32 owners do this.
Then i have to find someone to do the swap, that won't rape me on labor, and won't make my car blow up And where do i even go for parts?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Find a wrecked 07+. They are out there. It costs around $1000-1200 for the swap on a Z32.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 03-10-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
ROM350Z

Maybe this is irrelevant but the auto to manual swap is done very successfully on bmw's, especially e36 m3's. Lots of people buy auto M3's cuz they're found at killer deals and swap them to manual transmissions. I dont see why it shouldnt be a success on a 350z. I doubt its much more complex then a e36 m3, but i may be wrong....
Old 03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I was in the same spot as you arsh, but i decided its just way too much of a hassle. I'll stick with what ive got until the opportunity to get a new car comes.

i want your valve body + cash for my stock
Old 03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by ROM350Z
Maybe this is irrelevant but the auto to manual swap is done very successfully on bmw's, especially e36 m3's. Lots of people buy auto M3's cuz they're found at killer deals and swap them to manual transmissions. I dont see why it shouldnt be a success on a 350z. I doubt its much more complex then a e36 m3, but i may be wrong....
There shouldn't be much to it at all. Find a used 6mt, possibly different drive shaft, and mounts, shifter, interior console parts, clutch & Flywheel and that's it. If it's like the Z32, you don't even have to replace the ECU, just jump a wire across to fix that.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
johnnyblaze007

I have seen an after market paddle shifter kit for the auto z before. That might keep your urge for a stick until you pay off your current z and can trade to a manual. Here is a link to it.
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...or&prodid=2835
Old 03-10-2009, 11:07 PM
henry j

Originally Posted by A.H
Yea, it's kinda bugging me. Auto itself with my VB upgrade is actually pretty fun and raw but what kills me is not the auto but just thinkign about how uch i'm missing out with the stick....And all I want is to get every bit of extra contorl I can. Is that so much to ask for And I have these wants to swap out my tranny for a manuel one after I drive a buddies car that stick which reminds me what i'm missing out on

which i will not be doing again!! haha jp you can drive it anytime!

but after reading all this, the best idea would be this: first find the car you want to buy exactly.. then unmodd you car, sell/trade it in, then you are all ready to buy the car you found. plus finding the car you want to buy will modivate you alott on unmodding and selling your car alot faster! GL bro dont waste time get it done

Last edited by henry j; 03-10-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Your buyers remorse is understandable but you should really look at what you're facing financially:

Your exisiting loan will need to be taken care of, and at the price you paid it will be difficult to find someone who both had no money down at purchase price and is at a similar price point as you.

You would essentially need to swap a loan with somone else (which I can't see happening in this current financial market).

If you go back to stock and try to sell off your parts you will end up upside down on your loan (owing more than the car is worth). If you were to trade it in to the dealer you could finance a lower priced Z, but you're still liable for the $40K (minus any payments since you purchased it), plus financing charges for the new car.

(Financially speaking) I think you should keep the Auto and not obsess over the MT, but as an enthusiast I know that is harder said than done.

Arsh feel free to PM me directly with anymore questions you have since I went through something similar when I traded in my nearly- new Xterra for my current Z.

Last edited by Waiz; 03-18-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
ufoz8mycow

First off, you made a sh!tty deal when you bought your car.

$800 a month for a Z??????? The only thing I'd ever pay that much money a month for has a Porsche crest on the hood.

Second, the car isnt yours to trade if its not paid off. So what needs to happen before you can transfer the title is either you pay it off and become the owner, or the new owner pays it off in cash. If the new owner has to finance it as well, then their lender needs to approve them for a loan amount that is way more than the car is worth. You still owe over $35k on this car, and its definitely not worth that much anymore.

So basically... Good luck. Your best option is to just trade it in to the dealer, then buy a 6MT and end up biting a huge bullet because you'll be really upside down on your current loan.

Or you can just swap the tranny over into this car which will probably end up costing you waaaaaaaaay less than all the shenanigans above.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Gag83

^ your an idiot have some respect for other people's decision
Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Maresh@Blackline
Vendor - Former Vendor

i did an auto to 5MT swap in a 1998 honda prelude. it was hell. i cant even imagine in the Z. if u insist, just stock the car out, sell, pay off loan, buy another Z with a loan, and put parts back on. problem is if you dont have all your stock parts sitting around, you have to now buy them
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
migy28

yea
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

part it sell it or trade it. kinda like everyone has said already. automatic ftboring!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Ksi

yo why not just swap the tranny?

Originally Posted by A.H
First I want to appologize if this is in the wrong section, didn't think trading fit into the buying/leasing category. Second, i want to appologize for the long read. And just to be clear, this isn't a For Trade thread, i'm just asking for help on how i would set one up. Thank you for your time/help

Ok so as most of the HR community knows, I have invested a good amount of money into my car, which I love btw, but the one thing that really bothers me and doesnt' allow me to enjoy it to it's full potential is that it is an AUTOMATIC!!!

And I don't want a 370 or can i afford one, so i wanted to trade my car with a forum member for a 2007 Magnetic Black Touring w/ navi (just like mine) except in a 6mt variant. Of course 08 woudl work too as it's the same car, just need similiar mileage and i'm around 17000 flat right now.

Here are my mods:
5AT | 318.2 WHP | 264.1 WTQ | GTM Valvebody Upgrade | Technosquare Reflash | Fast Intentions Intimidator | Fast Intentions Reasonated Test Pipes | Stillen 304 Stainless Steel Headers | Injen Dual Intake | Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley | Samco Sport Hoses | Volk Racing Ce28n Time Attacks | Michelin PS2 295/255 | Hotchkis Sway Bars | KW Variant 3 Coilovers | Stillen Grounding Kit | JL Audio Speakers/Subwoofers/Amplifiers | CinCity Designs Headlights | Philips 6000K Bulbs | Blitz Rear Spoiler | Amuse Sides | Nismo V2 Front |

I have always babied my car like no there was no toamrrow but I just always wanted a manuel but got the auto for traffic but I don't care anymore, I want stick I also plan on eventually going turbo and although I love my car as it is right now, I feel like i would have more fun if it was a stick.

So here is where I need help....

I have no idea how this is going to work....I don't even know how the financial stuff would work out if you trade your car with a friend? I got my car for 34,500 without tax etc... and 40 OTD with the extended warranty. I put 0 down and have been paying payemns since May of 2007 at 800ish a month. Still got quite a bit of payments to go but need help on how this trade would work?

Also for the trade, I want to keep every single mod I have on my car currently and move it over to the car I trade with, except I guess some things are negotiable. Probably(idk yet) won't bother uninstalling the headers for example cause that woudlnt' be worth it to uninstall and reinstall again.

But do you guys think the trade woudl be fair both ways if we both have similair mileage and trim but beacuse I have an auto with a GTM valvebody and extended warranty(about 4K more than stick) that the guy pays for swapping the parts from car to car plus $1000? I would have a forum member do all the uninstalls and installs so I think it would cost less than 1000 to swap everything.

I'm just really lost on this matter but have my heart set out on a stick. ANd from what my salesman tells me, a lot of people trade in their cars cause they can't deal with stick in la traffic so I'm hoping someone is down to swap.

I would appreciate anyone's input on how I would set up my future For Trade thread and what way I would go about it. Thx a lot guys

And for those that don't know what my car looks like:

-Arsh
Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
A.H

Originally Posted by Nexx
part it sell it or trade it. kinda like everyone has said already. automatic ftboring!
It's not thaaat boring

I think I decided to just deal with it, because I dont' want to pay 8k for a swap from GTM and I dont' want to deal with the loans and parting out.

And I just saw pics of the new Nismo 370z and I'm just in love. All it needs is a new spoiler and it'll look great stock. And the bolt-on performance will be amazing from what I've seen so far. The best part about it though is that all this power will be via a 6speed manuel with syncro-rev

Will keep my 350z for my daily though, I still love this thing to death
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Mamounas123

ur better off man doing a waiting if your goin to do turbos and do a manual conversion with the turbo install. Its not worth trading your car condisering you have so much investment in the car.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 PM
eddiebrock71

Automatics are cool. Stick shifts are nice too. I had a stick G35, and had some issues like others in the 350z forum. Although it was fun, the automatic has no issues and is fully covered under warranty. Manuals even on new vehicles are not fully covered under warranty, as they are wear and tear. And most of the time if you take it to the dealer they will tell you that you damaged it because you dont know how to shift.
Now if the tranny was a Tremec 6 speed or something like a US heavy duty tranny, I would love to have one in my 350z, but they shift no where like a vette or mustang cobra.

go for what you like, but your set up is nice.