Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Info/Suggestions/Help on Trading my 07 HR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 01:34 AM
A.H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need Info/Suggestions/Help on Trading my 07 HR!!!

First I want to appologize if this is in the wrong section, didn't think trading fit into the buying/leasing category. Second, i want to appologize for the long read. And just to be clear, this isn't a For Trade thread, i'm just asking for help on how i would set one up. Thank you for your time/help

Ok so as most of the HR community knows, I have invested a good amount of money into my car, which I love btw, but the one thing that really bothers me and doesnt' allow me to enjoy it to it's full potential is that it is an AUTOMATIC!!!

And I don't want a 370 or can i afford one, so i wanted to trade my car with a forum member for a 2007 Magnetic Black Touring w/ navi (just like mine) except in a 6mt variant. Of course 08 woudl work too as it's the same car, just need similiar mileage and i'm around 17000 flat right now.

Here are my mods:
5AT | 318.2 WHP | 264.1 WTQ | GTM Valvebody Upgrade | Technosquare Reflash | Fast Intentions Intimidator | Fast Intentions Reasonated Test Pipes | Stillen 304 Stainless Steel Headers | Injen Dual Intake | Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley | Samco Sport Hoses | Volk Racing Ce28n Time Attacks | Michelin PS2 295/255 | Hotchkis Sway Bars | KW Variant 3 Coilovers | Stillen Grounding Kit | JL Audio Speakers/Subwoofers/Amplifiers | CinCity Designs Headlights | Philips 6000K Bulbs | Blitz Rear Spoiler | Amuse Sides | Nismo V2 Front |

I have always babied my car like no there was no toamrrow but I just always wanted a manuel but got the auto for traffic but I don't care anymore, I want stick I also plan on eventually going turbo and although I love my car as it is right now, I feel like i would have more fun if it was a stick.

So here is where I need help....

I have no idea how this is going to work....I don't even know how the financial stuff would work out if you trade your car with a friend? I got my car for 34,500 without tax etc... and 40 OTD with the extended warranty. I put 0 down and have been paying payemns since May of 2007 at 800ish a month. Still got quite a bit of payments to go but need help on how this trade would work?

Also for the trade, I want to keep every single mod I have on my car currently and move it over to the car I trade with, except I guess some things are negotiable. Probably(idk yet) won't bother uninstalling the headers for example cause that woudlnt' be worth it to uninstall and reinstall again.

But do you guys think the trade woudl be fair both ways if we both have similair mileage and trim but beacuse I have an auto with a GTM valvebody and extended warranty(about 4K more than stick) that the guy pays for swapping the parts from car to car plus $1000? I would have a forum member do all the uninstalls and installs so I think it would cost less than 1000 to swap everything.

I'm just really lost on this matter but have my heart set out on a stick. ANd from what my salesman tells me, a lot of people trade in their cars cause they can't deal with stick in la traffic so I'm hoping someone is down to swap.

I would appreciate anyone's input on how I would set up my future For Trade thread and what way I would go about it. Thx a lot guys

And for those that don't know what my car looks like:

-Arsh
Old 03-07-2009, 06:14 AM
damn_rookie

Badass car! Gl with everything. I can understand wanting a 6mt. I traded my old car after putting a lot of work into it because wanting a stick was killing me.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:21 AM
MDHRZ

So what's the deal with Revshift? All deals off?

You could just take it back to stock and trade it in for an 08 Swap would prob be a lot cheaper though.

GL either way
Old 03-07-2009, 06:46 AM
CHICAGO Z

Take off all your aftermarket parts and trade it in for a Nismo just incase having 6spd wont be enough
Old 03-07-2009, 08:13 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

To trade vehicles "as is" you simply write a bill of sale. Instead of saying party B will give party A $$$, you say party B gives party A a vehicle.

This trade and swap parts idea is a nightmare waiting to happen. You could include the stipulations in a bill of sale. The bill of sale would act as a contract.

Still I see lots of arguments down the road, and 2 unhappy people in court several months from now.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:06 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
So what's the deal with Revshift? All deals off?

You could just take it back to stock and trade it in for an 08 Swap would prob be a lot cheaper though.

GL either way
Nah man, everythign with Revshift is still on 100%. I'm pretty sure this trade woudl be very hard to first find the person with the same car except in a stick, and second, that wants an auto. I was hoping to post the thread realatively soon adn hope to find someone by summer. I'm in no rush but I want a stick lol.

And I don’t’ want to have to pay an additaonl 5-7K on top of my current payments. It’s retarded cause my car is the more expensive car that I’m gong to be trading in. I hate stealerships

Originally Posted by CHICAGO Z
Take off all your aftermarket parts and trade it in for a Nismo just incase having 6spd wont be enough
Hahah like I said, I don't want more payments. Plus a Nismo doens't have factory navi(which i like) and I'm not too sure I like the styling of the rear bumper, not as clean or as sleak as I would like.

Originally Posted by davidv
To trade vehicles "as is" you simply write a bill of sale. Instead of saying party B will give party A $$$, you say party B gives party A a vehicle.

This trade and swap parts idea is a nightmare waiting to happen. You could include the stipulations in a bill of sale. The bill of sale would act as a contract.

Still I see lots of arguments down the road, and 2 unhappy people in court several months from now.
That doesn't sound too bad to me. So do I write a bill of sale saying the trade things we agreed to, and then I just continue paying my payments and he continues his payments but we have eachother's cars??

And I dont' think the trading of parts woudl be too big a nightmare. One day we swap all suspension and wheels. Next day have a body shop swap the body, and the third day swap all performance parts.

Let's say I decide I want to post up a thread, what do you think the conditions should be? I was thinking guy pays for swap +1000 and then we call it even but maybe it woudl be more fair on both ends that he just pays for swap? Or any other ideas would be helpful. I really appreciate the help
Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM
haeshik

damn Arsh im in the same boat as you
Old 03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by A.H
Nah man, everythign with Revshift is still on 100%. I'm pretty sure this trade woudl be very hard to first find the person with the same car except in a stick, and second, that wants an auto. I was hoping to post the thread realatively soon adn hope to find someone by summer. I'm in no rush but I want a stick lol.

And I don’t’ want to have to pay an additaonl 5-7K on top of my current payments. It’s retarded cause my car is the more expensive car that I’m gong to be trading in. I hate stealerships

Hahah like I said, I don't want more payments. Plus a Nismo doens't have factory navi(which i like) and I'm not too sure I like the styling of the rear bumper, not as clean or as sleak as I would like.

That doesn't sound too bad to me. So do I write a bill of sale saying the trade things we agreed to, and then I just continue paying my payments and he continues his payments but we have eachother's cars??

And I dont' think the trading of parts woudl be too big a nightmare. One day we swap all suspension and wheels. Next day have a body shop swap the body, and the third day swap all performance parts.

Let's say I decide I want to post up a thread, what do you think the conditions should be? I was thinking guy pays for swap +1000 and then we call it even but maybe it woudl be more fair on both ends that he just pays for swap? Or any other ideas would be helpful. I really appreciate the help
You never mentioned that the vehicles were owned by the lender. They must be paid off before titles can be transferred.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by A.H
I put 0 down and have been paying payemns since May of 2007 at 800ish a month. Still got quite a bit of payments to go but need help on how this trade would work?
I did say it actually, and I thought that would be the biggest problem. I kinda got excited it could happen lol. I guess I'll have to wait for my next car to get stick because there is no hope.

My only option would be to sell my car, pay off the lender, and buy another 07/08. Is that correct or is there another option I have?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Asian Invasian

Ya thats probably it man, trading cars when you still owe just doesnt work..
Old 03-07-2009, 05:22 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Asian Invasian
Ya thats probably it man, trading cars when you still owe just doesnt work..
Arsh, if trade with a balance still due, most likely the lender will throw a good chunk of that owed onto the new loan, there you will most likely be lopsided with a huge payment...

Best bet, like others have said, is to pay it off and trade it in for an 08, with your parts removed. It's really all legality and the lender preventing you from doing this trade.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:08 PM
2k6-z33

Damn gluck on your car Arsh.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Asian Invasian

you could always get the paddle shifters....? If I had auto thats what I would do.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Gag83

isn't it possible to just swap the transmission to a manual? itll be costly tho
Old 03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
A.H

^^^Yea I was going to ask about that.

I know GTM does it for 8k. They claim 3k for parts and 5k labor. I believe that price for the parts are Msrp prices and in reality are much less. I wanted to buy Kw V3's from them and they said 2300 and I got them for 1740 shipped. So that's why I think I can get the parts for cheaper. And there labor is like 110-115 an hour and I know that can be cheaper.

Does anyone know who else could swap my tranny for a lot less but not **** up the car ?LOL I think if I would do it for 4.5k or less

EDIT: My bad, it was 5k parts and 3k labor

Last edited by A.H; 03-08-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Gag83

5k for labor? thats crazy
Old 03-08-2009, 12:30 AM
A.H

Yea, I understand it's a lot of work and time but $5000 for thier time is just physco. But in return you do get the peace of mind that GTM is doing it so you know everything was done right. I love GTM but I can't afford 8k to have a transmission that costs less from the factory haha.

I think maybe I'll ask Technosquare about it. I know their labor rates are a lot lower and because I am not in a rush maybe I'll buy parts here adn there when I find good deals then do the swap once I ahve all the parts. I'm just a little scared casue i haven't seen anyone do it or any reviews on it
Old 03-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude just keep it...your car is sick, lose the MT second thoughts...

At least for now, lol.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by A.H
Yea, I understand it's a lot of work and time but $5000 for thier time is just physco. But in return you do get the peace of mind that GTM is doing it so you know everything was done right. I love GTM but I can't afford 8k to have a transmission that costs less from the factory haha.

I think maybe I'll ask Technosquare about it. I know their labor rates are a lot lower and because I am not in a rush maybe I'll buy parts here adn there when I find good deals then do the swap once I ahve all the parts. I'm just a little scared casue i haven't seen anyone do it or any reviews on it

I feel for you right now man...I know with all that extra horsepower you wanna control it...I hope you can swap out somehow...
Old 03-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd take off all your parts, sell your car or trade it in, in stock form, then buy a MT Z.

I think that would be the most direct route if you're really motivated.

Quick Reply: Need Info/Suggestions/Help on Trading my 07 HR!!!