Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sept 11... God Bless You All

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 02:02 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was at work when the whole thing unfolded. The entire company was around a small TV in the Conference Room watching the Today Show coverage and nobody was talking. The thing that sticks in mind the most was when some general was quoted as saying something like "My god, they are flying air coverage over the Capitol".
Old 09-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Conceyted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone hear the remix of Heaven by DJ sammy on the radio today? If not you can download it on kazaa or winmx. DJ Sammy - Heaven 911 Remix. Beware though, very sad.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:36 PM
iris

I had just moved into my new house. How horrible - my "new house"' anniversary is 9/10.

My friend called me and said, "Do NOT go into downtown LA today! They just bombed NYC and they might bomb LA!"

I was like, What the hell, she is crazy as usual. Little did I know. We spent that entire week we took off from work, that we were supposed to move in, watching TV and being in shock.

I'm sad today. I don't want to do any work b/c I feel weird turning in assignments, memos, etc., with "September 11" dated on them. I've had to do several letters to witnesses - I purposely dated them "September 12." Seems too sad and strange otherwise.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:56 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

I mixed this mp3 two years ago using all the available clips I could find at the moment over top of "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye To Yesterday"

http://911mp3.tripod.com/911mp3.zip

you might have to copy and paste it into ur address bar
Old 09-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Conceyted

link does not work
Old 09-11-2003, 07:16 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Conceyted
link does not work
weird. i just tried it again and it won't work. i listened to it this afternoon....good editing job. now i can't listen to it!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Beamm

I'm a few minutes late but it's nice to see people reflecting on that day.

My story was that I was asleep in my dorm room when I was awaken by my e-mail ping telling me I had a new message. It was my mom telling me to get to a TV quickly. I had just been working for SalomonSmithBarney at a summer internship and had only arrived at school not even 2 weeks prior to the event. Since school had just started it was hard to find a TV but I found one and spent the day watching until I had a meeting with the deans. I was very worried for my friends that I had worked with and for my dad's friends who had offices in the World Financial Center.

I pulled out my WTC ID card for the first time in 2 years (I packed it away on 9/11) and it was hard to look at it and think how close my friends were to that disaster. Everyone I knew personally made it out but I know of many people who did not. My respect goes out to the people in the financial services industries (and the other businesses that occupied the WTC complex) for going to work knowing that they were taking a risk, and to the people of the pentagon who were unduly attacked. Let us hope that something like this never happens again because there is nothing in the world that could ever justify an attack like that.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Tubbs SF
Charter Member #85

I was listening to my favorite radio station at the time, everyone thought that the first plane was an accident...then the second hit...
For everything and everyone that was touched that day, lets never forget how we felt when we lost people we didnt even know - for that brief moment we felt the compassion and humanity for each other I wish we felt everyday. For those who lost loved ones and friends, my condolences and love - and for all of us, lets never forget, and if enough of us remember, perhaps then we will never have to relive those memories.

-Tubbs