Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think Ive been SCREWED!! (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 05:08 AM
leadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand why you guys are so emotional about this car, the waiting and expectation and all, but you are setting yourselves up for this type of activity. If you were buying an Altima or a Sentra, you'd say, "paint protection? If this thing needs paint protection i probably shouldn't be buying it" and the paint protection fee magically disappears. You guys create the demand and you pay for it.

I would love to have a Z in my garage right now, but the hype is actually turning me off. I hope I'm still interested in a few months when the hype wears off.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:32 AM
wadd3456

Thumbs down hmm

Yup its hyped alright......but god is it gorgeous in person.

Regardless im NOT willing to give in to the hype and pay 1000 for jack crap. Sorry not jack........a 5dollar wax job pfff.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:49 AM
anthony

Do you have a sales agreement for the car. If so, have your attornery call.

Or report them to the better business beureu for selling non existant products.

List the dealers name on these boards and we'll all trash them.

Fight back, it's bull-sh..
Old 08-26-2002, 05:56 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

You can fight back all you want, but the dealer can always say take it or leave it. They have the power in this case, since they'd prefer that you leave it and they'll sell it someone else for $5k over MSRP. It's worth a try, maybe they'll back down, but in the end you have to decide if you want to lose the car and try to find a new one.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:00 AM
wadd3456

Default hmm

They are "unable" to find the original gentelmens agreement. But they just sware he paid for paint protection therefore I must too.

I took over his agreement.

SInce DAY ONE, i asked for all the features. They never EVER mentioned that. I asked, why isnt listed on my sale slip.........he goes its a standard feature on every car. We asked......then EVERY car in here is 1000 bux over regular cost........ NO COMMENT to that one.

They have 0 proof. And i have a signed sheet showing the features which DONT add up to thier price.

Obviously it is a BS charge, we all know that. Obviously they dont give 2 shiz about me either. The sales guy does, but its out of his hands. Its the sales manager who is making this difficult.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:16 AM
BRICKS Z

Default BS

im a dealer and thats a bunch of bs he is just trying to screw you have him show you proof they put it on and yoll pay for it he wont be able to and you can take him to the better business beauru cas that is a ******** charge
e mail me if you need help reporting him i be glad to
craig
Old 08-26-2002, 06:18 AM
nissan350zparts

Default Beholdthe power of the internet!

Go ahead tell us of this dealer and his game word gets out fast and Nissan will listen! So will the public we have more power than them. We can call them boycott etc. !!!! it"s the American way. ONe less sales manager to deal with and let's have his name too!
Old 08-26-2002, 06:23 AM
wadd3456

Default hey

Hmm, all i know is my salesmans name (who i DONT want to bash cause its not his fault) and the Dealer Name.

I will get the sales managers name tomorrow

TEAM NISSAN
Old 08-26-2002, 06:34 AM
nissan350zparts

Default I just sent them an E-mail

Asked if the have imformed Nissan North America of this $1,000 mark up before I do a nation wide article n them. Went to Dogpile.com looked them up and found the web site. Honda got nailed and fined for this about 10 years ago. The deaer ned a lesson. What do they think they are Enron? Let the word spread!
Old 08-26-2002, 07:54 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default THE TRUTH ABOUT PAINT PROTECTION

First off, z350z is right, waiting list people for new model cars coming out always get gouged for over MSRP. Last year when the new T bird came out there were pre-orders going for 20,000 DOLLARS OVER MSRP! Its just the nature of the beast. I had figured everybody here who already got one paid at least 2-3K over sticker.

But yes, paint protection is simply teflon wax, granted a really good teflon wax that last longer and usually is shines better than normal wax, but its still just wax, when I worked at Acura I belive the brand was called "Perma Plate" and it cost about 5-10 bucks per application and the detailer did it in about an hour. Total cost to dealer 30-40 bucks, cost to you 500-600 bucks. Over the years it became known as "paint sealant" and dealers actually sold it under the premise that this wax somehow provided protection against chips and scratches. This stuff really pisses me off since Ive been installing 3M paint protection film kits on cars for dealers for about a year now but people still here "paint protection" and automaticaly think "scam" so its still hard for the dealers to sell it, beside it cost less for them to keep putting on this wax and calling it paint protection than to use the real 3M stuff, buisness as usual....

Last edited by krinkov; 08-26-2002 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:07 AM
gammbino350z

dealers suck. my closest dealer cough*kerry nissan*cough tried to charge me 5k over msrp the first month the car was available for preorder. they called it market adjustment fee and special handling or some **** like that. needless to say i went elswhere Andy Ryan Nissan which has been wonderful. Mr. ryan has been very prompt in giving me all the info i have requested .
Old 08-26-2002, 09:04 AM
nj1266

Originally posted by leadfoot
I understand why you guys are so emotional about this car, the waiting and expectation and all, but you are setting yourselves up for this type of activity. If you were buying an Altima or a Sentra, you'd say, "paint protection? If this thing needs paint protection i probably shouldn't be buying it" and the paint protection fee magically disappears. You guys create the demand and you pay for it.

I would love to have a Z in my garage right now, but the hype is actually turning me off. I hope I'm still interested in a few months when the hype wears off.
This is one of the wisest posts in this thread. Most of the people who are chasing after this car will get screwed in more ways than one. First, you will pay MSRP or more. Second you will buy a FIRST year car and you have no idea what bugs there are in it. I am waiting for at least a year. By that time the hype would have died, I can get the car close to invoice, and I well get the car AFTER the bugs have been worked out. I am delaying my gratification and I WILL get a great deal on this car. By that time most of you will be chasing the next HOT car.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:09 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Originally posted by nj1266

This is one of the wisest posts in this thread. Most of the people who are chasing after this car will get screwed in more ways than one. First, you will pay MSRP or more. Second you will buy a FIRST year car and you have no idea what bugs there are in it. I am waiting for at least a year. By that time the hype would have died, I can get the car close to invoice, and I well get the car AFTER the bugs have been worked out. I am delaying my gratification and I WILL get a great deal on this car. By that time most of you will be chasing the next HOT car.
Wow, you sure are a lot smarter than us! Hope you can keep that self-satisfied smirk on your face for the next year as we ZOOM by you in our first-year buggy, overpriced Zs!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:22 AM
nj1266

Originally posted by z350z

Wow, you sure are a lot smarter than us! Hope you can keep that self-satisfied smirk on your face for the next year as we ZOOM by you in our first-year buggy, overpriced Zs!
You can zoom all you want, but I hate getting screwed. Why is is so hard to wait? I waited two years to get my Tundra truck and I got a sweet deal. The brake problems on the 2000-01 Tundras was solved, an LSD was add as an option on the 02 model, I got 3.9% financing for 60 months, and I got the truck at invoice. Plus i arleady have a purpose built race car for track use only. I can get my yayas whenever I want to I am hoping that by the time I get the base Z, it will have an LSD option since I do not want the TCS and VDC.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:39 AM
roberto350z

i dont see why they cant just admit that its a charge up. Call 1800 nissan1 and just register a complaint. I have heard stories here when people complained and then "mysteriously" the dealer calls the person back and apologizes and everything is taken care of. I think nissan is promising to charge that much more for the vehicle when the dealer buys it, or maybe delay further orders for unruly behavior. But if NISSAN never knows, then you get to just eat it.

I can tell one thing. Yes there are people that are paying over MSRP but more than likely they are not from this board and are ignorant to the fact that our community frowns upon price gouging. I think this has had tremendous impact on sales ethics.

However, if you just walked in late in the game (after april) and "found" a Z that you can buy, then it stands to reason that the dealer has found a way to make a cool grand. Perhaps the dealer is being ethical with original pre-orders...I am sure that for a while when the pre-orders are filled the standard price hike will be from 1-7k.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:39 AM
mike952

Originally posted by nj1266

You can zoom all you want, but I hate getting screwed. Why is is so hard to wait? I waited two years to get my Tundra truck and I got a sweet deal. The brake problems on the 2000-01 Tundras was solved, an LSD was add as an option on the 02 model, I got 3.9% financing for 60 months, and I got the truck at invoice. Plus i arleady have a purpose built race car for track use only. I can get my yayas whenever I want to I am hoping that by the time I get the base Z, it will have an LSD option since I do not want the TCS and VDC.
In a very positive way without insult or injury to anyone.

I rarely buy the latest and greatest (I still have to buy a PS/2 for example). I never pay for overnight shippment, despite having friends who have done this for a bunch of "must haves". One even paid overnight for a Japan PS/2 when it first came out over there. I was in an indecision for almost 6 months on purchasing the MR2 Sypder as my second car; I wanted a Japanese manual transmission 2 seater. Then I become aware of the Z (early June 2002). All the indecision I spend on the MR2 (i wish it had more power, I wish it were bigger and had more space, etc.) was immediately considered too much time to have spent should I have known about the Z.

And to make the long story short, the debate in my head while filling out the pre-order form at the dealer a few days later was "I can't believe I am getting such a better car for only a few grand more than the MR2."

So in summary, I am not chasing the latest and greatest. And I had absolutely NO resentment (remember I am careful how I spend my money here), when I forked down the deposit and saw the remaining balance.

As a side comment, given the events of Sept 11 (may they rest in peace and be driving 650Z's up there), one doens't know when his time is up and quite frankly, I don't postpone strong personal desires anymore -- and the Z, my first Z by the way, is a very strong personal desire.

--Mike
Old 08-26-2002, 09:51 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Originally posted by mike952

In a very positive way without insult or injury to anyone.

I rarely buy the latest and greatest (I still have to buy a PS/2 for example). I never pay for overnight shippment, despite having friends who have done this for a bunch of "must haves". One even paid overnight for a Japan PS/2 when it first came out over there. I was in an indecision for almost 6 months on purchasing the MR2 Sypder as my second car; I wanted a Japanese manual transmission 2 seater. Then I become aware of the Z (early June 2002). All the indecision I spend on the MR2 (i wish it had more power, I wish it were bigger and had more space, etc.) was immediately considered too much time to have spent should I have known about the Z.

And to make the long story short, the debate in my head while filling out the pre-order form at the dealer a few days later was "I can't believe I am getting such a better car for only a few grand more than the MR2."

So in summary, I am not chasing the latest and greatest. And I had absolutely NO resentment (remember I am careful how I spend my money here), when I forked down the deposit and saw the remaining balance.

As a side comment, given the events of Sept 11 (may they rest in peace and be driving 650Z's up there), one doens't know when his time is up and quite frankly, I don't postpone strong personal desires anymore -- and the Z, my first Z by the way, is a very strong personal desire.

--Mike
Well said! You can wait forever and do the prudent, logical, rational thing and never get the satisfaction of fulfulling your desires, or you can be happy that you didn't get "screwed" and just keep on waiting. Different strokes, etc. Personally, I like to go for something and get it when I want it. I don't mind others doing things differently, but it just kind of bugs me when they think the rest of us are stupider or something: we just have different priorities, that's all!
Old 08-26-2002, 10:00 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

A while back there was a thread about an official NNA customer satifaction survey. NNA was interested in getting feedback from the new Z owners on how the sales process went. Seems like a good way to blast this dealer.

Additional things - post the name of the dealer on this board and all of the otehr boards you can find - write up a specific complaint to the Better Business Bureau (several of the dealers I have visited have BBB decals in their windows) Let the dealer know you are going to do all of these things and then do them. It may not get your $1000 back, but it will cause the dealer more than $1000 in grief and will make you feel a lot better.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:15 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CSI

yeah, thats called a CSI survey. working with the dealers I know that one of their major concerns is maintaining a high CSI(Customer Satisfaction Index) rating. This is when after you buy a car from a dealer, Nissan North America(or every car manufacturer nowadays) calls and surveys the new car buyers about their experience at the dealership and the results affect the dealerships rating positve or negative. This rating is critical to the dealerships since 1; it is open to the public, and any one can and SHOULD find out what thier local dealers CSI rating is before they purchase a car from them, and 2; it affects the price the dealership is sold cars to by the manufacturer, they give breaks to dealers with high CSIs.

Last edited by krinkov; 08-26-2002 at 11:19 AM.

Quick Reply: I think Ive been SCREWED!! (please read)