Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I think Ive been SCREWED!! (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Mvirgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This does not make any since to me. Our salesman told us up front that if we pre-ordered we did not have to get the paint protection. I hope they get this straight for you. ~ Michelle
Old 11-15-2002, 05:47 PM
ScottC

Default I agree

I agree that the money could have been used else where and BTW it was around $850 (I rounded). Anyway, in order to get my new Z I "had to get the protectant." The salesperson did tell me about it up front...If I didnt pay for it, they wouldn't have ordered it for me and I wouldn't have a Z in the garage. And oh ya the interest. Its 83 CENTS per month over 60 years, thats why I didnt put in in the original post. Have fun with your new Zs, I know I am and either way the paint looks great!
Old 04-14-2003, 12:08 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

You can call a reputable dealer, (say in Phoenix) and get a total out the door price over the phone. Have them fax a copy of the total price (all inclusive) to you. Then pay to fly one way and drive it home. If you can't find a good dealer in your area don't let that be an excuse to support a crappy one in your area.

zhguitar
Old 04-14-2003, 12:12 PM
POWERZ

Originally posted by zh.guitar
You can call a reputable dealer, (say in Phoenix) and get a total out the door price over the phone. Have them fax a copy of the total price (all inclusive) to you. Then pay to fly one way and drive it home. If you can't find a good dealer in your area don't let that be an excuse to support a crappy one in your area.

zhguitar
Why did you dig this old post up?
Old 04-14-2003, 01:13 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah... wow, you know he posted this problem last october? as you can see in his sig, he has a brickyard. a rather nice one too.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:33 PM
RAW22

You are just going to have to bend over and take it.

I had issues with getting my car, so my dealer was "nice enough" to cut some of the price off.

My dealer said to me that Nissan wouldnt let them charge over MSRP, so I said, what the hell do you think the non-negotiable "paint protectant" is? All I heard was silence.

I honestly think most car dealers do that now without even asking if you want it done.

It sucks, but I love my car, so what do you do?

I hate my dealer so much for a variety of issues (North Texas Nissan-dont go there), that I decided I will never go back to them for anything, including the "free oil changes" I was promised.

Richard.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:57 PM
erock

I didn't read the whole thread, but IMHO, ***** that dude..... Bad business on his part by telling you, THE Consumer, to take your deposit back and try elsewhere..... His loss man, find another dealer that treats ya with respect....... Don't do HIM any favors by BUYING off of HIS lot...... G'luck on your search dude....

d'oh, just read a couple of posts up that this is an old thread.....
Old 04-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Boomer

Default Re: GD!

Originally posted by wadd3456
It is TEAM NISSAN OF MARIETTA GA!!!

This is a complete BOGUS charge and i am NOT sitting quite and watching this crap go down!

Can someone direct me to exactly who i need to speak to at NNA?? Please!

They WILL get a bum rap, starting RIGHT NOW!

Im not willing to leave this deal and try to find another car or pay more for something thats NOT what i want. NO ONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM< WHY SHOULD I right?

Thanks guys

Scott
WADD3456 is my aim if you wanna discuss this
Team Nissan has received a number of complaints overcharging on Zs, even original preorders. Tell them you will call NNA, BBB, my350Z, 350frenZy.com, etc. and if they don't eliminate the charge or reduce it to something you can live with, you will not buy the car. Now, when you've told them that, including you know its just a price increase, how much do you want the car? Watching them apply the 'PAINT PROTECTION" is a good one. If you walk, there are other ethical dealers in your area who may be able to help you. Ask Jeremy at 350frenZy, he lives in Atlanta.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:16 PM
RANDY350Z

Say you will take the "paint protection" but you want an extended warranty added at no extra cost. Their paint protection is probably a 15.00 wax plus the cost of a detailer. If they don't want to deal go else where. I have seen so many Dealers ( I have a lot of friends in the business) charge for B.S. extra and not produce it. You don't want to pay for anything over MSRP. Wait a while---to me waiting 6 months is better than losing a grand and knowing the salesman bent you over just to have a car earlier---I wouldn't. Just my 2cents
Old 04-15-2003, 10:19 PM
RANDY350Z

Besides also, Nissan stated to dealers they are not allowed to charge over MSRP. Call Nissan, but I wouldn't buy from them--you would probably have more problems.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:03 PM
corsair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I paid 42k for my preordered Z

Well don't feel too bad. I got my Z in September and after I did all the number crunching it wound up costing me $42,449.78 for my Performance model with just a few options. My dealer charged me a whole bunch of bull$hit fees. Too late for me to do anything though. I paid off the loan last week. If I waited I could have bought 2 for that price. Ouch!
Old 04-19-2003, 02:12 PM
corsair

Originally posted by rep15
I hate to be the voice of doom but you are caught in the grips of supply and demand. This is not an enviable position for you but I am sure the dealers are eating it up. Nissan now has a car that buyers are beating down their doors for. If you balk another buyer will appear, I am sure - and so are the dealers.

Be it paint protection, second sticker markup, or as one dealer bluntly wrote on my contract - PROFIT (I did not pre-order there) you will pay that amount. The markup is in effect at your dealership; the only question is whether you willing to pay or wait it out. If at this point in negotiations you have gotten nowhere, I would guess you have zero leverage.
well said Bob. I just couldn't wait when it came to my car. I paid for it dearly though. Over 42k.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:32 PM
johnnyzcar

Hey guys,
I realize this is an old thread but I have recently been looking for a Z in central FL. I have seen one dealer trying to add on 3500.00 to MSRP. I told them up front that I would never pay MSRP much less the add on fee. Over the last few months I have easily found at least 20 plus 350Z on lots as dealer stock. I have also been told that ABC Nissan in AZ will sell you a Z for 2500 under MSRP.
I have also found a dealer that sells for 1000 over invoice. Not too bad for doing some research.
In the begining the dealers were raping people because of the anticipation and hype. I believe those indivduals who bought at that time knew what they were doing, paying more to have it now.
As for me I would walk away immediately if any BS charges are even mentionedor added on. If they try to take advantge of me it will be a deal breaker and I would let them know this up front. If they say go somewhere else I'd say sure and goodbye. Because I know if you look hard enough the deal you seek can be had if you time it right and do your homework. If all you have is time on your hands the deal is in your favor. If you are in a hurry and want it now prepare to pay more.

My Z32 is still purring like a kitten and runs just fine.
Id rather keep driving my old Z than get ripped off by a greedy dealer trying to take advantage of his customers.

For those who are currently looking, please post your findings to help inform perspective buyers and keep the goughing to a minimum

Just my 2 cents?
Old 04-20-2003, 05:46 PM
wadd3456

Wholy JESUS I posted this in Oct when I ordered my Daytona Blue HAHAH!!

I picked up a Brickyard *USED* on sept 6th and have absolutely loved it since. Now shes modded up with more to come
Old 04-21-2003, 10:08 PM
stiv

-I feel everyones' pain!! I got screwed (hard) by Cerritos Nissan In Southern California. The salesman swore up and down that I wouldn't pay a penny over MSRP (his actual exact words). To make a long story short: when the ink was dry on my agreement there were all types of outrageous "mark-ups"....when I confronted the dude he acted like he didn't understand what I was complaining about...(total dishonest dweeboid) I tried to go up a rung (on the ladder of command) but his supervisor was even more uptight and also a lunkhead...

Fast forward to a few weeks later: the Customer Relations Manager is trying to put me at ease by assuring me that she'd take care of all the erroneous charges... -that was months ago and nothing was taken care of...

I was completely betrayed and the feeling SUCKS!! It's almost surreal; the manner in which these people look you square in the eyes and tell you something without a shred of sincerity... It's truly baffling...

Anyway, the bottom line is if you live anywhere near Southern California, AVOID CERRITOS NISSAN AT ALL COSTS (unless you own an industrial strength chastity belt...)!!!

You will get unceremoniously f****d!!!

Please don't make the same mistake...

good luck to all!!

Stiv in SoCal

P.S. If you need to know specific information regarding the aforementioned employees, drop me a PM...
Old 04-22-2003, 07:24 AM
weezel

The dealer here in Tallahassee, Fl didnt say anything about the paint thing but they work asking 34,500 for a touring model and i laughed at them. But about this car being hard to get(someone mentioned it) I work for a wholesaler and I watch these cars go through the auctions all day long and the average price i have seen the touring model go through the auction for is $28,500 so if u know someone who can get u to the Florida Auto Auction or the Manheim Auction in PA buy ur 350z there.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Vlad

Default Re: Re: Doh!

Originally posted by mike952
Get him to sign an affidavit saying he applies this special paint protection to all cars and that is unique to his dealership. Then, since we know he doesn't, take him to court and sue him for the $1000 and your legal fees. Of course, he will never sign such and affidavit.
But at leas you'll have fun, and you'll get your good mood back. I'd defenetely ask him to sign that paper repeatedly!

Other than that... walk away... or no, spend a Saturday morning picketing dealership and explaining to all customers what's going on. It's a time well spent!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Vlad

Originally posted by z350z
It is doubtful you will be able to get another car at this point for MSRP. Many people paid over MSRP, and 1k is not as bad as what many dealers are charging. You have to decide whether getting the car you want now instead of getting not exactly the car you want some time down the road is worth an extra 3% of the vehicle's price to you. Many would say "don't pay it!" just out of principle, but sometimes you have to do what makes sense.
Those just lasy people I guess! Many people payed less than MSRP. Chicagoland dealerships full of Zs, and they are willing to deliver wherever you want.