Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My new 04 is FINALLY here!! Let the Mod's begin.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to give you an update. Tomorrow (Thursday) we do the 3rd dyno and I will give you all the results. But since this project started we now have all the Nismo stuff in place.....CAI, Cams, Headers, (non-nismo)High Flow Cats, Exhaust, Rims, S-Tune and Bars, Flywheel, Clutch, Rims, mat's, shift ****. Still working on the body kit, StopTech big brakes, over size p/s cooler, horns, side markers, stereo, Nitrous, etc. Also now have a core engine to start the forged bottom end. I will post numbers tomorrow.... and yes, the car passed the sniffer test on our smog machine with no problem!!!! Of course this is an off-road vehicle only.......
Old 10-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

opps
Old 10-01-2003, 01:50 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, so you passed the sniffer with the high flow cats? cool
Old 10-01-2003, 02:07 PM
jreiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
and yes, the car passed the sniffer test on our smog machine with no problem!!!!

Very nice. I was wondering how a smog test would go with cams and high-flow cats. When you say the car passed "with no problem", was it significantly better than the max allowed emissions, or was it a close call? I'm just wondering how much room we have to play as far as emissions go once we do cats and cams. (Those being the big emissions troublemakers.)

On the other hand, I'm considering registering my car up at my mom's address. No vehicle emissions tests up there where she lives.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:13 PM
MastaKillaZ

holy shiznit batman!!! I just saw this thread and good lord that is pretty sweet. jeff you gotta come join us on one of our runs.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by jreiter
I was wondering how a smog test would go with cams and high-flow cats. When you say the car passed "with no problem", was it significantly better than the max allowed emissions, or was it a close call? I'm just wondering how much room we have to play as far as emissions go once we do cats and cams.
I have to tread lightly here as we are a new car dealer and anything to do with altering emissions is a no no. That said, it was significantly better than the max allowed. Surprised us as this car runs awesome. BUT, I must admit the high flow cat do make the car loud. You can get bystanders to turn their heads and look when you floor it.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
jeff you gotta come join us on one of our runs.
I want to really bad!! But I will be leaving the country from the 6th to the 17th so I will miss your mountain run. Sign me up for all the rest though!!
Old 10-01-2003, 03:13 PM
havabooz

can you post a pic with the CF kit on the car BEFORE you paint it

other than my car...i dream about seing a CF lemans

heck..dont paint it at all

either way...sweet car
Old 10-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by havabooz
can you post a pic with the CF kit on the car BEFORE you paint it
Sorry, the race team has already sent it out for me!!
Old 10-01-2003, 04:55 PM
jreiter

BUT, I must admit the high flow cat do make the car loud. You can get bystanders to turn their heads and look when you floor it.

Understood on treading lightly. Any modifications I do to my car will be CARB legal as long as I live in California.

On that note, you are using the Nismo exhaust, correct? I've never actually heard *any* aftermarket Z exhausts in person, but from what I've read the Nismo seems to be pretty loud. Do you think this could be the cause of the cats showing such a big sound increase? Loudness is actually an important factor for me. (Unlike a lot of other folks around here!) I want things to be as quiet as possible... at least inside the car.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Mr Twisted

Thumbs up Went for a launch with Jeff.!!!

My heart is still pounding. I got to the Performance Nissan just 5 min after they rolled the "Sunset beast" off the racks.

Only one word needed to discribe the car SWEET. The car-rocket hauls butt guys. and loud. While riding second seat (Jeff was nice enough to offer me the pilot's seat ) but I felt more at home letting him drive.

I'm an old fart and I drive a lot of hours in a car as a road salesman. The roar of the exhaust with hi flow cats was a bit much for my personal liking but if I were in High school again I could live with it. Jeff wasn't shitting you when he said the car turns heads both in looks and the unmistakable roar as we blew by.

Many thanks again Jeff and it was a pleasure to spend a little more money with you and Jenny. Looking forward to a long relationship.

Mr Twisted aka Ron Jung
Old 10-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by jreiter
you are using the Nismo exhaust, correct? I've never actually heard *any* aftermarket Z exhausts in person, but from what I've read the Nismo seems to be pretty loud. Do you think this could be the cause of the cats showing such a big sound increase? Loudness is actually an important factor for me. (Unlike a lot of other folks around here!) I want things to be as quiet as possible... at least inside the car.
Ya' got the Nismo exhaust and I believe it was in SportZ magazine I read that the Nismo was the quietest of the group? I've been in a lot of cars with the Nismo exhaust and they sound VERY nice and are quiet. Most people tell me that they leave the windows down to enjoy the sound. Not true with the high flow cat's. It's loud. I was going too put the stock cat's back in, but after driving home it didn't seem so bad anymore. As Mr Twisted said above," The roar of the exhaust with hi flow cats was a bit much for my personal liking but if I were in High school again I could live with it." It's a good statement..... I may be 44, but I think I'm going to leave it for now. The power gains are AMAZING! Dyno tomorrow and I'll tell all.... good or bad!!
BTW: Mr Twisted, sorry about the e-ticket ride without sufficient warning first. I just ASSUME everyone is as psycho as me!!
Old 10-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Ralphus

That paint/wheel color combo, is um really...
Old 10-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by Ralphus
Wait for the finished product. Should be done in November.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:19 PM
spf4000

Can't wait to see the numbers!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:20 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by Ralphus

What? I dig it! That's the sort of combo I'm considering. I'm going to order a Z any day now... the only thing holding me back is color choice! I want black, but I don't want to deal with a non-metallic black paint. Ugh... cleaning and swirlies. Sunset is actually at the top of my list... today anyway.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:22 PM
jreiter

Ya' got the Nismo exhaust and I believe it was in SportZ magazine I read that the Nismo was the quietest of the group? I've been in a lot of cars with the Nismo exhaust and they sound VERY nice and are quiet.

Really? Quieter than the Borla? Not that I know anything... I've only heard the stock exhaust... nothing else. I think I need to read this article everyone is referring to. Has someone posted the results to this site?
Old 10-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Mr Twisted

Default Still enjoyed the E-ride!!!

Thanks again. 44, kid I'm 54 and got the bad hearing to prove it. Too much load music and shooting without hearing protection. Post the numbers asap so I can decide on my next mods....

Mr Twisted
www.ssashooter.com
Old 10-01-2003, 08:54 PM
blaque

hey Jeff: Can I come take a look at your car this Saturday
Old 10-01-2003, 09:17 PM
JPizzle

jeff, can't wait to see the finished product
on a sidenote: what would your price be for a greddy body kit?

Quick Reply: My new 04 is FINALLY here!! Let the Mod's begin.