Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My new 04 is FINALLY here!! Let the Mod's begin.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Mr Twisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a stinken load exhaust!!!

Twisted here , Well thanks Jeff for making that call for me to Stillen, I hooked up with them for a cata-back system and its just perfect for me. Like a woman, she purrs when you stroke her and barks loadly when you kick her. You Borla guys are missing out ,Hp but little torque. On idle the Stillens cat-backs the are great ,there is no engine noise at all, most of the time I think the engine ,must of stalled out.

While at Stillen, I had them install a Ap racing front brake with a Stillen one piece rotor . Boy is this a sweet set up and it still fits my stock chrome 17" rims. I really am quite happy with them. The rear brake kits will be available in about 60 days they said. Till then the stock rears will have to do.

Hey my 350 may still be only a auto eranny but I falling in love again, any way the left foot doesn't miss the work out in LA traffic.

Jeff, I'll stop by for lauch 2 on Monday when you get back. I really would like to try out the s-tune package and the Michelin sport tires. This time I like to pilot a little ,if I may, I'd to get the feel of the road harshness of this set up.. No crazy stuff I promise?

If you or Jenny have 1st,3rd or 5th Sundays of the months open I like to have you both as my guest at one of our shoots. I can provide you everything. Equipment and expert training. What goes around comes around with me.

If Any of you forum guys are also into guns too, your also invited.

Mr Twisted aka Mr SSA
www.ssashooter.com

Ps Jeff can you get Crawford Plenums?

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 10-05-2003 at 03:52 AM.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need a stinken load exhaust!!!

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
Jeff, I'll stop by for lauch 2 on Monday if your there. I really would like to try out the s-tune package and the Michelin sport tires. This time I like to pilot a little if I may I'd to get the feel of the road harshness of this set up.. No crazy stuff I promise?
Mr Twisted aka Mr SSA
www.ssashooter.com

Ps Jeff can you get Crawford Pletums?
Glad you like your exhaust system! Best to go to crawford direct on the manifold, as they are a vendor here as well. Also I will be out of the country for the next 2 weeks. (be back on the 20th) Jenny will monitor my mail so you guys aren't left hanging. We'll take you up on that shooting offer after the SEMA show in Nov. Thanks!!
Old 10-04-2003, 06:47 AM
Mr Twisted

Cool , you teach me to race with cars, Ill teach you how to race with guns..

"Have a nice time out of country"

Mr Twisted is out of here:
Old 10-04-2003, 11:26 AM
cyberz350

Got a couple of ?'s, I know Jeff's out of town, but does anyone know:

1. ...how much it cost him for the CAI, Cams, Headers, High Flow Cats, and exhaust.

2. Are people still having problems with the ECU and adding performance upgrades. I haven't read any performance threads in awhile.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by cyberz350
Got a couple of ?'s, I know Jeff's out of town, but does anyone know:

1. ...how much it cost him for the CAI, Cams, Headers, High Flow Cats, and exhaust.

2. Are people still having problems with the ECU and adding performance upgrades. I haven't read any performance threads in awhile.
Haven't left yet..... All the prices are on our web site. (click the banner) I paid the same prices as you would pay on our site. These are at employee cost. We were talking about it the other day, that some of those prices are cheaper than I can buy it from my company for...... guess I need to set myself up an account.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Wags

I haven't heard anythin' lately either but can say... I recently installed Borla headers and dual exahust and the buttomometer say they're still working. Personally I'm looking forward to an ECU but don't think anything more than the stock ECU is needed for intake and exhaust mods... haven't felt it dial back...
Old 10-04-2003, 09:59 PM
DavidD

Default ? engine breakin?

Jeff, should you not put about 5,000 miles on the engine prior to mods and racing?
Old 10-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Default Re: ? engine breakin?

Originally posted by DavidD
Jeff, should you not put about 5,000 miles on the engine prior to mods and racing?
I knew I shouldn't have made that comment... engine break in is a no win topic. Everyone will have a different thought process from what they've grown up with, what friends say, what owners manuals say past and present. I have been working in the auto industry at the new car dealer level since I was 16 (28 years now). The new cars of the day are nothing like the cars of the past. In MY personal opinion (not nissans or anybody else's) and from what I've seen of customers cars over the years, I do not believe in break in periods. Look at all the motors that are run on engine dynos prior to being installed in peoples street cars. There is no right or wrong answer here, just opinions........
Old 10-05-2003, 09:58 AM
DavidD

Unhappy I need a good local dealer

Jeff. I can't find a local dealer that will put on Nismo cams. I have been holding on mods. I have a great local mechanic that will help me do some stuff but he does not want to touch the cams. They all say it is not worth their time. They can make much more money with easy stuff. I know that makes sense but it makes it painful for me.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Default Re: I need a good local dealer

Originally posted by DavidD
Jeff. I can't find a local dealer that will put on Nismo cams. I have been holding on mods. I have a great local mechanic that will help me do some stuff but he does not want to touch the cams. They all say it is not worth their time. They can make much more money with easy stuff. I know that makes sense but it makes it painful for me.
That sucks! How about a vacation in So.Cal? I'll get them put in while your at Disneyland!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 12:43 PM
SoLo350

does ur dealer do exterior body parts? such as: painting and installing
Old 10-05-2003, 07:55 PM
mcduck

Save your money for a set of cat pipes or high flows next. It will make that car come alive after the cam install. I still can't get over how much of a difference they made!!
No need to save my money for this... it will also be part of my Columbus Day transformation!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:06 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by SoLo350
does ur dealer do exterior body parts? such as: painting and installing
No, we use a shop about a block away from us for all our work. They do an AWESOME job and if your car ends up there, I can monitor the work and make sure they are getting the parts for the job.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:09 PM
wblamb

I am picking up a Redline Track next month. I am having Stillen exhaust, Nismo CAI and flywheel installed. Shuld I have the Nismo clutch installed as well? What is the advantage? Street and maybe autocross usage.

Also I would like to lower the car about .75 Inches. What would be the right springs, Nismo?
Old 10-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Jen@WestCovinaNissan
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally posted by wblamb
I am picking up a Redline Track next month. I am having Stillen exhaust, Nismo CAI and flywheel installed. Shuld I have the Nismo clutch installed as well? What is the advantage? Street and maybe autocross usage.

Also I would like to lower the car about .75 Inches. What would be the right springs, Nismo?
The Nismo clutch is a strong one. When used together with the Nismo flywheel, it makes for a smooth shift. When Jeff had his Nismo springs installed it did lower his car about 3/4 of an inch, so you should be pretty safe with them.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:24 PM
jreiter

Default clutch?

Just out of curiosity, what would be the reasons for upgrading your clutch in the Z if you don't plan on doing big torque increases? (such as FI) For example, I plan to keep the car naturally aspirated, but upgrade it as much as possible along that line. (exhaust, headers, cams, flywheel, etc.) Would there really be any reason to spend the money on an upgraded clutch?

I'm assuming the factory clutch is capable of more torque than the car puts out stock. So, if I'm able to upgrade the engine to maybe 300-310 ft-lbs, shouldn't the stock clutch be just fine? I know that doing the clutch at the same time as the flywheel is a good idea due to labor costs, but why spend the money on the clutch parts at all?
Old 10-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Anthz

Always looking at lightening the Z a bit. I saw on your site (Preformance Nissan ) that you are selling an Optima lightweight Battery, that weights 27 lbs. Anyone know how much of a savings this is compared to the stock battery?
Old 10-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Jen@WestCovinaNissan
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally posted by Anthz
Always looking at lightening the Z a bit. I saw on your site (Preformance Nissan ) that you are selling an Optima lightweight Battery, that weights 27 lbs. Anyone know how much of a savings this is compared to the stock battery?
These weigh 40.2 lb's. Which is a savings of 13 lbs. We still have two left in stock and will be ordering more soon.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:22 PM
daytona350z

cant wait to see the car for real on the dyno day!
Old 10-26-2003, 09:38 PM
NissaNZ

Jeff, last time I was there for an oil change I saw your Z parked just outside by Rik's window nose-to-nose with another Z with custom wheels. I was like WOAH, that looks amazing, I thought it was for sale or something but didn't see a sticker on the window.

Quick Reply: My new 04 is FINALLY here!! Let the Mod's begin.