Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z opinions from owners...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of the Zs you saw at dealerships have likely been damaged before, sold at auction, and fixed. The private party guys...well, they probably just don't care.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:18 PM
ObiShawn

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
omg you're "that guy"!
Guilty as charged.

Why not a coupe? I've always thought the coupes would look cool with the rear glass taken out. You can put R2D2 there. Then place the quad burners like the X-wing on the rear part of the trunk. Chop the Top for a targa.
That's actually an interesting idea that I've been considering- the price difference in coupe vs. roadster might make it doable, and I've attracted a little attention from West Coast Customs regarding the project- well within their realm. It'd have to be rock-solid-waterproof, though, since this is to be a daily driver, and I guess the targa would stow behind the seat? The trunk strut might prohibit storage of the top in the hatch area. I might photoshop it up this weekend when I finish the Saturn Sky designs.

But there is a "wow factor" for the roadster's auto top- I do wish it could be activated from the key remote like the M-B SLK- I'd add the "transformers" sound effect. Anyone overridden the brake-pedal-lock-button arrangement for the top?

Anyhow, as long as you lower it to all hell, it might look decent. I would turn a roadster into the landspeeder on Tatooine....omg omg omg...nerd out!
I have designs for that, but for the early model Miata- looks almost perfect with the three engines on it. I'd considered it for the first version of the car back in 1999, but I wanted R2. And guns..
Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you definitely have a screw loose. But people like you make the world much more interesting.

Having never driven the SLK, I can't make any comparisons. But I can say that there are a few positives to having my 350 ZR as a DD.

One of the best exhaust notes for any 6 cyl.

Calm cabin even at high speeds with the top down.

Comfortable seats.

Great steering and handling, in addition to ample power.

Never had a problem mechanically except for the driver window motor crapping out all the time.

But there are downsides as well. I bought a vacuum cleaner the other day and my wife had to sit curled up in the seat so we could get it home. You could never fit a body in the trunk. And my snowboarding hobby is dramatically and negatively impacted by the fact that my snowboard is about as long as my car. But since the car handles snow like a computer handles a direct hit from a lightning bolt (that is to say, badly) it doesn't much matter.

I'd say go for the Z. We want our cars to be well known for more reasons than just being fast and pretty. You have to represent the nerd in all of us. Keep us informed on what you do.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 AM
jasabeast

Dont get that Mercedes SLK 350 **** is gay as hell