Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts after owning my Z for a full week

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 AM
eNdiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts after owning my Z for a full week

So I've had my '06 305Z for a week and I absolutely love it. Here are my 5 favorite things about it, as well as my 5 least favorite things about it:

The Good:
1. It is fast and fun as hell to drive every day
2. The handling is incredible, sharp turns are no match
3. Just washed/waxed for first time - the car looks incredible
4. The engine/exhaust sounds sick when you hit the gas
5. EVERYONE looks at the car...people love it

The Not-So-Good
1. The interior (door panels) seem weak and cheap quality
2. The insurance - $200/month is sucks!
3. The stock sound system blows - horrible, horrible quality
4. Not enough room to fool around w/ my girlfriend inside! haha
5. The worry - I always worry about tickets and possibility of wrecking!

Anyone else have any general thoughts or reactions about their "daily life" with their Z? I'd like to know what you all think is good/bad about the car.

Have a good weekend!

Chris
Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 AM
foreveryoung

i agree with you 100% but my wife hates it when I try to mess with my g'freind in it
Old 04-12-2009, 09:15 AM
dfresh713
Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Not-So-Good
1. The interior (3. The stock sound system blows - horrible, horrible quality
door panels) seem weak and cheap quality

Chris[/QUOTE]

You must not have gotten the bose system

Originally Posted by eNdiT

5. The worry - I always worry about tickets and possibility of wrecking!

Chris
Tickets will come... in the month of january i was pulled over 5 times. Received 2 written warnings, 2 speeding tickets 75 in a 45, 92 in a 65, careless driving and driving in restricted lane (HOV lane passing some slow turd)
Old 04-12-2009, 09:19 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by foreveryoung
i agree with you 100% but my wife hates it when I try to mess with my g'freind in it
lol such a strict wife you have man
Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
got556

The bose or commonly referred to as blows system equally sucks. And who is your insurance provider? Shiiiiit I'm 24 and I only pay 1400 a year full coverage.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
eNdiT

Yea maybe you should dump your wife and go pick up chicks at the bar (hahah sarcasm from other "relationship and Z" threads...)
Old 04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
ZForce1
You're done son

only negative: Z is a cop magnet
Old 04-12-2009, 10:14 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ZForce1
only negative: Z is a cop magnet
I second this. I love my Z. I upgraded the sound system ( stock HU ) but speakers / subs. Sounds amazing. Minimal noise from vibrations due to bass. Love the engine and exhaust when I give her some loving. Friends and even family think so also. Catches a lot of people, I mean a lot of people. Cops being some of them.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:14 AM
foreveryoung

Originally Posted by eNdiT
Yea maybe you should dump your wife and go pick up chicks at the bar (hahah sarcasm from other "relationship and Z" threads...)
Dump the wife sounds like a great idea but it would probably cost me my Z just out of spite.Best off to put up and shut up.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
SoldzMyZ

You only get tickets when you being irresposible. Just don't be and youll be fine. One thing that sucks is the fact that you can't fit anything in it, be if a lcd or big items, but then again its a sports car. It good to know you have family or friends to borrow their cars.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:37 PM
konaforever

Originally Posted by booey1979
You only get tickets when you being irresposible. Just don't be and youll be fine. One thing that sucks is the fact that you can't fit anything in it, be if a lcd or big items, but then again its a sports car. It good to know you have family or friends to borrow their cars.
Not neccesarily true. I just got a ticket Friday morning for going 44 in a 30. This is a 4 lane road where every one goes at least 40 on. They just started doing speed traps this last month for the first time since I've driven on this same road every day for the last 3 years. This is a main road that cuts through 4 towns. And it isn't like there are many accidents on it. States/Towns are trying to generate more revenue in this down economy since they can't get it from taxes.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Get_Zwole

I dont think the z is a cop magnet it is if you drive stupid in front of one. I pass cops all the time that are doing the speed limit and i pass them doing 5 over then once im passed i do about 10 over. They never bother me and i never do anything stupid in front of them. Last week i was cooking at about 90 in a 75 on the turnpike to Tulsa and a cop instant on'ed me topping a hill flashed his lights at me and kept going just warned me to slow down. I still havent been pulled over speeding in my Z and im going on 2.5 years.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
I dont think the z is a cop magnet it is if you drive stupid in front of one. I pass cops all the time that are doing the speed limit and i pass them doing 5 over then once im passed i do about 10 over. They never bother me and i never do anything stupid in front of them. Last week i was cooking at about 90 in a 75 on the turnpike to Tulsa and a cop instant on'ed me topping a hill flashed his lights at me and kept going just warned me to slow down. I still havent been pulled over speeding in my Z and im going on 2.5 years.
+1, I had one just looked at me on Hwy 680, didn't do a thing, I was doing a little over 70 in a 65, nothing crazy. I have tinted widows, no front license plate also, so I agree, they're looking for the craziness more then any particle car.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Kangbang

I'm just surprised at how many people break their necks to look at the car. I keep telling myself they're looking at me lol
Old 04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Sunset350Z

I get compliments all the time about my Z and people stare when i'm driving, its kinda freaky because i'm afraid someone is going to crash into me or something. The only ticket i'm afraid of getting is one for no front plate, I wish texas would get rid of that stupid *** law
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Get_Zwole

^^ i would agree im glad OK doesnt have it cause i would have a shoebox full of those tickets lol. One thing i like about OK is they dont mind tint all that much either i have 10% on mine for 2.5 years and have never even been asked about it. OK cops are pretty chill unless your driving like an idiot. Im sure others would say they are terrible but ive never had a problem with them. 8 years driving and 3 tickets total.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 PM
SoldzMyZ

I don't mean to sound like a grandma, I personally don't drive conservatively, but I'm not stupid either. I don't go 90 though I do sometimes. One ticket in 3 years. IMO, the Z is not a cop magnet. I've done slides when there are no one around as well (when I was new to the power and was a total noobie). I just don't think the Z is a cop magnet unless you have the personality where you are totally impatient and swerve and draw attention to yourself.

OP, have fun!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
SoldzMyZ

Originally Posted by konaforever
Not neccesarily true. I just got a ticket Friday morning for going 44 in a 30. This is a 4 lane road where every one goes at least 40 on. They just started doing speed traps this last month for the first time since I've driven on this same road every day for the last 3 years. This is a main road that cuts through 4 towns. And it isn't like there are many accidents on it. States/Towns are trying to generate more revenue in this down economy since they can't get it from taxes.
Fourteen miles per hour over versus 10 miles per hour makes a huge difference. Believe me, I have friends who are cops. They will bust you even if everyone else does it. Sorry but 10 miles over the limit is calling to be pulled over. THere's a road in commerce that is a long strech frequented by big rigs. Limit is 25mph and everyone else goes 40. Guess what happen when there's a cop? There's a park and a library with kids. Therefore, who cares if everyone speeds, you know what the limit is. 35 tops for the 25limit, 25, if there is kids.

I've never been pulled over going 10mph over next to a cop.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
Never seen red and blue lights in my rear view either, then again, I haven't gotten pulled over since getting my license, ha! Beat that! lol
Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 AM
THE DEVIL Z33

Wow I don't know where you guys all live but the only ticket I ever got in my Z33 was for not having the front license plate other than that cops seem to be pretty cool here in California considering that my car isn't exactly quiet and has a 2inch drop in my previous car (eclipse turbo) I got tickets all the time especially for the exhaust and for being too low.

Quick Reply: Thoughts after owning my Z for a full week