Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why is the stealership so concerned with giving me a free oil change?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Romz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow the distrust people have. You realize these guys that work at these dealerships are just like you guys and just trying to make a living. The reason they give you a free oil change is to get you in the habit of coming there so you will come back for future service work...and when it's time to trade you are already in the habit of going there.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Romz350
Wow the distrust people have. You realize these guys that work at these dealerships are just like you guys and just trying to make a living. The reason they give you a free oil change is to get you in the habit of coming there so you will come back for future service work...and when it's time to trade you are already in the habit of going there.
But when these guys just like you are pressured to sell BS services to customers (to keep their job), or to increase the volume of customers in-and-out despite quality drop, then they deserve the bad reviews we give them here. If they want to improve the quality, I think they know how (although maybe not).
Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Romz350

Originally Posted by mthreat
But when these guys just like you are pressured to sell BS services to customers (to keep their job), or to increase the volume of customers in-and-out despite quality drop, then they deserve the bad reviews we give them here. If they want to improve the quality, I think they know how (although maybe not).
I don't work in a shop my friend
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Master Shake

+1000!

If they were actually there to help you the customer, then everyone would be happy.

The problem is that most places are there to help themselves/the stealership. They are pressured to sell you things you don't need or want, often times at huge markups, and many of the mechanics are pressured to get your car in and out as quickly as possible -- often times not doing quality work.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
mthreat

Originally Posted by Romz350
I don't work in a shop my friend
I didn't say you worked in a shop. You said, "You realize these guys that work at these dealerships are just like you guys and just trying to make a living." I replied by also saying "But when these guys just like you are pressured to sell BS services to customers ...". I could have been clearer, I apologize for the confusion. And yes, let's be friends.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Brrcats

And yes, let's be friends.
you're beyond friends, now your only option is fight to the death in the thunderdome.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Romz350

Originally Posted by Brrcats
you're beyond friends, now your only option is fight to the death in the thunderdome.

This is true...gotta go till the death.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Exodus751

your free oil change is up to sales man not nissan