2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Corvette to 350Z ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 PM
bogie1519

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in answer to your question,yes i have. i had a 97 c5 vette. like any sports car each model has it ups and downs. the vette did take some up keep.
but you get what you give if that makes sense. to me bang for your buck each car leads in its class. both cars turn heads going by.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM
ALMcCoy

Hi there, I have both a 2003 Corvette (Modded) and 2008 350Z. 2 totally different animals. Depends on what you are looking for. I actually prefer to drive corvette over the Z. But both have good and bad. Drive both and then choose.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:07 PM
brandonsz33

Default 350z

I would get a z i have a 2003 silverstone with 92k. It has kw3 coilovers, kenetix plenum, Z1 headers and test pipes, JIC y-pipe, JIC full ti exhaust(sounds crazy), Volk TE37 9.5+10.5, Cobb access port, and going on this weekend stoptech brakes. A few weeks ago i was at Carlisle,PA and autox with a fully stripped race prepped c5 Z06 running race tires and tied him for fastest time while i was running garbage hankook s1. His car had about 60 more whp and was about 500lbs les than my z. i got more looks and plus it feels great beating older men in their American muscle cars. I beat the crap out of my car daily and put 30k on it in the last year even with it being put away in the winter. I always trust it will start up without problem. I would also go as new as possible they are a bit better. good luck
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by brandonsz33
I would get a z i have a 2003 silverstone with 92k. It has kw3 coilovers, kenetix plenum, Z1 headers and test pipes, JIC y-pipe, JIC full ti exhaust(sounds crazy), Volk TE37 9.5+10.5, Cobb access port, and going on this weekend stoptech brakes. A few weeks ago i was at Carlisle,PA and autox with a fully stripped race prepped c5 Z06 running race tires and tied him for fastest time while i was running garbage hankook s1. His car had about 60 more whp and was about 500lbs les than my z. i got more looks and plus it feels great beating older men in their American muscle cars. I beat the crap out of my car daily and put 30k on it in the last year even with it being put away in the winter. I always trust it will start up without problem. I would also go as new as possible they are a bit better. good luck
You beat the driver and nothing else.

Last edited by HDPDZO6; 05-27-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:18 PM
brandonsz33

Default 350z

Yes true but this is his job and i am 19 i have not seen a c5 zo6 that that makes up in power what my car does in the turn N/A that is. it always comes down to the driver. Don't think I just hate corvettes i love them i personally wouldn't buy on unless it was a c6 zo6. More bang for buck out of a z car. If i wasn't planning on tracking i would have saved longer and got a c5 zo6 and kept it stock. Would have regretted it. With the z you can make superior to something like a corvette for far less money so for someone like me the z is reliable and within price range to have fun with.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM
HDPDZO6

Yes true but this is his job and i am 19 i have not seen a c5 zo6 that that makes up in power what my car does in the turn N/A that is.
Your car modded may have the handling of a stock C5Z06 (they handle extremely well, stock and is a very good platform to start with if building an all out track vehicle.

If i wasn't planning on tracking i would have saved longer and got a c5 zo6 and kept it stock.
A C5Z06 is more suited for the track than it is as a daily driver.

With the z you can make superior to something like a corvette for far less money so for someone like me the z is reliable and within price range to have fun with.
True, you can mod a car to handle better than another stock car. The same could be said of a Honda Civic vs 350Z. But let's understand here, the 350Z is not cheap to mod, just as a Vette isn't. As far as the price goes, you can buy a very low mileage (under 20k) C5Z06 for around 22-25k.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
King350Z

To the OP:

Drive the Z and see how you like it in comparison to your vette. I love Vettes, especially those sexy z06's =) Never driven one, but I hear good things. I do love my Z though! In my opinion, I would rather dump a lot of money into my Z and make it my own personal beast than buy a stock beast ya know? Makes it more of a personal "bonding" kinda thing. That's just me though

-Mike
Old 05-28-2009, 12:22 AM
350Zimo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wtf? What are all these people talking about? The corvette is a great car, so is the Z. End it.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Miketsi
Banned

I owned a 2000 M6 C5 a couple years ago. Bone stock with run flats it ran 13.3@108. I bought both cars with around 19k miles on them, and overall I think the 'vette was a nicer car. They both have there ups and downs, obviously, but if I were to do it over again, I'd either have an HR Z, or an 02+ Z06.

There is nothing that a 350z does better than a C5. That said, I still enjoy my '04, especially for daily driver duty, because I'm much less nervous about it, compared to how I was with the 'vette.

Last edited by Miketsi; 05-28-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 AM
FLfinfan

When I was a kid there were 2 cars I always wanted, a Z and/or a Vette. On my 1st Z now (2008) and never driven a vette. Rode in a few, but never driven, so I can't tell you what to do. Love both cars.
My neighbor has a really nice burgandy vette. Pretty new. Sweet car, but it scrapes going into and out of the driveway. I'm sure the Nismo Z I originally wanted would do the same. A guy down the street has a tricked out LeMans Sunset Z with body kit, nismo wheels etc.... I would take that Z over the neighbors vette. There are 5 vettes in my hood. Only 2 Z's.

Last edited by FLfinfan; 05-28-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Busted*Shox

I went from this to a Z and I honestly still question myself each day why I did it. I love both cars and they each do something the other didnt do so its hard to say but I can tell you...take 10k and put it into a vette and you have a dragstrip/auto-x/ even 26mpg daily beast.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:25 AM
itsamyZ!

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
wat?
We have a 07 vette the one just under the z06, I thought it was a C5, dont know much about it as it is hubby's hobby/weekend car and I dont drive it much Sorry if I put the wrong type on here I know I have an 09 ZR Touring

I actually dont know much about cars all together but I am learning on the Z, never had a car that I wanted to do stuff to before this one, from the factory was always good enough for me now I want to mod my Z so while I am learning I am not by any means knowledgeable about this stuff at all.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 AM
ALMcCoy

These are the two I have

Love them both. But as I said 2 totally different animals
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM
TJGILROY

nice rims almccoy!!! you could almost switch them out...they would look good on either one.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 AM
touring04me

Originally Posted by Goin' Sidewayz!

This is such a biased forum. Of course everyone here will tell you to get the Z . . . this is a 350Z forum. DUH!!! Go out and test drive the Z. If you like it more than your vette, then make the purchase.
'tard, he asked if anyone went from a vette to a Z.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Amirs350z

Just as someone else said it's comparing apples to oranges. Test drive one and see how you like it. I'd try to keep both if you can get a smoking deal on the Z.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Any reason you decided to brag about all the parts you put on your car...

Yes true but this is his job and i am 19 i have not seen a c5 zo6 that that makes up in power what my car does in the turn N/A that is. it always comes down to the driver. Don't think I just hate corvettes i love them i personally wouldn't buy on unless it was a c6 zo6. More bang for buck out of a z car. If i wasn't planning on tracking i would have saved longer and got a c5 zo6 and kept it stock. Would have regretted it. With the z you can make superior to something like a corvette for far less money so for someone like me the z is reliable and within price range to have fun with.
that your mom and dad payed for?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:16 PM
C5_vette

intersting thread... best thing to do is go test drive one... both great cars... I personally would not go from my C5 to a Z.. but If I did I would go for an HR...

the vette obviously has a ton more mod potential but if you are just going to keep the cars stock then it does not matter...

I would say the interior of the Z is nicer than the vette.

vette gets better gas mileage if you care about that sort of thing (most dont)

reliability is about the same for both cars... my vette has 106,000 miles on it now, 60+ drag passes, tons of backroad cruising, and its my DD.. and I have had no major problems with it

from the Z's I have driven the steering felt tighter which was nice, but IMO the handling was not as good as the C5 (stock for stock, this was just my personal feeling)... now my freinds that have upgraded suspensions on their Z's kick my butt through the corners all day ( my suspesnion is still stock)....
Old 05-28-2009, 04:33 PM
BrokenVow

Hey guys is this a good price for a C5?

I know this isn't pertinent to anything but I stumbled upon in and thought I'd share. I REALLY hope someone goes home with it for 20k more than what it's worth.

Jesus.

Trade in your C5 to this dealer. Maybe They'll give you 30k for it.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
bogie1519

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Same here. With my Z06, I got;

-Better power
-Better handling
-Better mileage
-more interior space

The only thing my 350Z over the vette was better seats and a better cup holder (although the 350Z cup holder is pretty crappy as well).

I loved my 350Z, but I am also realistic... A different class of sports car.

i've had both also, wish i still had my vette,but the 350 i drive everyday it's a
damn good 2 seater sports car. really can't compare the two unless 20,000 dollars price difference means anything

Quick Reply: 2002 Corvette to 350Z ??