Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 03:48 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by haria05161
Norel350Z & Yobri,

May I know where do you order your bumper plug ? Thanks
I have a temp fix on my car right now, but I'm interested in ordering bumper plugs too, if they fit the holes that my dealer drilled in my car (they look pretty big).

It is widely known that bumperplugs.com offers bumper plugs for cars that have drilled holes in them. I'm awaiting a response to my above question before executing an order for a pair from them.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:26 AM
Norel350Z

Default hole info

I got mine from the site you spoke of, bumperplugs.com.

as for the size of the hole. the hole themselves where 3/16ths in size, with the pugs come install instructions, and the size of the hole has to be around 1/4 inches to fit securly... so i had to actually widen my holes (which scared me) but one run through with a drill, took all of 2 seconds, and it was done. If your holes are a little bigger then 1/4 inches it suggests wraping the screw in electrical tape.

one side note, they aren't really screws per say... they are more like the pins that are used on cars to hold fabric on the car. there aren't really threads, just like barbed... not sure how easy it is to uninstall them. Like i said before i was very very pleased with the way they came out.. ill run outside and take a pic and post it up, be back in 5

-Brendan

Last edited by Norel350Z; 09-27-2003 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:30 AM
Norel350Z

Default Pics of plugs on my SS

Here are some picks of them on my SS

another

Hope that helps,

-Brendan
Old 09-27-2003, 09:25 AM
ktm
Banned

It sounds like I was fortunate to buy the car from my local dealership. They gave me the car with the front license plate bracket in a clear bag in the back of the car, along with the cargo net. The only dealership advertisement on the car is a paper plate that is adorning the rear license plate holder.

I was going to remove the advertisement, then I remembered all the hassle I got when I owned a new motorcycle. I was stopped no less than 5 times by the police to verify ownership of the bike.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:26 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

They look nice Norel. Thanks for posting the pics, think I'm gonna order a set now.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Gunnar

Default well

if you live in Texas you have no real choice you must have a front license plate. Hence forth holes I did it myself. I didn't want to but I didn't want the ticket either.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:47 PM
IMAZLPR

that's weird!!! my Z have the thing that the license plate hangs onto, it's like an extended bracket from behind the bumper. i guess yours different. but i dont have any wholes in the front of mine, it's all on the bracket. let me give you a quick website to see what im talking about.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z/7things.html

Last edited by IMAZLPR; 09-28-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Jsn350Z

I also told them not to right away. One of the first things I said.

Although they said they dont do that without customer approval first anyways.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:11 PM
alexj74

Hey "Norel350Z"

Your bumber plugs look great!!! I have an 03 Silverstone and was wondering what color you picked when you ordered them. I'm trying to get a pair myself but I'm not sure which color to choose from the dropdown menu. Which color matches the silverstone?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Norel350Z

Default SS

I belive the color is sterling Silver, or something to that degree, if you go on the website there is a color matching chart for non porshe cars... thats all i did, SS was listed, picked the color that they said went with it, and the ones that i go, where the ones in the pic, no repainting or anything...

WWW.bumperplugs.com

use it know it love it

even better this is the color match site address

http://www.geocities.com/esklut/PlugColorMatch.html

Nissan (Z) Silverstone= Metallic Sparkling Silver Metallic
Nissan (Z) Chrome Silver= Titanium Silver Met
Nissan (Z) Super Black= Black
Nissan (Z) Redline= Chili Red

Its kinda werid how they don't have all the Z colors.. o well sucks for DB, LS, PW and BY

hope that helps
Old 10-03-2003, 10:26 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I wish I could have gotten the word out to more people that there is an alternative to having your dealer drill holes in your bumper. My 'Zee-Bracket' is now being sold by 30 Nissan Dealers across the US as well as through CourtesyNissan.com

For those that must have a front plate it really is a better way to go.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Norel350Z

I got my Z bracket.. and i have to admit at first i thought it was the hardest install of anything ive ever done on my car... then i realised that i should have had the hood open and been reaching through there the whole time, and not trying to wiggle my figers through the grill....

But the Z bracket ROCKS!!!!....

def a must have, although i hate front plates all together, so even though my bracket is fully installed i refuse to put my front plate on till i get a ticket, or get my vanity plates, which ever comes first ...

One question though AUdioPat.. did you ever give any thought to makeing something that mounted to the car via the toe hook, to avoid having to mount it too the grill.. just a thought.. love the product none the less.. def recommend it....

ps- you and bumperpluggs.com should get together and start hitting up the front plate state Nissan shops.. you guys would make a mean tag team
Old 10-04-2003, 10:30 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Norel350Z
did you ever give any thought to makeing something that mounted to the car via the toe hook, to avoid having to mount it too the grill..
StrictlyZ sells exactly what you are referring to.... though it doesn't come cheap.

http://www.strictlyz.com
Old 10-04-2003, 11:00 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Thanks Norel for the nice comments...I put a picture in the instruction sheet that shows the install with the hood open..sorry if you missed that

I did consider a tow hook version but abandoned it in favor of the current design for a number of reasons

As I mentioned earlier, I now have about 30 Nissan dealerships across the country selling my 'Zee-Bracket' See our website for a dealer near you

I've also told many folks about BumperPlugs.com. Seems to me the best way to take care of those unsightly holes. It's really a shame that more people don't know to call their dealer and ask them not to drill the holes in their cars. If they tell you they can't release the car without a front plate holder tell them you will provide one that doesn't require holes.

Last edited by AudioPat; 10-04-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:04 PM
KONVERTER

i got my zee bracket at universal nissan here in cali... i got it and put it on the day i had to get my ticket signed and turned in that i put a plate on...

i didnt use a dril to install it.. just pushed the screw driver into the plastic and turned...

it looks cool too
Old 10-04-2003, 11:27 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Thanks Konverter

Just sent Universal another shipment. Valencia Nissan just ordered another dozen. They want to have them available for all their Z's At least they aren't drilling those great looking bumpers

Hope you can make the Canyon Run on 10-12...hope to meet you there
Old 10-04-2003, 11:37 PM
KONVERTER

valencia nissan is where i got my nissan... i went in there alot of times askinfor z bracket and they ended up sending me to universal..

they only stock maybe 2 - 3 z's at a time...

when i bought mine they had 3...

usually they have 2..
Old 10-04-2003, 11:48 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

When they first ordered they said they were tired of having to send people to Universal to get them I love to hear things like that

And thanks for bugging them about it
Old 10-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Norel350Z

ya i wish they didn't drill my bumper, but alot of places do it when they first recieve the car... no worries i still like the bumperplugs... I acutally don't have the plate on it still, and tonight as im driving past a cop he waves me down as im making a left turn across the front of him, I start thinking great here comes my first ticket... so i pull up next to him, and he says "Nice car, don't ruin it with a front plate" my jaw almost dropped, he wished me luck with it, and off i went..... The Z bracket is Fully installed, and its cool, because no one even notices it, i had to point it out to about 5 diffrent people since ive put it in... if and when i get a ticket then ill put the actual plate on

As for the direction, ya i got mine in the box, but come on, us real men don't need directions

Thanks again for a great product..

-Brendan

Last edited by Norel350Z; 10-05-2003 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:16 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Great story Brendan

Thanks for the compliments

Quick Reply: Damn Front License Plate Holes !!!