Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ebay Headers + More.. My Experience..

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
yaro's350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTwinTTurbo
Headers and test pipes were added. Dyno'd before both on..then after both on. Can't tell how much each mod did. I have multiple dyno charts
you have the DE or the HR?
maybe some engines respond differently to those because MOST people say headers give 5WHP at most.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:37 PM
TTwinTTurbo

I have the DE. The engine dyno'd 228 with spacer, intake, catback.....249 after headers and test pipes....Can't really tell whether the headers didnt add anything or not. Can't really say.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 PM
YOGURT!

I also have the DE.
I dont know what the problem is here? just cause theyre cheap?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:05 AM
King350Z

Originally Posted by yaro's350z
to the guy that said he gained 20 whp and 16 wtq im questioning that, unless they were long tubes which eliminate the cat all together.

i was looking into the long tubes actually, it wouldn't be street legal (cali laws) but hey, who would know
said it once, and i'll say it again, my OBX long tubes, although cheap, did me some good in my tune. more mid range torque, me like it a lot!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:14 AM
forcinduct

Default headers

I think i will chime in on this one and in Yogurts deffence....mind you not that he needs it, I have known him from the 3si boards (of wich i am still a member) for a while, and have read countless post as well as talked to people who known him. He is always trying to improve whatever platform he is on, and is a respected member over there. I know we have a been around much longer (platform wise 3si.org) but this board has to many know it all's. I think what was said in previous post holds true, some products are cheap but actually work. Don't be stuck to one brand .....learn how to data log yourself as most of the 3si and turbo guys do, and then we will have cold hard numbers and data to back up many of the claims. The more brands and people willing to try them helps further develope the platform and eventaully brings down cost of said products. Yougurt this is forcindut from 3siny home of ray pampena 1,000hp 3000gt ....tommy twoak 600hp 3000gt ...and my 96 to 99 conversion 450hp 3000gt. I am now a proud owner of a 350z roadster 2004 11,000 orig miles ,coustom stainless steel headers, tpro test pipes, stillen exhaust stainless dual, motordyne 5/16 spacer ,nismo intake.

p.s. you dont need a cypher cable to log .....i am using my same cable and hardware from my 3000gt days. I data logged my 350z using it and my pocket pc hp 2210(I can also use my laptop and the dyno software on either machine for hp an 0-60 time). pm me if anybody is interested.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
YOGURT!

whats up forcinduct? thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it!
its too bad about the 3s platform.
I still say if that car was in that horse **** movie TFATF that platform and its re-sale value wouldve been 100X Better than it currently is (ala supra, which, we all know, can nevarrrr lose)
I know its hard for people to believe that cheap alternatives CAN sometimes work effectively.
hell, we COULD be the 3s platform that has NO aftermarket, so we had to make parts.. lol.
how long did the non turbo guys wait for headers? 15 years?
anyway. again, thanks for the kind words, I miss the **** out of my TT.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
mgrotel

How are these headers holding up?

Nothing better than finding cheap parts that make gains. And for the guy saying he is all experienced, you paid all that money to mod a de and didn't gain anything, yet you are praising the mods you did. Doesn't add up in my head.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
zlatan

Originally Posted by mgrotel

Nothing better than finding cheap parts that make gains. And for the guy saying he is all experienced, you paid all that money to mod a de and didn't gain anything, yet you are praising the mods you did. Doesn't add up in my head.
Dude quit bumping all the threads that talk about these headers, do yourself a favor and don't waste the time and money on headers. It's not worth the money and time.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:28 PM
zlatan

Dude quit bumping all the threads that talk about these headers, do yourself a favor and don't waste the time and money on headers. It's not worth the money and time.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 PM
mgrotel

WTF man, I want to know if they all held up or if they cracked/broke like some said they would. You don't know my situation so stfu if you don't have something productive to post. I'd rather spend $100 for 5hp than $800 for 15hp. Either way, my interest is not power gains but getting exh gasses out.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Arvin89

Originally Posted by zlatan
I disagree. If... and only IF the following are all true:

If the car made gains (which headers usually dont, from what ive heard)
AND if he paid a low price
AND if the headers are still in good condition.

I mean if all of those are true, then its worth the money for sure.. ($100? intakes cost more than that!) the time however is an entirely different situation, I for one do not have the patience to even attempt the headers. Test pipes pissed me off enough.

However, i too would like to know how the headers are holding up, out of curiosity.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:52 PM
mgrotel

They are not tough to do if the engine is out of the car. GD idiots making all this stupid assumptions about not worth the time etc etc, stfu and quit wasting my time posting. My question was not directed to you zlatan so why are you even posting?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
zlatan

They are not tough to do if the engine is out of the car. GD idiots making all this stupid assumptions about not worth the time etc etc, stfu and quit wasting my time posting. My question was not directed to you zlatan so why are you even posting?
Because your wasting my time reading your posts in every thread your bumping. I'm giving you some sound advice; I'm sure you've searched this forum and found the results of headers on the DE to be minimal gains. Not only that they make the car obnoxiously loud if your running any sort of decent exhaust with test pipes. Different strokes for different folks. You're calling people idiots on this forum, you're the idiot looking at $100 dollar headers.

Last edited by zlatan; 01-04-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
mgrotel

Originally Posted by yaro's350z
to the guy that said he gained 20 whp and 16 wtq im questioning that, unless they were long tubes which eliminate the cat all together.

i was looking into the long tubes actually, it wouldn't be street legal (cali laws) but hey, who would know
Originally Posted by zlatan
Because your wasting my time reading your posts in every thread your bumping. I'm giving you some sound advice; I'm sure you've searched this forum and found the results of headers on the DE to be minimal gains. Not only that they make the car obnoxiously loud if your running any sort of decent exhaust with test pipes. Different strokes for different folks. Your calling people idiots on this forum, your the idiot looking at $100 dollar headers.
Why are you still posting? Quit reading, IT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU in the first place! Sound advice my ***, you sound like a moron to me. I didn't call people idiots on here, it was singular as in just you. If I can spend $100 to get the nitrous gasses out of my engine quicker vs $800 and these headers are holding up then it's a pretty easy decision, and makes your advice garbage. I don't care about gains when I'm not spraying. If I want to go fast I'll hit a button. Get it?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:23 PM
mgrotel

Anyway.... They ever break on you OP?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:25 PM
zlatan

Why are you still posting? Quit reading, IT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU in the first place! Sound advice my ***, you sound like a moron to me. I didn't call people idiots on here, it was singular as in just you. If I can spend $100 to get the nitrous gasses out of my engine quicker vs $800 and these headers are holding up then it's a pretty easy decision, and makes your advice garbage. I don't care about gains when I'm not spraying. If I want to go fast I'll hit a button. Get it?

I didn't realize you drive a race car my bad man, you must be making mad horsepowerz with all those bolt-ons.

Enjoy your Nos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZTSmF9zt_Q
Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
mgrotel

Haha, that vid cracks me up.

Back on topic
Old 01-03-2011, 11:07 PM
drivessidewayz

You look like an idiot for not knowing the difference between "you're" and "your". Just sayin'...
Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If any of you would have bothered to click on YOGURT!'s name and picked "Find more posts by Yogurt!" you might have seen that his last post was 4/2/2010. It was a FS thread in which he was selling his Z. Chances are pretty good that he won't be responding to any questions about the headers.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 AM
mgrotel

my bad, I didn't realize he sold the car

Quick Reply: Ebay Headers + More.. My Experience..