Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan sales training lies

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 02:19 PM
NissaNZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The highest 0-60 time recorded by a mag on the s2000 is 6.8sec . Now which is better a 5.8 worst time for the Z or 6.8 worst for the s2000?

Also let's get one thing straight, there is no way in hell an s2000 is going to beat a Z in acceleration in the real world so please stop dreaming.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:57 PM
mdouvris

Default look at raceboys Gtech's

Silver streak... Take raceboys times to your little forum...We are not concerned with some sales jive from the parent company. We are ready to drive.....and drive faster than you!
Old 08-28-2002, 04:58 PM
The Unabageler

I own and race an s2000. My boss just took delivery of a 350Z with the track package. We're both going to thunderhill on tuesday. Lap times will answer everything

Last edited by The Unabageler; 08-28-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:01 PM
The Unabageler

Exclamation

for all you people who can only drive in a straight line (see the pyramid of speed to know what I think about that), Thunderhill is a real race track (not a 1/4 mile strip of pavement) with turns and elevation and everything! boy howdy!!!

Last edited by The Unabageler; 08-28-2002 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:03 PM
The Unabageler

I do have to say though, those brembo brakes look sweeet! I like that you can bleed them w/o taking off the wheel, I wish my calipers were built like that.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:32 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by The Unabageler
I own and race an s2000. My boss just took delivery of a 350Z with the track package. We're both going to thunderhill on tuesday. Lap times will answer everything
As a HUGE road racing fan, I eagerly await the results of this outing. I do hope however that there's not a sizable gap between your skill level and that of your boss, otherwise, you can throw the lap times out the window.

Too bad you're not going to Road Atlanta. Now there's a track with some elevation!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:13 PM
dwnlojedi

hey unabagler,

have fun at thunderhill... i hope your boss has had enough time to get through the break-in period for his Z before he gets a chance to tangle with your nice, although high revving torqueless wonder motorcycle of a car.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:21 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by SilverStreak
Relax pops, you are starting to sound like a BMW owner
I'll let that one slide. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

You also might want to have a look at your 350Z demographics before you speak to soon about young punks having it. 30K is hardly a barrier to entry for young people these days.
Yep, $30K's not a lot of money for someone who plans to live with mommy and daddy until they're 45.

I didn't think you guys would be so touchy on this issue and start throwing cheap shots right away.
If the truth hurts, leave.

I mearly wanted opposing opinions on the training material that NISSAN has issued not to get into a car vs car debate.
No, you didn't. You came here to start trouble. It's blatantly obvious from the verbiage you used in the S2K forum.

To the guy who doesn't check other sites...
Don't need other sites. I found one I like, and a car I like even more.

A true auto enthusiast appreciates all forms of cars and has a wider view than just what they drive. Yes, I am on here to learn more about the 350. Having tunnel vision is only good for when you want to hear your exhaust scream...
All noise, no go = Rice. Rice = Honda.

Oh yes, I have a chain thank you very much but I don't share the same engine with everyone in the product line and their dogs
When you have a winner, you stick with it. 'Nuff said.

I believe I'm just about done with you. Kindly close the door on your way out.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Subw00er

Guys lets get realistic. BOTH cars are great, and I think when yo uget to this level of car, it becomes personal preference, so there is no "better" choice.

I do speak from experience since both my father and sister own S2000s. Its a great car, you cant knock it. But I, on the other hand, bought a Z.

Whatever floats your boat...!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:38 PM
SandMan

Just cuz it's a honda doesn't make it rice. I don't understand why people misunderstand the term rice. I drove the S2000 and I really liked the way it handled and it is a very fun car to drive. But my only problem with the car is the lack of torque on 5th and 6th gear. That's one reason I am getting the Z. I just don't understand why people just say rice this rice that. Rice = ugly, rediculous, non performance mods that are just wrong. I don't know where the S2000 or hondas fall into that category. Yes I seen civic riced up but that doesn't make the whole company rice. Sorry to sound like I am bitching, but if your gonna slander something, do it right.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:48 PM
rai

I am one of the biggest fans of the S2000. Anyone that has driven an S2000 will know there is nothing gutless about the engine. If you haven't driven it you don't know what you are talking about. The transmission and shifter are the best in autodom (The Z is in the same league from what I have read).

But this whole post was started in such a childish manner it's no wonder it became flame city. So you like the S2000, why not give us your opinions why you like the S2000 over the Z in a civilized manner? Instead you go attacking us and Nissan because of an ad/sales booklet? Like we have any control over that.

If there's one thing we can agree on it's that most car salesman are slimey.

Now we all know the S2000 is lighter than the Z. BFD it's lighter than a 360 modena too. For some reason larger more powerful cars tend to weigh more than smaller less powerful cars (go figure). I'm sure a good deal of that extra weight is a result of the Z's bigger engine (3.5L V6 vs 2L 4 banger).

I don't know why the 350Z's engine has to be put down because nissan happens to put it in a lot of cars and SUV's. It is one of the best V6's in the world, has a proven history. I'm not calling the S2000 gutless, but with 154 lb/ft of torque at 7400rpm, the Z has nearly twice as much torque, and has over 240 lb/ft from 2400 rpm to redline.

Also I have no faith in this "my boss has a Z and I have a S2000 crapy track time". That has no merit to a serious discussion. The biggest factor is the skill of the respective drivers. The Z may not be broken in either. The best way to judge is in the hands of a professional unbiased driver. Put it this way give a suckey driver a 911 turbo and a great driver a S2000. If the S2000 turns in the faster lap times does that prove anything?
Old 08-28-2002, 07:01 PM
DBZ

Default Re: Nissan sales training lies

Originally posted by SilverStreak
Hmm, why does Nissan need to lie about such things? Are they afraid of stacking up against the S2K? Hmm..

go here

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=78821

" And the award goes to. . . ."
Attached Thumbnails Nissan sales training lies-assclown.jpg  
Old 08-28-2002, 07:08 PM
The Unabageler

I'm going to drive both cars for lap times...boss is a 100% beginner. Times will be recorded with a hotlap, and no way in hell would he go to the track w/ finishing break-in!! 4 days and 450 miles already, with a 180mi drive to the track...no doubts it will be good to go

He just let me drive it back from dinner and it's a really great ride...but here are my picking points thus far: steering feel is heavy, flywheel needs to be lightened and exhaust needs to be louder (racecars should be heard before they're seen ) but he's putting in a fujitsubo exhaust on friday. I have a neuspeed exhaust on my s2k to boost the sound over the stock.

The ride was incredibly smooth and the handling was precise. Clutch feel is a bit light compared to the s2000 (stock drivetrain), I like a heavier pressure plate.

I'm really excited to see what I can do with it at TH! My current best lap there is a 2:11.424 with AMB timing (reference: honda hall of fame) on toyo RA-1s and some SEVERLY cracked rotors (they split in half by the end of the day). With good brakes and cooler weather I'm hoping to break 2:10 but my new tires might slow me down. The fact that all but 1 other person on that list of S2000s was wearing hoosiers will hopefully indicate something about my driving...(I hope )

I'm not expecting those laptimes with the Z on stock tires but I'm sure I will be impressed nonetheless

please guys, I'm being unbiased and as objective as I can. From what I've seen so far the Z is awesome and has a lot of potential and I'd probably buy one if I had the cash laying around.

Why I prefer the s2k:I like the screeching note of the s2k engine going to 9k and the lighter/quicker response of every piece of the car. I feel like the car is an extension of my body moreso than with the Z, that may have to do with the lack of roof on my car. Some may call it cramped, but I call it snug. I get in my car and I become a part of it. There's nothing there but car anywhere you look. No frills, no extra gizmos, just pure car. I can't imagine driving endlessly with the Z like I have with the S...I spent my first year and a half of ownership driving 2000miles a month and living only 2 miles from work. Driving in the hills at night and not being able to look up at the stars would dampen the mood a bit I imagine. I never owned a convertible before this, and I don't think I can go without one for the rest of my life. hmmm, what else do I love about my car....ease of repair is nice, I do all the repairs/modifications myself in the garage. Can't compare that to the Z though, I don't have the slightest clue what it's like to work on. The best thing is the community and friends I've made with the car...everyone who has an S2k bought it for the feeling of the car, everyone is an enthusiast. I go racing with s2k friends, we go to lunch every week...I've made more friends this way than almost any other situation in my life. May sound dorky, but it's true. I moved across country and the first people I met were two s2k owners who took me driving in the santa cruz mountains and we're great friends. One is in the Oct. SCC comparison against the spoon s2k and alongside the test drives of the Z.

anyway, there's some of my thoughts. hope I didn't rant too long.

Last edited by The Unabageler; 08-28-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:18 PM
Brad4rdHay

Default Nissan Lies

In the words of Jeff "The Dude" Lebowsky, "Yeah, well thats just..like you oppinion man.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:23 PM
SilverStreak

Who is the unarmed person here, calling every rice without understanding the context under which it should be used. You have a superiority complex which equal BMW owners that is why you have nothing to say to that.

In the auto industry and with technology in general, you need to constantly improve even if you have a good design. Nissan just took the cheap way out to reduce the cost. The VQ was not originally designed specifically for a sports car. I am sure there are other cost saving parts rounded up from the parts bin of other cars just to save cost.

You should recheck my post where I have not put up any numbers, put up and feel on handling, any negative comments about the Z's performance since I haven't driven it yet, so I will reserve those comments till then. Like a few on your own board have said, you really need to drive it to have any merit on talking about performance comparisons.

For a guy who will drive an affordable Nissan, and calling Hondas rice or all noise no go, that is like a BMW calling Mercedes an over valued German product.

On paper and later in the real world, you'll see the cars are closely match, but the biggest drawbacks on racetracks is weight, every racer knows this.

Originally posted by NSANY

I'll let that one slide. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Yep, $30K's not a lot of money for someone who plans to live with mommy and daddy until they're 45.

If the truth hurts, leave.

No, you didn't. You came here to start trouble. It's blatantly obvious from the verbiage you used in the S2K forum.

Don't need other sites. I found one I like, and a car I like even more.

All noise, no go = Rice. Rice = Honda.

When you have a winner, you stick with it. 'Nuff said.

I believe I'm just about done with you. Kindly close the door on your way out.

Last edited by SilverStreak; 08-28-2002 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:48 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by The Unabageler
I'm really excited to see what I can do with it at TH! My current best lap there is a 2:11.424 with AMB timing (reference: honda hall of fame) on toyo RA-1s and some SEVERLY cracked rotors (they split in half by the end of the day). With good brakes and cooler weather I'm hoping to break 2:10 but my new tires might slow me down.
I seriously hope you can drive faster than 2:10's at TH. I would turn low 2:11's all day long in a freakin 138hp Toyota MR2 Spyder on A032R's. Thing is the little MR2 had a flat torque of 125lbs/ft from about 2000rpms to redline. That torque was available all the time and was only what, 13lbs feet less than the Stooks max?? But the car weighed about 500lbs less than the Stook.

That was the most satisfying thing about the MRS. Passing S2K's, Boxter S's, M3's et all. Ultiamately though, power corrupts! The MRS had to go. Can't wait to spank some real heavy artillery in the Z.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:42 PM
nizl

Hatchback. 6 cylinder. $30k.

Z.

P.S. Yes the "lies" (more like mistakes) in the sales brochure are lame. And Nissan should correct them. But let's face it all corporations are just like the government: corrupt and incompetent.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:46 PM
The Unabageler

looking at your profile, you have 8 more years life experience than I do and I would assume that means you have more driving experience as well. What if I told you my first track day was 15 months ago, would that make any difference to your opinion on my laptimes?

Don't worry, I'll get to those times sooner than you think Racing is 10% car, 90% driver, and I'm sure you will make better use of the Z than I will be able to.

I agree with you though about the passing, in my S I love flying by the vipers et. al. that don't know what to do with all that power This winter I'm upping my torque curve (flat like your toyota) and dropping my weight so watch out
Old 08-28-2002, 11:08 PM
SilverStreak

hmm seem like this propaganda has been posted up here before

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=4124

why not give this dude the welcoming you gave this thread.

Quick Reply: Nissan sales training lies