folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
balla.
LOL
Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Citrus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This does raise some valid points though. I am out $192 due to a seller here delaying a transaction on me (said he lost a part). Paid him in March and I still have neither parts nor refund. He had 100% positive feedback from 9 other transactions so I made the mistake of trusting him past the 45 day claim mark. Now he doesn't respond to PM's or emails, but he's still here browsing around, posting up progress of his LS2 build. I called him out a couple times in his threads and he agreed to refund my money if I removed my posts. No dice.

There is absolutely nothing I can do to make him return my $192 and neither my bank nor paypal can reverse the transaction.

Its a hard lesson to learn, but at least you got your money back.

#1 - If you do not have a box in your hands within 2 weeks, file a complaint with Paypal
#2 - Always use a credit card to pay for paypal transactions, you can file a fraudulent charge claim with your credit card company even if paypal will not refund your money. You must file such a claim within 60 days of the transaction typically. There is no such protection for debit card or bank account transfers.
#3 - Open the box before signing - always always always. Whatever you sign for is now yours. If it is not in the condition described, deny delivery and force them to return it.

Last edited by Citrus; 07-29-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
MDHRZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See what happens when you buy used parts
Old 07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

haha whatever, buying from vendors here is equally risky with the amount of $hit I've seen going on lately. well educated buyers and sellers will do everything they possibly can to protect themselves from the transaction going bad - and that includes filtering who they buy from (vendors included) and sell to. trust me, lots of risk on the sellers part too. dealing with people doing chargebacks is always a risk.

Last edited by Entaille; 07-29-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Globalscan

Just wrong
Old 07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
jasabeast

balla.
Ladies and Gents i present you our own my350z peeping tom
Old 07-29-2009, 05:52 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These 3 statements

Originally Posted by jasabeast
why would you buy used parts?
if your gonna buy something why not get it new save up. Why settle for used products
ok so ill get a turbo run the absolute crap out of it then sell it to you and you thro it on and blow it up Horray for used parts

i mean if the money is very tight all the time i could see ur reasoning of buying used stuff.. thats just my opinion..
PLUS this one...

lol i could have bought the 370 when i got the Z i just didnt wanna rack the bills up and have to stay at home thru the week.. so i settled with the 06 and have plenty of extra spending money

EQUALS = CONTRADICTION

Please think before you speak...

You say, why purchase a USED item and degrade the people doing this and the idea of purchasing one, and make it pointless to purchase a USED item if purchasing a new item causes financial hardship...

yet, I assume by your last statement, you purchase a USED vehicle due to the same reason you stated why you shouldn't purchase NEW items (I could've gotten a 370z but wanted to avoid staying at home, so I got a 06).... umm yeah, kind of eating up your own words.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:54 PM
jubes

balla.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:59 PM
jasabeast

haha dude you cant compare 300 to 20000
Its like hey guys i bought a 2009 Nissan 370z just ordered tail lights from another guy on here.. swap out brand new tail lights for used ones real good financial investment haha.. all im saying is im my opinion (could care less what you have to say) i would never buy a used part for my car. by all means if you want to go ahead no one is stoping you. even tho i did buy a used Z i would buy something someone else already used on theirs..
Old 07-29-2009, 06:02 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

He didnt peep anything that wasnt public on the net
Old 07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
jubes

haha dude you cant compare 300 to 20000
Its like hey guys i bought a 2009 Nissan 370z just ordered tail lights from another guy on here.. swap out brand new tail lights for used ones real good financial investment haha.. all im saying is im my opinion (could care less what you have to say) i would never buy a used part for my car. by all means if you want to go ahead no one is stoping you. even tho i did buy a used Z i would buy something someone else already used on theirs..
Please use the preview button before you post... it'll allow you to save face around here.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
MDHRZ

Where's a face palm when you need one....
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
jubes

Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 PM
jasabeast

your worse than a female bro...you got the gist of what i was saying you just couldnt find anything else to b!tch about.. so of course everyone looks for grammar errors haha... what a forum for????? Opinions, advice...ect..
Old 07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Toasterflyer

Does not matter what forum you are on..you can still get scammed.

People on Ebay get scammed everyday..and nothing is done about it..

I got scammed (only $75)..but still..its not right.. I have their address and if I find myself at some point in NH...I will be stopping by.. :-).

a friend tried to do it to someone on ebay a while back..this guy bought an old wooden steering wheel..well the guy thought it was cracked to he sent it back for a refund..and my buddy never sent it back....

well the guy showed up in his driveway..asking for the money..haha..
my buddy is such a D--k..you have no idea.

These days you have know idea who you are dealing with and at what lengths they may go..in order to take care of something.

You could be selling to ..a lawyer..FBI agent, police officer..etc.. you really just never know..
Plus with this economy..there are more scammers out there..

buyer beware!! There is a sucker born every minute !!

Rich
ny
For those u have been scammed start believing in Karma..

Originally Posted by tw8715
I ordered some tail lights off a forum member here.

Sent payment and got tracking info! seemed all good untill i got this PM from him.....

Eric,

Read the above PM very closely. This is the final peice to what a scammer does to you. You have been part of an expirement in which I wanted to prove how easy it is for people on this forum to get scammed out of their hard earned money. Why did I do this you ask? I got scammed just like you a month or so ago and got knocked 500 USD and I wanted to prove to the forum admin that this forum is unsafe and changes must be made so that this kinda crap does not happen anymore.

This is what people will do to you. First they find a "WTB" that you have posted and they say they have your item. They then talk you into paying for it without seeing any pictures or proof the seller actually has the item like you did. They then receive the paypal money instantly and send you a phony package with a delivery confirmation. This reassures you everything is OK and you rest at ease. When you get the phony package, you sign for it and take it inside, only to find that the item is NOT what you ordered.

You file a claim with paypal and say that you got scammed and they sent you junk. Well guess what? Paypal doesn't care because you did this transaction outside ebay and they will not cover you for an "Item not as described" claim. If you file an "Item not received" claim then they will get YOU for fraud because guess what? The seller has that handy signature confirmation number AND your signature that you got it. So you are class A screwed over by the system.

The second way a seller can keep your money without the claim is by stalling you. Usually the seller will then send you an "excuse" some saying the item was lost, others saying you got the wrong item, or they are refunding you ect. Like my last PM to you (a prime example). But of course the seller has NO intention of that and just wants to stall you. Why? This delays the process and gives the scammer time to escape with your funds. You see paypal has a 45 day timeframe in which you have time to file a claim. If you wait over that period you can no longer ever get your money back because paypal claims it is simply "Not their problem".

Either way, people scam the crap out of you and get away with it. It is unfortunate people do this but they do, and they burn you everytime.

I myself was burned last month like I mentioned above when a guy sold me a Koyo Radiator for 500 USD and I used paypal and found a box full of paper. I lost the paypal claim and learned a very hard lesson.

I am sorry I put you through this expirement but after I read your "paypal help" thread I decided I needed to teach you this lesson so you do not lose hundreds or even thousands of dollars through this forum or any other.

I have already gotten a refund processing back to you for your 300 USD. You will not lose a cent in this expirement.

Good luck to you and your Z sir, and DEAL SAFELY please.

Sincerely,
Justin

CRAZY lol before folks... But i did get my refund.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:21 PM
reebok_I_3

scammers are the only reason why i dont buy things that arent local. if i cant find it locally, then im SOL. if i can afford to lose a few hundred to a thousand bucks then maybe ill buy from long distant sellers. i hardly ever do though.

as for the people arguing about new or used, there are just some items that are in just as good condition as brand new items. tail lights for example, if there are no scratches or cracks whatsoever and the condition is just as good as new, why not buy it for cheaper. not everyone is blessed with a great amount of money as others. so lets not discriminate people for not spending more than another person.

Quick Reply: WoW! Scam Lesson 101