Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

WoW! Scam Lesson 101

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 AM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WoW! Scam Lesson 101

I ordered some tail lights off a forum member here.

Sent payment and got tracking info! seemed all good untill i got this PM from him.....

Eric,

Read the above PM very closely. This is the final peice to what a scammer does to you. You have been part of an expirement in which I wanted to prove how easy it is for people on this forum to get scammed out of their hard earned money. Why did I do this you ask? I got scammed just like you a month or so ago and got knocked 500 USD and I wanted to prove to the forum admin that this forum is unsafe and changes must be made so that this kinda crap does not happen anymore.

This is what people will do to you. First they find a "WTB" that you have posted and they say they have your item. They then talk you into paying for it without seeing any pictures or proof the seller actually has the item like you did. They then receive the paypal money instantly and send you a phony package with a delivery confirmation. This reassures you everything is OK and you rest at ease. When you get the phony package, you sign for it and take it inside, only to find that the item is NOT what you ordered.

You file a claim with paypal and say that you got scammed and they sent you junk. Well guess what? Paypal doesn't care because you did this transaction outside ebay and they will not cover you for an "Item not as described" claim. If you file an "Item not received" claim then they will get YOU for fraud because guess what? The seller has that handy signature confirmation number AND your signature that you got it. So you are class A screwed over by the system.

The second way a seller can keep your money without the claim is by stalling you. Usually the seller will then send you an "excuse" some saying the item was lost, others saying you got the wrong item, or they are refunding you ect. Like my last PM to you (a prime example). But of course the seller has NO intention of that and just wants to stall you. Why? This delays the process and gives the scammer time to escape with your funds. You see paypal has a 45 day timeframe in which you have time to file a claim. If you wait over that period you can no longer ever get your money back because paypal claims it is simply "Not their problem".

Either way, people scam the crap out of you and get away with it. It is unfortunate people do this but they do, and they burn you everytime.

I myself was burned last month like I mentioned above when a guy sold me a Koyo Radiator for 500 USD and I used paypal and found a box full of paper. I lost the paypal claim and learned a very hard lesson.

I am sorry I put you through this expirement but after I read your "paypal help" thread I decided I needed to teach you this lesson so you do not lose hundreds or even thousands of dollars through this forum or any other.

I have already gotten a refund processing back to you for your 300 USD. You will not lose a cent in this expirement.

Good luck to you and your Z sir, and DEAL SAFELY please.

Sincerely,
Justin

CRAZY lol before folks... But i did get my refund.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

why does this not surprise me.

his intentions were good and that's cool the refund was prompt and all, but I don't agree with experimenting with other peoples' time and money.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 AM
tw8715

haha yes i was SHOCKED

and my stomech dopped when i first got it..

but i wasnt mad cause i was just relieved to get my money back lol
Old 07-29-2009, 07:19 AM
lgear080

very not cool
Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 AM
CancerJCCz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya NOT a cool way to waste your time. Neveretheless at least you weren't really scammed!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 AM
jasabeast

why would you buy used parts?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Entaille

what is wrong with used parts?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Subdermal

**** that...not cool man, not at all
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by dave079
+1 Thats a stupid statement
if your gonna buy something why not get it new save up. Why settle for used products
Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 AM
jasabeast

ok so ill get a turbo run the absolute crap out of it then sell it to you and you thro it on and blow it up Horray for used parts

i mean if the money is very tight all the time i could see ur reasoning of buying used stuff.. thats just my opinion..
Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by jasabeast
why would you buy used parts?
Seriously? You've been around long enough...
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Entaille

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...-tomorrow.html

why did you settle for a used z, why didn't you just save up for a new one? how do you know someone didn't beat the crap out of your car?

damn you are thick. you can still be selective when you buy used parts, and get quality pieces at major discounts.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 AM
jasabeast

haha whole different scenerio tail lights.... car haha
Old 07-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Entaille

what, did someone run the tail lights too hard and they're going to blow up on the next guy? if they are functional and in clean condition the price of some used tails is a great pickup.

your comparison to a used beat up turbo set up is a better comparison? go back to drooling on your bib dude
Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 AM
AZ_3Fifty

WTF...Experiment?!?! Is his handle Jigsaw? I would never buy online via Paypal unless it's ebay and the seller has at least a 95% rating. It's too risky to deal with people on forums - they could be reputable businessman or a crack head. No way in hell would I give money to any my350z forum member unless I get the part first and it passes my QA.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Entaille
what, did someone run the tail lights too hard and they're going to blow up on the next guy? if they are functional and in clean condition the price of some used tails is a great pickup.

your comparison to a used beat up turbo set up is a better comparison? go back to drooling on your bib dude
how can you compare something that was 20,000 to something that was 300... i was just saying calm down buddy no need to gets ur panties in a bundle... you buy something new from a well known vendor or website you know you wont get scammed and it will be a win win situation
Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 AM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jasabeast
if your gonna buy something why not get it new save up. Why settle for used products
Huh? I have bought several used and new parts from members on this site that needed the money or got rid of their Z.

I bought a used Sparco seat. Sorry, it looked pretty damn new even if it was used at 50% off retail.

Used Sparco harness bar 50% off retail. The Sparco badge has a scrap on it. Who cares removed it and the bar was in great shape.

Quick Reply: WoW! Scam Lesson 101