Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Canadian buyers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 12:06 AM
SirZaLot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian buyers!!!!

Question.... If you have ordered the car and the dealer told you that your order has been comfirmed for production after a month. And since the car have NOT been on the production line yet, can you still change your order???
Does anybody had the same experience??

My dealer told me that the order is almost impossible to change after it has been comfirmed regardless under production or not, they can only write a "request" to Nissan Canada and hope for the best.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:59 AM
vanstorm16

Not true.

This just happened to me yesterday. I have a confirmed October production and order number already and one of the guys before me at my dealer had the misfortuen of Nissan making him the WRONG car. Bigtime screw up. So, the dealer actually phoned me to see if I wanted the car coming in. If I did, they could then change the specs on my order to fit what the guy was actually looking for. The situation got worked out someway different and its all good for the guy now.

But that possibility does exist. Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:43 AM
ballz

Default Re: Canadian buyers!!!!

Originally posted by KaiKai
Question.... If you have ordered the car and the dealer told you that your order has been comfirmed for production after a month. And since the car have NOT been on the production line yet, can you still change your order???
Does anybody had the same experience??

My dealer told me that the order is almost impossible to change after it has been comfirmed regardless under production or not, they can only write a "request" to Nissan Canada and hope for the best.
Totally not true, I am the guy that they made the wrong car for. I ordered a car without NAVI, but they sent me the car with NAVI. The plan was to give my car to someone else if he agreed, and they would change his order (confirmed) to match what I had ordered. As long as the car is not in production you can chnage whatever you want on it, model, options, color etc... The dealer is BS'n you.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:12 AM
vanstorm16

And I just happened to be that somebody else!
Old 08-29-2002, 11:20 AM
SirZaLot

But a dealer screw up did not happen to me. They comfirmed my order correctly, would I still be able to change my order???
Old 08-29-2002, 11:22 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you order and what do you want?
Old 08-29-2002, 12:16 PM
vanstorm16

Yes, it is possible. However, actually getting your dealer to do it might take some wrangling.

I know what Ballz and I are talking about is a different case but at least it demonstrates its possible. It might not be something that they'd do normally but at least we know they can do it.

Have you talked to Nissan Canada themselves? Maybe they can help more than the dealer? Hopefully this works out, let us know on here how you make out.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:06 AM
SirZaLot

Thumbs down

Nissan Canada???? They have the worst customer service I have ever seem in my life. They told me that everything will be done by my dealer, and anything I want I have to ask my dealer for it. It's just useless to call them, they know ****.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:08 AM
96integra

Thumbs up

Kaikai, I think unless the car is 100% built and sitting at the docks waiting to come over here, you have all the rights to change the order. Heck, it's a lot of money so you should totally fight for exactly what you want.

Those lazy responses of not letting you change it is probably just their way to avoid work and hassle.

Which dealer did you order it from (and which city) if you don't mind telling?
Old 08-30-2002, 08:25 AM
vanstorm16

If I'm not mistaken, Ballz got in contact with Nissan Canada and I think they helped out with that situation.

I've heard the horror stories about their customer service though. I had problems with a dealer when I leased my Pathfinder and Nissan Canada wouldn't do sweet-you-know-what.

Kai, have you talked to your dealer? You mentioned that they would be able to put in a request with Nissan Canada. Have they done this for you yet?
Old 08-30-2002, 10:55 AM
SirZaLot

I order my car from morrey nissan in burnaby b.c. Which I have to say they suck BIG time. I know that dealer could do the order change if they work for it. But I think Morrey Nissan won't give a dame about me. They always told me BS.

Anyway, I called Nissan Canada and they told me to deal with my dealer for all I need. And my dealer only tell me "will try" and never call me for anything.

People screw you around even you are a customer paying big bucks, I guess they just don't care about you cuz too many people are lining up for a Z...
Old 09-02-2002, 11:02 AM
96integra

I don't mean to sound negative but .....

I didn't get a very good impression of Morrey Nissan in Burnaby when I first called to inquire about the Z. The sales guy was real cocky and dared to demand a $2000 deposit with NO refund if you back out of the deal.

The sales guy also claimed to have the most Z's in all of greater Vancouver and have 7 Z's ready for delivery to customers back in mid-August. (when every other dealer modestly said 1 or 2)

I hope the sales guy you are dealing with is better. I don't know what this guy ate for lunch!

Interested to know if there are any new developments on your Z.

Cheers.