Experiences with Intense Power?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:13 AM
pangoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tw8715
Intensepower.com sucks...

im so serious lol

i bought a lip from them awhile back.. called a couple times..
CAUSE

they had shipping address wrong.
took like 4 days to get a tracking number.

so they said.. i was disrespectful for trying mircro manage them??

and cancled my orderd lol

never will i purchase from them again!

i see it kinda of common with this company for bad service
I remember that. The guy was even arguing with you on this forum and he was supposedly the "COO" of the company. Great professionalism! The messed up thing was that after people started really seeing what was going on one of the Mods deleted the entire thread...i guess to protect one of their "site sponsors." Sensoring at its best.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:34 AM
oh4TreefiddyZee

All of the **** talking Intense does about the other vendors on this site, and claiming to be the "number one My350z vendor", I'm glad everyone else is starting to see what I saw a year ago.

This company is shady at best. They have moderators who they are friends with, that will close a thread or delete certain posts from a thread. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is deleted by Monday.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:54 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

I ordered a few things from them in the past, intakes, exhaust and few other doo dads. Never had any issues with them, they were always helpful on the phone with me.

Hope everything works out for you OP, I doubt they are going to rip you off or anything like that.

EDIT - LOL @ the "lip guy".

Last edited by illjim69; 08-22-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 AM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys! just to clear things up mods had nothing to do with the thread delete.

although i was heated about the situtation, i and only me decided to delete that thread.

i knew someone else would post more complains about this company lol
Old 08-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

lol@micromanaging them!!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:23 AM
tw8715

pho sure! me and my stupid micro manegment lol
Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 AM
xUSAFxxTACPx

I tried to order a plenum spacer off them and 3 weeks after I was charged, still no arrival. I tried calling them for about a week and numerous emails, but no reply. Wouldn't consider them for the next pat I order!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by tw8715
Hey guys! just to clear things up mods had nothing to do with the thread delete.

although i was heated about the situtation, i and only me decided to delete that thread.

i knew someone else would post more complains about this company lol
I stand corrected on my assumption. My apologies to any Mods that may have been offended. I still wouldn't order anything from these guys after reading all of the horror stories.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:32 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They completely suck, I was pretty much theatened by Darren when I talked to them. I thought about making a short 6 hour trip to talk to him in person, I just don't deal with them anymore. I knew it was't just me.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:11 PM
PinkHippo350

Originally Posted by albaugh81
I hope they didn't sell you a product that they didn't have in stock.
They sold me a part that apparently isn't even being made anymore but is still on their site. They didn't even bother to email me or get in touch with me in any way. They also did the put on hold till you have to hang up on them and when i finally got someone to answer me and stay on the phone, they finally told me what was going on... but then they didn't even refund the money till 2 days later when i had to call them back and tell them to. Bad communication. Bad Business.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Steve-O Z33

I never had any issues but I haven't ordered anything in a long time.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:49 AM
tw8715

damnnn........

i knew i wasnt the only one lol
Old 08-23-2009, 04:35 AM
idanielsan

Well some of the items are on the way, and are expected to be here on the 26th, 30 days after I placed the order. The tracking numbers finally materialized on UPS and show movement.

Getting support for this kit if something goes wrong feels like its going to be a nightmare. I hope it isnt missing any pieces or have shoddy workmanship

Is intense the ONLY vendor for this kit? I plan on installing myself and would like some options if something goes bad...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:00 AM
weak 350z

Man....Do they have to call/email/pm you everyday to up date you on you order? Did you call to make sure they had your part in stock? I always call to see if they have it in stock. I ordered the first PL kit and waited a long time for it. My CC was charged right away. Why would any company do a partial charge? Lets say you order a clutch and they didn't have it in stock. They have to buy it from one of there vender's. Then you decide to cancel you order. Now they are stuck with the part and have to wait for someone else to buy it. Now they have money tied up in inventory siting on a shelf. They have bills to pay too.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:14 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by weak 350z
Man....Do they have to call/email/pm you everyday to up date you on you order? Did you call to make sure they had your part in stock? I always call to see if they have it in stock. I ordered the first PL kit and waited a long time for it. My CC was charged right away. Why would any company do a partial charge? Lets say you order a clutch and they didn't have it in stock. They have to buy it from one of there vender's. Then you decide to cancel you order. Now they are stuck with the part and have to wait for someone else to buy it. Now they have money tied up in inventory siting on a shelf. They have bills to pay too.
Get real...it's not that folks want a daily update. They just want decent Customer Service. Replying to an email or phone request isn't exactly something out of the ordinary when dealing with any company that sells any type of product. If my CC was charged then I expect the product shipped. To charge sonmeone's CC and then 30 days later still have nothing is completely unacceptable. Having inventory for a sales based company is an expected part of the business, so that's a BS excuse.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Z33_kid

wow glad i havent orderd from them
Old 08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
ninous26

They're a very cocky group all over the internet and in person at the track.. Oh yeah, not to mention tough guys too

Like one of the other posters above said he was pretty much threatened by Darren (panzy). He always tries to do the same with me on G35driver and our local forum by posting the address to the shop and asking me to come down to the shop to talk to him..

I used to be a fan of Intense and their cars.. Especially their G. Till one day I called the shop and was inquiring about their Powerlab Turbo Kit special they had posted about on www.az350z.com. On that thread they said "ask for pete". So I call intense, right off the bat the guy had an attitude problem and seemed like he just wanted to get the **** off the phone.

Me: Can I talk to pete, please?
Guy: Who is this? What for? Why pete?
Me. There was a post on az350z about your turbo kit special
Guy: Under his breath.. "turbo kit special?" Where did you say you saw this?
Me: Az350z, said ask for pete so I just want to talk to him.
Guy: Whats your name?
Me: Nino..
Puts me on hold for a good solid 5 minutes....
Guy: Whos is this again?
Me: My name is Nino.
Guy: Pete doesn't know you.
Me: Yeah but I'm trying to inquire about the post that was made on az350z..
Guy: Hang on one sec
2 minutes later Pete gets on the phone.
Pete: Hello?
Me: Hey pete how are you? Just calling about the Powerlab special you guys are running.

and that was just a very very very summarized portion of that phone call.. The first guy seriously asked my name and what I was calling about at least 10 times.. It was extremely annoying, especially his attitude.

Finally he gives me the full details and all which didn't really seem like a special at all for us "local" guys. The whole time everyone just had a cocky tone and an attitude... Wow, so much for me supporting their shop and their cars.. Learn how to speak to a customer first... Until then, **** intense.

Last edited by ninous26; 08-23-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 AM
ChromiumBlue

My personal assumption, and i hate posting an assumption like this, but from my experiences, when somebody has to ask your name and what you're calling about like ten times before they let you speak to "pete", its usually because the guys in trouble. Maybe from another customer asking about an order, or something else. But never should anyone have to ask a customer 10 times why he/she was calling.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 AM
idanielsan

Originally Posted by weak 350z
No they dont have to call me daily, but with the money I spent I feel I deserve an honest answer, or at least a reply back to one of my emails.

Charging an account before you have the product is the sign of a small, low inventory business IMO.

If I was told my product will be charged today and receive it 3 weeks later thats a different story, one that I have no right to complain about. I was told it would ship in 5-10 business days. When I PM'd, then emailed, then called, I got a delayed answer, then "its been shipped but no tracking number", then after badgering the phone guy I got a tracking number. And this was 2 weeks after I Im not rich enough to let thousands of dollars sit in limbo and not call about it. Call me ****, but its about communication, expectation, and service.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:23 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Exact same experience with my STance coilovers. They sell stuff they dont have in stock, and even better have no idea when it might even be available! They IMMEDIATELY charged my credit card and then I waited 4 months for them to arrive. They had that big Stance thread, but could not be bothered to say there was a LONG standing backorder. I guess keeping customers in the dark and getting their money ASAP is the best business practice.

They do sell some nice stuff, but unfortunately their blatant omission of details will make them hard pressed to get my business again.

Originally Posted by solrchrgd
I purchased the Tanabe Sustec Pro-Fives from Intensepower.com. I placed the order online in March and did not receive them to Aug. I was told the coilovers were on backorder and there were other customers who placed their orders before me. I was concerned that my credit card was charged the entire price right away. I would have prefered to put a partial deposit down until the coilovers came in. I was a bit frustrated on the time it took to get them but i guess its really not Intense's fault.

My experience wasn't the best but i can't blame Intense for the long wait. I would still place another order with them.

Bryan

Quick Reply: Experiences with Intense Power?