Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:20 PM
patrxcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tannoy
Honestly though the Z is a good car...Not sure what you want coming here and asking that question.

Kinda like emailing Kellogs and asking them if Cheerios is better.
Just a review from owners and from people who have driven both
Old 08-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Sor

To answer your question, neither. They are not a good first car for a young boy like you. Go get a civic or something and come back a year from now and post the same thread when your actually ready to drive something like a 350Z.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 PM
patrxcar

Accord..
Why? Slow? I dont want a slow car, i am not going to race or anything im not as stupid as some 16 year olds, I would just like a car that has good acceleration, and a good but sporty ride, and thats NOT an accord
Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by Sor
To answer your question, neither. They are not a good first car for a young boy like you. Go get a civic or something and come back a year from now and post the same thread when your actually ready to drive something like a 350Z.
I learned to drive and have been driving since i got my intermediate 7 months ago a 2005 bmw m3. which was my moms, I think i can handle it
Old 08-20-2009, 03:36 PM
patrxcar

Economical, reliable, and cheaper insurance.

In that case try to find a used Lambo. If you were my kid no way I pay for your insurance, gas, and repairs for a used 350.........But obviously not a concern for you.
it is, the only thing my mom will buy is the car, I have a job to pay for gas and any repairs needed, and which insurance should be cheaper, the z or crossfire?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
NyCSnEaK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get at you but, the OG's will take care of that. Have not earned my stripes yet, to be callin you out. You will probably be better off in the pseudo slk then the Z. Has less miles and less power. But I would not touch neither, the Z only because of the mileage.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:50 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
I would get at you but, the OG's will take care of that. Have not earned my stripes yet, to be callin you out. You will probably be better off in the pseudo slk then the Z. Has less miles and less power. But I would not touch neither, the Z only because of the mileage.
You would get at me? What? For what?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:58 PM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by patrxcar
You would get at me? What? For what?
Cause your an idiot. Goodluck wrapping that **** around a pole. Post pics.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Guilty1s

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone I see on the road has an old lady driving it...lol.
I can almost say that everyone i see on the road in a Z here where i live is an old lady...... seriously....
Old 08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by NoWin
Cause your an idiot. Goodluck wrapping that **** around a pole. Post pics.
Look their is no use in being an A$$ hole. I am just tryin to get a review OK!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
richiesaurusrex

Dude go with the crossfire. I have little respect for people who get handed any nice car, and I dont want to see you on this forum anytime soon. Plus get the car with a lot less mileage if you are paying for maintanence. My Z is my second car and I think it's underpowered, but I don't think you should have one as your very first just because you'll be curious. Youve never driven all by yourself and youll wanna see what your car can do. You dont have any mileage under your belt to help you with experience on the road when something unexpected happens. Be smart here sir. Wait a few thousand miles at least. Zs are fun cars, but I dont think you're quite ready.

Last edited by richiesaurusrex; 08-20-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:11 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by richiesaurusrex
Dude go with the crossfire. I have little respect for people who get handed any nice car, and I dont want to see you on this forum anytime soon. Plus get the car with a lot less mileage if you are paying for maintanence. My Z is my second car and I think it's underpowered, but I don't think you should have one as your very first just because you'll be curious. Youve never driven all by yourself and youll wanna see what your car can do. You dont have any mileage under your belt to help you with experience on the road when something unexpected happens. Be smart here sir. Wait a few thousand miles at least. Zs are fun cars, but I dont think you're quite ready.
Ok a few things I have had my intermediate which means i have driven alone for 7 months in my moms 2005 bmw m3. I know what a car can do I was in a very bad car wreck a few years ago and a passanger in the car that hit us was killed. All im really saying is I am not going to race or anything ok I just want a car with a sporty driving feel. And why do you not want to see me on the forum soon? or is that why?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
08panna

so you have experience in in an m3 with your mom. driving by yourself when your 16 is a WHOLE lot different. ive been in your shoes before wanting a sports car as my first car. my dad had an m3 and an STi. but im glad he didnt hand me one. i bought a buick instead and happy i did. best advice i could give would be getting something that is less power and not rear wheel drive. i know its temping to turn VSC off and drift and thats where you can get in a whole mess of trouble. so listen to everyone else. get an accord or civic or something to that nature and move up to a bigger car once you get some milage and experience under your belt
Old 08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
08panna

An Accord can easily have a sporty driving feel with a suspension upgrade. As you stated it's "Slow". They are'nt that slow but it sounds like you do want a car that you can race with.
+1
Old 08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by 08panna
so you have experience in in an m3 with your mom. driving by yourself when your 16 is a WHOLE lot different. ive been in your shoes before wanting a sports car as my first car. my dad had an m3 and an STi. but im glad he didnt hand me one. i bought a buick instead and happy i did. best advice i could give would be getting something that is less power and not rear wheel drive. i know its temping to turn VSC off and drift and thats where you can get in a whole mess of trouble. so listen to everyone else. get an accord or civic or something to that nature and move up to a bigger car once you get some milage and experience under your belt
As I have said I have had an intermediate which is where u can drive alone. I have driven my moms m3 many times alone it is a permit where u hav to have an adult in the car. But either way I am more experienced than most other people my age. And if I wanted an accord I would have gone to a Honda forum. Can't I just get an honest review of both cars?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
patrxcar

An Accord can easily have a sporty driving feel with a suspension upgrade. As you stated it's "Slow". They are'nt that slow but it sounds like you do want a car that you can race with.
Not to race just one that looks nicer than accord and has a sporty sound and the accord dosent. And I don't like the look of them
Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM
audisyr

the 350z is too much for a 16 year old.. I am 22 and consider myself mature alongside my peers. This car can be very overwhelming and tempting, I could never imagine buying my son a sports car like this at 16, especially a mother who drives a m3 and knows the deal.. Anyone who drives this car as a teenager is in trouble. Get a used wrx...awd for safety and comparable power-weight ratio if you must. A rwd sports car should be out of the question.. Fyi I had a used audi with 95 thousand miles until i was 22, I spent 6 years tastefully modding it and it was extremely fun. The 1.8t was an awesome engine with tons of options. After 6 years, I not only learned about engine modifying and electronics, I also learned the driving techniques that will keep me safe in my Z.

Last edited by audisyr; 08-20-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 PM
zenki_z33

Why don't you go test drive a Z? As for reliability problems use the search function It works very well. I must agree with the rest of the group and say get an accord, civic or integra. Good luck though
Old 08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
JEKL

2004 black 350z base model with 97,000 miles on it. But the crossfire is a 2005 limited with 35,000 miles on it for less money, thats why i cant decide
One of the oldest models you can find, the bottom of the barrel trim level and and a$$ load of miles... sounds like a great choice.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

. Can't I just get an honest review of both cars?
Why do you think you will get a review of a Crossfire on a 350Z Forum? I do realize you are 16 (guessed that immediately you may recall) but around here, we pretty much like our Z's and I don't think you would find one post around here that would have anything nice to say about a Crossfire. You seem to have missed the sarcasm in the replies. But as long as I am here, I have two kids just a bit older than you - one drives a Honda and one a Focus. Perfect cars for 16-19 year olds who (I) hope to live into their 20's and beyond. Neither of them have driven my 350 alone and won't anytime soon. Rear wheel, high HP cars are not for beginners, and yes, you are a beginner in spite of all your "experience". Not being mean, just being practical.
BTW, there is a button up above that says "Search". Use it before you **** someone off - the adults around here have very little patience with teenagers. Here is 215 pages dating back 7 years - enjoy. https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...zs-debate.html

Quick Reply: Help me decide