Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

First dead 350Z? or 7 of them at once?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 09:25 AM
abz123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing fishy is that someone said they can only transport 2 z's at a time.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:50 AM
BILZ Z

Default OH ****

Please pardon my English, my Z is due around 9/5 or sooner up in the Cleveland, Ohio area, only 3 hrs from Pittsburgh. I'm freaking right now. Just PM'd my VIN & called my dealer. Of course, they, as usual don't know a thing. He's calling NNA to see if I'm one of the unlucky ones. Hope this post about the Z's isn't soms sick practical joke. I'm not laughing.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:08 AM
InternetABYSS

If you can not release the VINS (fyi you dont have to release the entire VIN just the last 4 digits)...can you atleast say what colors Exterior/ Interior /6spd or AUTO..........were killed?

This would help the folks here to get a sigh of relief....
Old 08-29-2002, 10:22 AM
Radian

Originally posted by ZeeYas
From what I've been told, there shouldn't be more than 2 Z's on any truck. Since the Z's sit so low, they can only put them on the back portion.
Different carriers can handle more. He is south Florida there have been several confirmed sightings of carriers completely loaded with Z's
Old 08-29-2002, 11:36 AM
BILZ Z

Default Whew!! Dealer Called

My dealer just called. Good News, Bad News. Mine is not one of the unfortunate. But, my car is still on it's way to Chicago and will be put on the truck Mon or Tues of next week. Probably a week after that. Sooo, 9/5/02 looks more like 9/10. Oh well, my Z baby is safe at least.

Old 08-29-2002, 01:30 PM
baven

Fake? What do I have to gain? I saw the cars and only 3 were damaged, the list I had was composed of the entire shipment which went on three seperate trucks and only one truck was involved in damage.

I didn't see the truck, just the 5 cars which were on the truck. Of those 5 cars, 3 were Z's and they were pretty hosed, at least 2 of them.

Again, if you think its a joke fine, I dont much care. I will post pictures once the companies settle it, but I have nothing to gain by getting people worried. Out of the 4 or 5 people who asked me to check their VIN's to make sure it wasnt on the list none of them were and I am happy to put that to rest, but I cant release names, vin's, dealers names, resolutions, or pictures until the claim is settled, and that is not in my hands.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:37 PM
baven

Update, if you are nervous about your VINs dont worry, insurance companies get just about all of them and if you are that concerned just need the last six numbers since they are unique to the car.

As of now, the three Z's were:

1 Black Enthusiast
1 Chrome Silver Track
1 White Touring

The first two on that list are definetly toasted, the white one might be ok, but it still wouldnt be released for an additional month or two at the min.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:40 PM
InternetABYSS

edited by me.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:20 PM
bhobson333

Great Bob Almighty! So do I! So do MANY people, I bet. Then you'd have (IMHO) the perfect 350Z: A Touring with all the handling options or a Track with all the comfort options, whichever way you want to think about it.

Old 08-29-2002, 03:30 PM
baven

Not gonna happen. That is entirely not even related to my job. What we do in the event of a total loss is it gets sent to an outside agency to be auctioned to licensed salvage dealers, from there they go to parts yards or rebuilt.

They wont even be released for a few months since these are some of the first damaged Z's and there will be quite a fiasco over liability and damages.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:53 PM
Jewelz350

I'm officially coming unglued! I don't mean to be rude so please pardon this brief rant session but WTF happened to my car??? Another day over and not one phone call about the car. What kind of lousy dealer do I have??? It's a 4 hour drive between the two cities and it has now been 3 full days! How is this even reasonable??? How can they not even be concerned? The dealers last comment on Wednesday was, "Well maybe it will come Thursday or Friday and then you can come down to get it. It will show up eventually." How can then not even call today to let me know they are at least looking? Wouldn't that have been good customer service? I am beyond bent and it is ruining my enthusiasm for the car. Yes, I still think it is a great car and I am truly happy for all of you who are taking delivery. But, I have NEVER experienced such incompetency in my life! I've wait almost 8 long months for this and in a matter of three days my dealer has turned this into a nightmare. My excitement is gone.

Okay, I'm done. Thanks for the wasted space.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Z&Jet-Pilot

Not withstanding any of the previous posters, let me just thank you for providing this information. You did not have to.

Thanks as it's fellows like you that make this forum a great source of information!

Originally posted by baven
Not gonna happen. That is entirely not even related to my job. What we do in the event of a total loss is it gets sent to an .
Old 08-29-2002, 04:32 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

I am sorry to say but InternetAbyss you shouldn't make a request like that publicly. What if one of those car were from one of the owner on this forum and he is just heart broken after finding out waiting for 6-7months and not going to get it?

That's my 2 cents. Please keep it private..
Old 08-29-2002, 04:56 PM
baven

Unfortunately one of the forum users was an owner and had it confirmed by their dealer after I posted this.

I couldn't confirm it before he spoke to his dealer, but he told me he called after reading it
Old 08-29-2002, 05:09 PM
InternetABYSS

Your right Apex my bad ill edit that.

I was thinking out of the few members on here chances were that one of our members didnt lose their car....After hearing this new info....Im devistated and apologize.

THAT FREAKING SUCKS>>.......I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR WHOEVER LOST THEIR Z.......If there is anything anyone here can do please let us know...maybe someone that takes delievery can give that person a ride, drive, or something
Old 08-29-2002, 05:37 PM
baven

Honestly, they will likely get one of the best deals on the board. From what my boss told me, Nissan made a contract to deliver to them by X date, where if X date is not met the dealership will have to supply a similar/better/acceptable car in same timetable or offer a negotiation in lower price, upgrade, longer warranty or something.

Thats as much as I know, he will have to deal with the dealership.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:50 PM
rouxeny

That sucks. He may be able to get some car out of it, but he won't get his Z, that he preordered and waited months for. Besides, what's he going to get instead, a Maxima SE?
Old 08-29-2002, 05:54 PM
baven

I honestly dont know, but what he CAN probably do is locate a Z anywhere within 1500miles or so that isnt sold and the dealership he had preordered from has to do some sort of deal. My guess would be since he lost a track edition he will likely get a track + a bit of cash, or more likely an extended warranty for free.

Something like that, but it will likely take a few more weeks
Old 08-29-2002, 06:07 PM
alawoowoo

Wish I could get the brembos off one of these Z's if they are not fried(if they are track)....Would be nice to know what salvage yard gets them.

(Please out of respect for the member that lost his car no more posting about gettting the parts....I thought the same way until i knew it was a forum member.....internetabyss)
Old 08-29-2002, 06:23 PM
panthrd

Baven

Thank you so much for listing the types, I read your statement about it happening near Lancaster and I almost **** my pants. Lancaster Nissan should soon be getting my 350z, but it's Le Mans Sunset Track, whew!!!!!

Quick Reply: First dead 350Z? or 7 of them at once?