Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

First dead 350Z? or 7 of them at once?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002 | 05:39 AM
baven

Default First dead 350Z? or 7 of them at once?

Yup, thats right kids!

Just got word at my office that later today I get to examine a carrier that had 6 or 7 brand new 350Z's for a complete and total loss due to fire damage from collision.

Who the hell hits a car carrier anyway, those things a menacing

Actually, the worst one I saw was a carrier of Jaguars dump 4 brand new ones over an enbankment. Will keep you posted, maybe post some pics, if allowed.

For the record, these Z's were on their way to Pittsburg and Ohio.
Old 08-29-2002 | 05:43 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

That's sad. Post pics if you can (even though I really can't bear to see a stack of wrecked Z cars.)
Old 08-29-2002 | 05:53 AM
bobbyz

What type of work do you do that you get to examin the carrier? Insurance? I wonder what will happen to those orders. If dealers already have their VINS, then the logistics of re-allocating cars would be a mess. Especially when Nissan has communication problems when everything is running smoothly.
Old 08-29-2002 | 05:57 AM
Redline
Charter Member #103

Can you tell us if there are any salvagable parts, and how we might be able to purchase them????
Old 08-29-2002 | 06:11 AM
baven

Yes I work in Insurance, I basically have to determine what the next course of action is once I see them, which will be after lunch. I already have the VINs and dealer information in front of me, but I cannot really release that

I have no idea what the level of damage is, all that I know is that some are burned, some crashed, one fell off the truck.

They will likely all be taken to storage since they will be 99% likely written as total losses because of being brand new cars with no way to estimate repair costs as of yet. Salvagable parts I dont know, but the cars will certainly spend a while in storage as people try to figure out what to do with em if I total them out, which is most likely.

Either way, totalled cars go to a salvage wholesaler who sells the cars to dealers primarily, from there I dont know. Getting ready to head out that way now.
Old 08-29-2002 | 06:14 AM
baven

Happened late monday night as is my understanding, I just got the claim assigned to me, thats all I know.

Best I could do is determine what cars are not on the list, not which are on the list. Post your VIN and dealer you ordered it from.
Old 08-29-2002 | 06:17 AM
baven

Well, then you are likely in luck. The accident didn't happen near Philadelphia though, much further west out near Lancaster.
Old 08-29-2002 | 06:37 AM
vission

Default Oh man

I really really will feel bad for any poor soul if this is all true.

We may have to have a moment of silence or candle-light vigil for those who lost their Z's.

I mean, after waiting this long. Oh man, I can't begin to think about how bad that would suck.

Vission
Old 08-29-2002 | 06:53 AM
rai

I could see this happening to a boat load of aztecs (have to get rid of them somehow), but the Z? This is tragic. I feel real bad for the prospective owners, I just hope they don't lay claim to MY Z to make up for them.
Old 08-29-2002 | 06:59 AM
Sabre

If I was expecting my Z around this time, I would probably be going nuts.
Old 08-29-2002 | 07:25 AM
Jewelz350

Sort of related.

My car was supposed to be here Tuesday. The truck left Napperville for Indianapolis on Tuesday morning and it is about a 4 hour drive. Here we are Thursday morning and no truck. They don't know where it is and can't get hold of the driver.

I live about 2 hours from Indy and had to jump through hoops to arrange for someone to take me down there. I had all my stuff set out for the trip (camera, Valentine1, keychain, etc.). And here I sit without the car. Words can't really describe how disappointed I am. I didn't even go to work today I'm so bent out of shape.

I totally feel for those people who just lost their cars to that accident
Old 08-29-2002 | 08:22 AM
MaxTR

No offense Baven. I'm not saying you are lying, but the people on the list might want to take caution. Unless this wreak can be confirmed, i'd be careful about sending your VIN. I may just feel this way after reading the story on that RX-7 list, about the guy that got his car stolen, but these days, you never can be to careful. Has anybody confirmed the accident?

Again Baven, i'm sure there's nothing up your sleeve, just looking out for some folks are their wonderful Z's!!!
Old 08-29-2002 | 09:10 AM
Brad4rdHay

If its true, please tell me they wern't heading for Delaware (about 1.5 hr drive from lancaster)...oh please!....
Old 08-29-2002 | 09:16 AM
abz123

You can get the vins off the nissan website....if someone wanted to do harm....they'd have a field day there.

Schit happens...too bad for those guys/gals...wonder what happens in a case like that...would they specially build one from scratch or take someone elses off the line...

Originally posted by MaxTR
No offense Baven. I'm not saying you are lying, but the people on the list might want to take caution. Unless this wreak can be confirmed, i'd be careful about sending your VIN. I may just feel this way after reading the story on that RX-7 list, about the guy that got his car stolen, but these days, you never can be to careful. Has anybody confirmed the accident?

Again Baven, i'm sure there's nothing up your sleeve, just looking out for some folks are their wonderful Z's!!!

Quick Reply: First dead 350Z? or 7 of them at once?