Originally posted by jims2321
pay rent to my parents
Pay rent?! That's a little excessive
Old 08-31-2002, 08:26 AM
daytona350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z

daytona350Z,

Sorry for asking, but I have trouble with the math and need your help. You just turned 16, 2 months ago. What type of work that you have been doing since you're born that can earn enough money to pay for 3/4 of the Z. As I recall, this country have child labor law. My son mow lawn and pet sitting for neighbors for several summers and earn enough money to pay for half of his car insurance and extra money for gas when he turned 16.
no problem...
i have been into cars ever since i remember. i always had a goal of having my car when i was 16 and it had to be cool. so that i just had to acomplish.
i usually detailed cars when i was about 12-15 (and still do sometimes) maybe once or twice a week and charged 100-150 depending on the car/wax/process/wash in my neighborhood(about 100 homes), also had mowed their lawns but that didnt pay too much. the people that knew me trusted me because they know i wouldnt make some stupid mistake and burn the paint with the high speed buffer. it was pretty cool i had flyers and stuff and people just called. there are alot of cars in this complex, everyone has about 3-4 cars, good 4 me
i also had savings in 2 accounts where i am also diping in for the money.i had a real job when i entered high school, now getting close to 12$/hr, and worked with my cousin at a dealership on my off days. the dealership and car detailing is where i got most of my money. then....
my parents saw that i was getting money and they thought it wold be a good idea to invest in stocks...i didnt know much at the time about stocks and i just trusted them with my money. a good % was in there and it almost doubled. i said to take it out(just the scared part of me) because i didnt want to get too greedy.
so i just kept the rest in the bank, spent a little here and there...until i re-read my bank statement...i almost fainted...
i dont really wanna tell because other memebers mght get mad at me for having this amount of money. so i have had a busy working past and i think i should be able to treat myself...
i was considering a Miata, but my MOM of all people told me it was too small.

if you guys dont believe me, my cousins e-mail is chris_scout@hotmail.com , ask him for yourself what i did there...
sorry for the long reply

Last edited by daytona350z; 08-31-2002 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:28 AM
Danimsta

wow i admire you lol

all danimsta did was babsit his sister(no money, parents thought i HAD to do it )
then last year i worked at the good ol GAP and got 5 bucks an hour, never got a raise though i worked there a year and a half... then i quit cause of this specific manger just got on my nerves...
so no, i dont deserve this car, thats why im not gettin it
Old 08-31-2002, 02:33 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by westpak
Well, I am 12 and my parents are getting me a Z so I can practice for when I get my license then they promised to get me a Lamborghini, what is that, it sounds like an italian pasta dish???
Hey guys I got mine, See my parents came through
Attached Thumbnails Youngest Z Owner here?-new12.jpg  
Old 08-31-2002, 02:35 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Although I have to agree it is hard to look out the side window or over the hood for that matter, so look out you other young guys, maybe a phone book or two:
Attached Thumbnails Youngest Z Owner here?-new12a.jpg  
Old 08-31-2002, 08:52 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Driveway!
Old 08-31-2002, 08:56 PM
BRICKS Z

Default hey hey

hey westpak lets go cruisin up and down a1a glad you finally got it
craig
Attached Thumbnails Youngest Z Owner here?-me-and-myz2.jpg  
Old 08-31-2002, 09:04 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
LOL. You guys talking about high schools girls is a little crazy. Im 26 and I teach high school....I keep trying to distance myself from them as much as possible and now guys are causing trouble in my life
LOL, I could never teach high school!! I would end up in jail!! They put a lot of hormones in food now and since you eat it, it's not just the animals that are developing faster! Maybe I should teach college? Eventually I would get fired, but at least I wouldn't go to jail!! LMFAO!
Old 09-01-2002, 12:12 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHA!! yeah, I went to the college here for 5 years, always made sure I had at least one class a semester just to keep me feeling young
Old 09-01-2002, 04:20 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Scafremon
Nice Driveway!
Thanks it is coming in handy as a parking lot with the other car and my son's car, until I get rid of my car, which I now feel guilty she was always in the garage now she looks like a stepchild out in the driveway.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:32 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by daytona350z

no problem...
i have been into cars ever since i remember. i always had a goal of having my car when i was 16 and it had to be cool. so that i just had to acomplish.
i usually detailed cars when i was about 12-15 (and still do sometimes) maybe once or twice a week and charged 100-150 depending on the car/wax/process/wash in my neighborhood(about 100 homes), also had mowed their lawns but that didnt pay too much. the people that knew me trusted me because they know i wouldnt make some stupid mistake and burn the paint with the high speed buffer. it was pretty cool i had flyers and stuff and people just called. there are alot of cars in this complex, everyone has about 3-4 cars, good 4 me
i also had savings in 2 accounts where i am also diping in for the money.i had a real job when i entered high school, now getting close to 12$/hr, and worked with my cousin at a dealership on my off days. the dealership and car detailing is where i got most of my money. then....
my parents saw that i was getting money and they thought it wold be a good idea to invest in stocks...i didnt know much at the time about stocks and i just trusted them with my money. a good % was in there and it almost doubled. i said to take it out(just the scared part of me) because i didnt want to get too greedy.
so i just kept the rest in the bank, spent a little here and there...until i re-read my bank statement...i almost fainted...
i dont really wanna tell because other memebers mght get mad at me for having this amount of money. so i have had a busy working past and i think i should be able to treat myself...
i was considering a Miata, but my MOM of all people told me it was too small.

if you guys dont believe me, my cousins e-mail is chris_scout@hotmail.com , ask him for yourself what i did there...
sorry for the long reply
daytona350Z,

I am glad that you're paying for 3/4 of the Z with your hard earned money. That is the right way to do it and you will be proud of it. The different between you and my son is that I don't want my son to work during school year. I want him to have undevided attention on school. He graduated from his high school with top 3% of his class. Look like you work much more than him.

One suggestion I have for you is that while you enjoy your Z, make sure you also do well in school as well. Better education give you better earning in the future and lead to better quality of life. Pretty soon, you will have to pay rent and grocery on your own. It is hard to do that while paying for high car payment.

Good luck with your Z.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:02 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z

daytona350Z,

I am glad that you're paying for 3/4 of the Z with your hard earned money. That is the right way to do it and you will be proud of it. The different between you and my son is that I don't want my son to work during school year. I want him to have undevided attention on school. He graduated from his high school with top 3% of his class. Look like you work much more than him.

One suggestion I have for you is that while you enjoy your Z, make sure you also do well in school as well. Better education give you better earning in the future and lead to better quality of life. Pretty soon, you will have to pay rent and grocery on your own. It is hard to do that while paying for high car payment.

Good luck with your Z.

thanks i am going to be a Junior, which will be one of my hardest years; you must be proud of your son to graduate top 3%. i wish i could, it is not like i am bad in school, and all the working came when i had a chance to. i would like to thank my parents for keeping me in check for that. but i am among the top 85-90% in my class and i hope to keep it that way. there is no price for a great education. i hope to graduate in honors and make it to a UC school down here, mostly so i can enjoy driving . anyways now that i look on it, after i get my Z, i will have this type of feeling that I earned it, well 3/4 of it.

man i cant wait to be paying my bills, going to the grocery, dealing with my apartment, and all the other stuff!(hint of sarcasm )

thanks for the suggestion and i will be sure to stick by it!

p.s. how do you like the frost interior? is it more white or like a dove grey like some bmw's? i ordered it also but ext. color is daytona blue(isnt that obvios lol)
Old 09-02-2002, 04:17 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by VQracer
hahahhah funny westpak
VQ, I thought it would be funny here, I hope youdidn't take offence, it didn't seem like it. As I have said in previous posts it is not age but maturity and I have to admit that until you said it in a post I had not idea you were a teenager, cudos to you and your parents.

As for some of the young guys that are buying the Z, whether with money earned or cosigners, I am not knocking you for getting a Z, I wish I could have as a younger man (I am only 38), but I do knock the rational behind spending this kind of money on a car, if you have the cash do something smart with it, invest it or buy something that will appreciate not depreciate, what else in life do you buy that is this much that you know will go down in value so quickly, just my 2 cents and I speak from experience I am going through it with my 19 year old that just doesn't understand why I wont cosign for a new car when I already bought him a 2001 Mustang, be patient guys and just think that's all.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:54 AM
Danimsta

well i wouldnt mind a 2001 mustang....
though im not a big fan of mustangs... i still wouldnt mind
great pics though westpak heh
Old 09-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by daytona350z

thanks i am going to be a Junior, which will be one of my hardest years; you must be proud of your son to graduate top 3%. i wish i could, it is not like i am bad in school, and all the working came when i had a chance to. i would like to thank my parents for keeping me in check for that. but i am among the top 85-90% in my class and i hope to keep it that way. there is no price for a great education. i hope to graduate in honors and make it to a UC school down here, mostly so i can enjoy driving . anyways now that i look on it, after i get my Z, i will have this type of feeling that I earned it, well 3/4 of it.

man i cant wait to be paying my bills, going to the grocery, dealing with my apartment, and all the other stuff!(hint of sarcasm )

thanks for the suggestion and i will be sure to stick by it!

p.s. how do you like the frost interior? is it more white or like a dove grey like some bmw's? i ordered it also but ext. color is daytona blue(isnt that obvios lol)
daytona350z,

I loved the Frost interior. I don't like dark or black interior, it is worst in the summer, especially Texas summer. The Frost leather seat color is cross between grey and sand. It is exactly what I wanted. Here is the linke to my thread with several picture of the interior. I added those pictures after your visit on Saturday.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....2240#post52240

I am extremely proud of my son. Beside graduated in top 3% of his class, he has 38 transfer credits (from high school honor program and community college classes) before starting his first class at University of Texas. He just finished his third summer co-op job in his field (Computer Science), making $14.00/hr.

I wish all kids do well in school and college the same way I am nudging my kids. Make sure you don't work too much and taking time away from school. I assumed you don't want to detailing car the rest of your life. Gook luck with your Z and your school.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:05 PM
roberto350z

westpak, westpak, westpak ....do you here yourself telling a teenager to invest and save with appreciating assets? This is what you do when you are young... you have fun and blow your money.

I hear speakers say all the time that if you just start saving your money in high school, then you can retire early and be a millionaire. Unfortunately, this advice ALWAYS comes in RETROSPECT. Its like a rite of passage into middleagehood to start

a) blaming yourself for never having done it, so you try to teach it to your young ones
OR
b) congragulating yourself for having done it and denying the fact that you should have blown your money and had fun.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:40 PM
westpak
SFZCC

You are right, after having the car a couple of days I wished I had something like it when I was a teenager these guys will have to beat the girls off of the car.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:29 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by crbrickman
hey westpak lets go cruisin up and down a1a glad you finally got it
craig
Uhhhh. Isn't he only 12???
Old 11-10-2002, 04:51 PM
Namagomi

Default guess who's back, back again...

rofl. nice wife-beater there. lemme tell ya, you're one cool dude. i'll bet you get all the chicks. yeah, uh. hate to break it to ya, but a cool car won't get ya the good girls, just the cheap ones and westpak, if you can afford a Z, I'd think you'd be able to clothe your children.

p.s. - stop watching so much MTV. the 'enimem-look' isn't as cool as you think it is.

Last edited by Namagomi; 11-10-2002 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Toony

I just turned 7 and picked mine up a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna change the rear wheels and install a radar detector and a new subwoofer, but other than that, I am very happy with it. Slight pull to the right, and a bit of a grind when I downshift to 3rd, but nothing I can't live with. Already pulling the hotties
Attached Thumbnails Youngest Z Owner here?-dcp_0558.jpg  

Quick Reply: Youngest Z Owner here?